Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

New thread please no more bamboozles. My heart can't take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hunter's going down for gun charges

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Literally nothing changed - except for the ownership of the company

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

lol, of course it's just that easy to escape from prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzHmfu4orso

zoop

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Spicer getting fired by Trump because SNL cast Spicer as a woman was lol

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

shyduck posted:

A convicted murderer escaped prison near Philly and has been on the run for 5ish days now, and this is how he escaped

https://twitter.com/NBCPhiladelphia/status/1699535997631885814?s=20

"Face away from the wall with your back to it, then walk backwards up the Z axis" is part of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time speedrun.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Former President Donald Trump is "focused" on black Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, who brought the Georgia election racketeering case against him and 18 co-defendants, and is particularly incensed that a woman holds so much power over his legal future, said New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman on CNN Wednesday.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

"So the Georgia case is disturbing to them in a couple of levels," said Haberman. "Number one is the scope, the sprawl of this. I don't think in Trump's mind this case bothers him in terms of the facts and the details. The prosecutor bothers him. He's been complaining about Fani Willis for months and months and months, and that's only going to continue."

"Why?" asked Tapper.

"Well, because women in power, among other things, tend to upset him," Haberman replied. "People whom he thinks he feels he's under attack from upset him. He's been very focused on her in particular, and this case has gotten to him. And don't forget, there's an audio recording of him in this case, too. And that tends to upset him, too, when he's on tape. This has all taken place with an overlap of so many other cases, that it is almost impossible to pull them apart. They feel under siege at all times."

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Wherein Piers Morgan discovers botany includes a bit more than penises and vaginas, and becomes enraged.

quote:

Right-wing provocateur and TalkTV presenter Morgan hit out at the event, however, claiming “there’s nothing sexual about mushrooms” in a segment for Sky News Australia.

Speaking with comedian James Barr and right-wing commentator Tomi Lahren, Morgan slammed the idea that nature could be queer, claiming: “My question for all of this is, why?”

“Why are we having some queer celebration of things like mushrooms?”, Morgan continued, before Barr rightly explained that studies have found mushrooms with “about 23,000 different genders”.

Ignoring this, Morgan went on to rant: “We’ve just had Pride month, where the entire month was taken up with turning everything LGBTQ … Why can’t we just have straight plants?”

“I just don’t understand why you care,” Barr responded.

Tomi Lahren, an outspoken Trump supporter, added during her appearance on the show: “Well, I’ll tell you this, what concerns me is if there are 23,000 genders for mushrooms and fungus I’m a little concerned, because the LGBTQ+ barbecue is already too long for most Americans and most people to memorise, so now we have 23,000 genders added to that.”

She added: “Why does everything have to be about ‘queer this, gay that’? Why is that the only thing that leftists seem to respond to? It’s either race, gender or climate change.”

What a hill to die on. There's nothing sexual about a fungus' sex organs. Plants are male or female.

quote:

“In some species, there are no separate female and male plants (they are hermaphroditic) so the male/female binary system does not apply at the level of individuals. In some such plants, flowers can start off by being male and later the female parts become active (and vice versa). Grafting a male branch onto a female fruit-bearing tree has been common practice in orchards around the world for a millenia.

“Some plants are even more complex, with functionally male, functionally female and hermaphroditic flowers all on the same individual. In fungi even the basic system is anything but binary, with fungi having as many as 36,000 different mating types.”

The spokesperson added: “Events at Kew aim to celebrate the scientific reality of biology.”

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

There's also the theory that people who watch Fox News/OAN/Newsmax every waking hour for months or years have unintentionally trained their brain into a state of amygdala hijack whenever they consume information they don't like.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The 24/7 election cycle turned politics into rooting for a sports team. There is that dynamic, too

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1699567691307065444

The star spangled banner was a poem by Francis Scott Key

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

going to see jonelle monae tonight

I am jealous and I hate you now

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Actor Gary Busey is being investigated by law enforcement in Malibu, California, after allegedly striking another driver’s car last week and fleeing the scene.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to People on Tuesday that it’s looking into an accident allegedly involving the “Big Wednesday” and “Point Break” star, after TMZ published a video of the aftermath.

In the clip, an unidentified woman is speeding down the road after a blue vehicle, driven by a man who appears to be Busey.

“Sir, you hit my car, I need your information,” the woman calls. But the man accelerates away.

The clip cuts to the woman confronting the man in a parking lot. “You hit my car. You have scuffs all over your car,” she says, panning down to the man’s front bumper, which appears to be scratched.

“Progressive insurance,” the man says.

“I want the number, I want the information,” the woman replies.

“No, no. I’m private,” the man says. He pulls away with the Beach Boys’ “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” blaring.

“You rear-ended me!” the woman calls after him. “You can’t hit someone and then leave. Yo, that’s not OK. You hit my car. Sir! You don’t get to just leave hitting someone.”
The man then drives off.

In 2015, Busey was accused of hitting a pedestrian while backing his car out of a space in a Malibu parking lot

I treat Gary Busey sightings in the wild like some kind of cryptid

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

oh my god, Elon really did shadowban him for tagging him non-stop.

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1699810938596032642

quote:

My feed has been deboosted for 6 months now. I've never received a warning or had a post removed. And yet Twitter is deboosting me for having "a negative impact on Twitter."

What negative impact? You mean @LauraLoomer saying Casey DeSantis is faking her cancer doesn't have a negative impact, or calling Governor DeSantis a terrorist?

If I'm not breaking ANY X rules, WHY am I permanently maximum deboosted?
@elonmusk

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Two key members of my White House team, Ja’Ron Smith and Chris Pilkerton, released a new book. In Underserved, Ja’Ron and Chris, who were essential to achieving some of the most impactful policy wins of my administration, give a behind-the-scenes look at how we uplifted underserved American communities in need — including glimpses into moments the mainstream media never covered. I recommend the book to anyone interested in learning how we can Make America Great Again. Get your copy below!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1699608945956905448

What demographic does he think this answer appeals to?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

euphronius posted:

one of Giulianis coconspirators has vanished lol

no one can find Katherine fries

Was she just rudy in a wig? Is that part of the Fraud Guarantee?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

How does this keep happening?

quote:

A man with ties to a right-wing extremist group advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government was sentenced this week on a terrorism charge relating to what authorities said was his role in a plot to firebomb a power substation near a Black Lives Matter protest in Las Vegas.

A state judge sentenced Stephen T. Parshall, also known as "Kiwi," on Tuesday to life with the possibility of parole for assisting, soliciting or conspiring to commit an act of terrorism as part of a guilty plea agreement.

Parshall, 39, is a former Navy enlistee and faces additional time for federal charges relating to sexual exploitation of children, the U.S. Department of Justice announced in March. Las Vegas Metropolitan Police originally charged Parshall with four felonies but boiled it down to one as part of the agreement.

He self-identified as a member of the "Boogaloo" movement, according to court records.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Thank you to Senator Ralph Babet of Australia!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

crime fighting hog posted:

pretty interesting to put an emu in your letterhead considering your country lost a war to them

Description of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms
The centre of the shield includes symbols of Australia's six states and the border of the shield symbolises federation.

The shield is held up by the native Australian animals the kangaroo and the emu, which were chosen to symbolise a nation moving forward, based on the fact that neither animal can move backwards easily.

A seven-point gold Commonwealth Star sits above the shield. Six of the star's points represent the Australian states and the seventh point represents the territories.

A wreath of gold and blue sits under the Commonwealth Star. Gold and blue are the Commonwealth Coat of Arms' 'livery', or 'identifying', colours.

Australia's floral emblem, the golden wattle, frames the shield and the kangaroo and emu and at the bottom of the shield you will see a scroll containing the word 'Australia'.

There are ten variations of the 1912 Arms – the colour version, four variations of the conventional Arms and five variations of the stylised Arms.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Elon Musk's erratic demands after taking over Twitter were so constant his subordinates took to asking the billionaire to sign off on his requests for fear he would forget, according to a new report.

The world's richest man has made several big calls in an attempt to transform the platform, now known as X, after buying it for $44 billion last October.

About half of Twitter's workforce was culled shortly after Musk took control in October last year. Many of his decisions since then appear to have been made on the fly. Musk stepped back as CEO in June, handing over to Linda Yaccarino.

Musk also ended the platform's "blue tick" verification and replaced it with a subscription service called X Blue, formerly Twitter Blue.

Major changes demanded by Musk have come alongside several internal shifts during his tumultuous 11 months of ownership.

He ordered engineers to boost the amount of people who saw his tweets after Joe Biden's post about the Super Bowl got more hits than his, Platformer reported.

These demands extended to the accounts of friends and business partners. Two people familiar with the matter told Insider the company was monitoring the feed of billionaire investor Marc Andreesen after he complained.

Musk also restored the accounts of controversial figures, including Kanye West and Donald Trump. He reinstated Ye's account after the rapper contacted Musk personally, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The newspaper, cited unnamed sources, reported that such requests were made so frequently employees decided to write some down and ask Musk to sign them.

Bill Mitchell got dumped by Trump and Elon, and now he's reduced to getting LOOMERED in live debates

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Bill Mitchell
@mitchellvii

I'm testing to see how many people I follow see my posts. If you see this post, please reply with #DeSantis2024.
2:13 PM · Sep 7, 2023
·
8 Reposts
21 Quotes
61 Likes

quote:

Who can reply?
People @mitchellvii follows or mentioned can reply

He's getting sad and desperate

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

GIVE ME YOUR MONIES!

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1699848914541613550

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

My theory that Elom bought Twitter just to continue to abuse Grimes is gaining credibility.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Crabs probably don't go backwards much, though they don't go forward all that much either

They scuttle side to side.

Australia has mud crabs, but nobody wants their country to be known for lowest-tier Morrowind trash mobs

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I've watched enough of DeSantis' Q and As.

They deliberately don't mic the people asking questions and he's got like 5 handlers to strongarm anybody who doesn't immediately rhetorically suck his dick.

And he still comes off as barely passable. Weaksauce

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy last week promoted a CNN town hall he can't wait to be a part of – but the cable network said no such event has been scheduled.

“Townhall with @CNN on Tuesday, Sept 12 in New York City. We can handle the heat. Let’s see if they can too. Buckle up,” Ramaswamy said.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Peter Navarro got heckled at his latest post-court speech, I think by the same lady as before

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

In new CNN Poll, “Have (Crooked Joe) Biden’s policies improved or worsened economic conditions? WORSENED 58%, IMPROVED 24%. This is one of the worst outcomes in polling history, but because it is FAKE NEWS CNN, I believe that the real numbers are much worse than this for Biden. Almost everyone is doing worse!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

At what point is this obstruction of justice?

https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/1699885926279737561

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

It was great speaking with my friend Ben Carson and his staff tonight about their wonderful work at the American Cornerstone Institute. Look them up and support an amazing organization doing their part to help save our great nation. Ben is a 'special' person!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC9pjf3qkXs

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-vXattvIa4

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Is there just a constellation of microphones outside washington DC courthouses? Because this is the second time Peter Navarro has left court for the worst unplanned press conference ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBGChBvXs8k

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

standing in line to see jonelle monae

I still am jealous and hate you but please take and share whatever pics you can

(unless jonelle monae is a lovely Janelle Monáe cover band. Then don't bother)

(except if jonelle monae is actually a dope drag performer, I bet that could be a great show)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Former President Donald Trump is hosting a $100,000-a-pop fundraiser for Rudy Giuliani Thursday evening at his New Jersey golf resort as his former lawyer faces mounting legal and financial woes.

Although Trump has refused to foot Giuliani’s massive legal bills, the fundraiser at Bedminster suggests the former president isn’t freezing out his former lawyer either.

The shindig includes a “roundtable” discussion with Trump and Giuliani followed by dinner with the former New York City mayor.

The event was organized by Andrew Giuliani. The former White House aide and failed New York gubernatorial candidate reportedly has a better relationship with Trump than his dad.

Organizers are hoping to attract about a dozen attendees, a turnout that would put a dent in Giuliani’s estimated $3 million in legal bills.

Rudy got that coveted thursday night fundraiser timeslot

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Thank you, Colonel Musk. Your grasp of warfare and tactics has saved the day

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1699978767177756871

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

I can’t believe that these Fascist Monsters have so viciously gone after the great Peter Navarro for defying the totally partisan January 6th Unselect Committee of political Hacks and Thugs, who refused to go after Crazy Nancy Pelosi, and the reasons she and the Mayor of D.C. REJECTED 10,000 soldiers, which would have easily stopped any future security problem. His testimony wouldn’t have mattered, anyway, because the “Committee” QUICKLY and ILLEGALLY DELETED & DESTROYED ALL EVIDENCE & FINDINGS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1699881762414116993

quote:

‘Project 2025’, or the Presidential Transition Project was created by the confederate Heritage Foundation – a conservative think tank founded during the Nixon presidency – as a way to cement conservative values into the GOP.

Project 2025 doesn’t just target LGBTQ+ rights, however. A number of provisions include anti-immigration policies, which it claims are to “defend our nation’s sovereignty,” and anti-abortion policies.

Project 2025's director is former Trump administration official Paul Dans.