Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

RealityWarCriminal posted:

computer touchers stay in yospos. this is a blue collar sub forum.

stymie, is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BUSH 2112 posted:

i have never seen that person post, but Tori CMOS is an S-tier username tbh

that's one of his ancient names. he's also been known as annoying bastard and citizen tayne.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Consummate Professional posted:

we need to create more threads

:justpost:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

its a bible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Qurnah posted:

does he have to be there

like ever

oh yeah criminal defendants don't get the option to not show up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

like trump has never dealt with a criminal trial. he has never faced an actual threat of being locked up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

neutral milf hotel posted:

lol that dog in the bottom left corner. it's a sad story, though...

it got beaned with a brick from some unstable COVID thread poster cuz it tried to bark at her flower garden

:rip: to all the pure of heart beings out there

playtime is over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bebop esq posted:

I didn't even eat breakfast yet

brunchpostin

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i got wings for lunch so i gotta ask the thread: flats or drumsticks?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vim Fuego posted:

Could you have gotten a defensive coordinator who didn't molest kids? Sure. Most of em don't, even at D1 college level. But would it have been the right thing for penn state football?

sandusky was the heir apparent to take over. joe knew that his kid loving would be a big problem when jerry took the reigns, so he wrote him a letter, which was posted once years ago but i can't find it again. the letter said that if he wants to be head coach he'll have to step back and quit the second mile, his charity through which he molested young boys. the letter pretty heavily implied "you've got two options - stop loving kids and be head coach, or resign and keep loving kids with your coach emeritus office" and sandusky chose the latter.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

joepa didn't care about jerry loving kids at all. he just knew that he couldn't both be head coach and a kidfucker and sandusky decided he'd rather just keep loving boys.

i still can't believe his lawyer let him go live on tv with bob costas.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

WarMECH posted:

when working alongside a known kid diddler my first instinct is to send a strongly worded letter and then do nothing else

this was years before he got caught, and when he did get caught and it was reported to joepa, he didn't call and tell anyone because he "didn't want to ruin anyone's weekend."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

skaboomizzy posted:

look, you don't want to blow the whistle and ruin someone's weekend

drat, beaten :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Buddykins posted:

I dont think ive ever even seen a cabbage in person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV6RMVnk0C8&t=59s

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

wow that is extremely rude

it was a post from a day or two ago but did anyone answer your plinkey question? if not, he was mad about croup’s sad thread where croup called him a pedo hyperbolically to point out hypocrisy in failing to punish other posts as a part of croup’s ongoing ckf meltdown. it was a matryshoka meltdown.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Red Baron posted:

Jeffery where is the :hungwy: face????

the people demand it

be the change you want to see :10bux::10bux::10bux:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

they invaded mexico to do this. that island is not in texas.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

the plural of GMC sierra is not GMC sierra’s. it’s GMCs sierra

i think it's like lego blocks in that it would be gmc sierra trucks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

emfive posted:

who is that dude with the gigantic forehead

why do so many of those people have weird heads

that dude is connected to all of the florida judges and lawyers. he was brought onto trump's team to help with the documents case. he had to leave his firm to take on trump as a client, and insisted on a $3m retainer up front. after being retained, he told trump to return all of the documents and to begin negotiations with prosecutors on a plea. trump then removed him from the florida criminal case, where he was an expert and would have netted the minimum sentence, to the ny civil documents case. he's the only attorney present for trump and his large adult sons that hasn't gone on an open court rant about the judge's biases or previous rulings.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tom Tucker posted:

Dodos were probably loving delicious. Like humans hadn't even started selectively breeding them yet. We could all be eating fried Dodo fingers right now happy as clams but no some short-sighted sailors got greedy like a bunch of assholes.

i thought i read they were garbage annoying birds and they literally just trampled dodo nests and killed them for sport.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

yeah he was the actual adult competent defense attorney that trump hired and the shuffled him off to an unfamiliar district for an unrelated and open/shut fraud case.

this dude was appointed by desantis to recommend new florida judges. kise is literally responsible for putting state judges on the bench in fl.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

the 3 million probably wasn’t a retainer but was his fee

idk tho and it’s not really that important

it might have been a fee earned upon signing. that's pretty standard in the fl criminal defense world. either way, trump moved him from the criminal documents case to the civil fraud case because he gave good competent advice about his criminal liability and what actions trump should take.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

here's a leagleeagle video where he goes over all of trumps lawyers and their various legal bona fides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhy5Y8xVHS0

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i'll also note that kise is somewhat back on the documents case as trump couldn't find anyone else willing to shill his poo poo down there that was admitted to practice to the relevant courts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

William Bear posted:

NYTimes describes it as an "upfront retainer".

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/16/us/politics/trump-lawyers-fees.html

Getting money in advance unquestionably makes him Trump's smartest lawyer. It says he's made a total of $5.8 million from Trump so far.

from the trump campaign. trump isn't paying his lawyers. his political donors are. they're also paying a lot of his co-conspirators' legal bills and he uses the conflicted counsel to intimidate/coerce them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

I could not watch that for more than 20 seconds

but one reason trump has bad lawyers is because he or his close aides fire them when they tell
him to plea

i'm not saying he's everyone's jam. but this video does cover all of the trumpsphere lawyers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

VideoKid posted:

lmao

so the gag order lasted less than a day lmao

the gag order only pertained to court staff, unfortunately.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

so for those that didn't follow all day, trump's lawyers basically grilled the outside cpas and tried to blame them for the fraud in the financial statements. the accountants respond that they just had a compilation agreement not a review or audit agreement. here's a basic definition of a compilation agreement:

quote:

What is a compilation?

In a compilation engagement, the objective is to assist management in presenting financial information in the form of financial statements without undertaking to provide any assurance that there are no material modifications that should be made to the financial statements so they will conform to the acceptable financial reporting framework. Because of the even more limited scope of compilation procedures, the CPA’s report will not express an opinion or provide any assurance regarding the financial statements.

A compilation involves (1) gaining a general understanding of your business, accounting principles used and financial reporting system and (2) presenting financial information in the accepted format of proper financial statements. The CPA expresses no assurance about the accuracy of the financial statements presented. The report attached to the financial statement emphasizes that the service is a compilation.

While independence is required at the other levels of service, the CPA does not have to be independent of your organization to perform a compilation. The report must state that the accountant is not independent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

can’t believe it was zach wilson that finally outperformed him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DrPossum posted:

:siren: posting on the emergency page :siren:

:911:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gregday posted:

Opinions are too subjective to be defamation. You have to make (dis)provable statements of fact for it to be defamation, and the bar is high. When elon called the Thai rescue guy a pedo, that was ruled by a jury to just be Internet poo poo talking insults and not defamation.

Not exactly. The jury was poisoned by multiple bazingas. L. Lin Wood is a lovely attorney, and if Vernon Unsworth had hired a good attorney instead of someone who was well past their prime and already infected with brainworms, he probably would have won.

Calling someone a pedophile is defamation per se, and Musk only got away with it because of a partial juror. The jury foreman owned a Tesla and had a massive history of singing Musk's praise, for example.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

sounds like this Mike Johnson clown is gonna get it

he somehow whipped the caucus to unanimous consent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the gently caress is a scooped bagel?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

like you're just getting crust and toppings which i mean ok but what the gently caress are you getting a bagel for then?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DrPossum posted:

do we think we're in for content today?

most of the defense stuff at trial has been super loving boring for obvious reasons

This isn't defense. This is Trump on the stand for hostile direct just like his large adult sons.

e: I meant hostile direct not cross.

Mr. Nice! has issued a correction as of 13:24 on Nov 6, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the sub that went there isn't nuclear capable. it is nuclear powered, but it only fires conventional weapons. hence the moniker ssgn not ssbn.

besides, we don't need any of our ssbns to be anywhere close to anyone to fire a ballistic missile at them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DrPossum posted:

yeah and that was boring

i misspoke. it was hostile direct. but, yeah, i get it's not everyone's cup of tea.

DrPossum posted:

a nuclear sub is just a nuclear missile with people in side

do you even think about what you write before you mash the post button?

i'm just meaning as a literal design of the vessel, it doesn't have nuclear weapons on it. the navy no longer has any nuclear conventional weapons. hasn't for like 20 years. the ssgns are literally built in a way that they cannot load the nuclear missiles. we don't ever announce where ssbns are, but they can literally fire at targets anywhere in the world.

there also really isn't a way to make a nuclear submarine blow up like a weapon. nuclear reactors do not work like bombs, especially those on submarines.

the entire point is that the usa didn't move any nuclear weapons toward iran. they did move a fuckton of tomahawks which is what they'd actually use if we were attacking someone. i'm just quibbling with the statement that a nuclear weapon capable vessel was moved into the area because it is not correct.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

navy nuke talk made me :lol: and remember the time a goon posted actual navy nuclear secrets on the forums.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DrPossum posted:

Sir this is a Subway. I recommend microwaving the meatballs first, please.

i like to put meatballs on the spicy italian with provolone. hard to find a place that will still do the old school v cut that really makes it worthwhile, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

time change has got me hosed up. feels like it should be 9 already.