Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
this thread it testing postive

in a good way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

mpuprtumprtmurtmuprutmrputmrmptrputpmrutmurtrmuptrpmutrpumtprutrupmrutupmrumprutmptruuptmrtrupmtupmtrpu

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

holky gently caress can u imagine four mother fuckin months of georgia trial

quote:

Prosecutors in Donald Trump's Georgia racketeering case say that the trial would take four months and include approximately 150 witnesses.

Mr Trump and 18 others are charged with a conspiracy to overturn the state's 2020 presidential election results.

A date for the trial has not yet been set, although prosecutors hope to begin on 23 October.

The former president and his co-defendants have all denied any wrongdoing and pleaded not guilty.

In court on Wednesday, state prosecutor Nathan Wade said that the expected timeline does not account for jury selection, which could potentially add months to the process.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said he hopes to decide questions regarding the trial's schedule by "either the end of this week or early next week".

All 19 co-defendants in the case have pleaded not guilty and waived their right to in-person arraignments, which were due to take place on Wednesday.

During Wednesday's court session, Judge McAfee also heard arguments on whether some of the defendants could sever their cases from the wider racketeering, or Rico, case.

Attorneys for Kenneth Chesebro sought to sever the counts against him, as did attorneys for Sidney Powell, a former Trump lawyer, who has also asked for a speedy trial - a constitutional right in the US.

Both will now go on trial together on 23 October after Judge McAfee denied a motion to sever their cases from one another.

In court, he said that he does not believe that "the severance for Mr Cheseboro or Ms Powell is necessary to achieve a fair determination of the guilt or innocence for either defendant in this case".

He added that two separate trials would "inconvenience" jurors and complicate scheduling.

In total, six of the defendants in the case have sought to sever their cases, including Mr Trump and ex-Georgia Republican chair David Shafer.

Other defendants are seeking to have their cases moved to federal court. A federal judge has yet to decide on the issue, known by the legal term of "removal".

Mr Chesebro and Ms Powell's trial is slated to begin on 23 October - the same date being sought by district attorney Fani Willis for the other 17 defendants.

Judge McAfee, however, said it seemed "a bit unrealistic" to try all the defendants together in October, noting that "we've got less than two months to figure this out".

In court, Mr Chesebro's attorney Manubir Arora argued that the far-reaching racketeering case would mean that his client would have to be in court for "weeks, if not months" of testimony unrelated to the specific charges against him.

Additionally, Mr Arora said that Ms Powell - who famously vowed to "release the Kraken" after Mr Trump's electoral defeat - was "sort of on a lark on her own" and not connected to Mr Chesebro.

Speaking to CNN after the court hearing, Mr Chesebro's second attorney, Scott Grubman, accused the government of "weaponising" the Rico statute to "connect three or four conspiracies into one".

Prosecutors allege that Mr Trump and his co-defendants were involved in a multi-pronged effort to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in the state, culminating with a phone call in which Mr Trump pressured the state's secretary of state to "recalculate" the vote tally.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

ram dass in hell posted:

trumescent at the prospect of a 4 month shitshow

i will become increasingly isolated, happily!!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Qurnah posted:

does he have to be there

like ever

Yeah, defendent has to be in the room to face his accusers. Unless Trump literally decides to throw a big stink the entire time to disrupt the rulings - in which case the judge won't even bother putting him in contempt, just remove him to an empty court room under Illinois V Allen and poo poo

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

"your honor I was president, and will be president again, i make a motion to dismiss"

"sir that's a portrait of Braxton Bragg"

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Qurnah posted:

that's not fair

i don't have four months left of parental leave

you know what you must do.

have more babbies

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Was this Spicer's "Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons!" moment?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Qurnah posted:

it was worse he said "even hitler didn't gas his own people"

fukkkkkk i miss spice boy

Comparing the Nazi leader with Syria’s Bashar al-Assad, Spicer told journalists during his regular press briefing at the White House: “We didn’t use chemical weapons in world war two. You had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons.”

Asked to clarify the remarks, he added: “I think when you come to sarin gas, he was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing.”

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

bebop esq posted:

I don't think so but I could be wrong (a rare occurrence)

nothing is wrong in tump thread

everything is permitted

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

On this day in Turmp history five years ago!

quote:

The Trump administration is proposing to lift court-imposed limits on how long it can hold children in immigration detention.

Under proposed regulations set to be published in the Federal Register on Friday, the administration seeks to replace the Flores settlement, a decades-old agreement that dictates how long the government can hold migrant children, and under what conditions.

The administration wants to detain migrant families together for as long as their immigration cases are pending. The proposed regulations will satisfy the "basic purpose" of Flores, the administration argues, by making sure that children are treated with "dignity, respect, and special concern for their particular vulnerability as minors."

"Today, legal loopholes significantly hinder the Department's ability to appropriately detain and promptly remove family units that have no legal basis to remain in the country," said Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen in a statement.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/06/645195329/trump-administration-proposes-rule-to-allow-longer-detention-of-migrant-children

Wow!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Slumfrog posted:

yeah i think that was the one. it's sublime, the progression from puzzlement to disbelief to open mouthed incredulity this woman goes through as she tries to process the undreamed of levels of what the actual gently caress??? in what she is hearing. its wonderful, a perfect summary of the moment everyone truly came face to face with the new reality of trump and how loving wild poo poo was about to get

you can almost hear the crack ping. there would be many more to follow

e: beaten hard, but i do love this gif so

upon further review I just am in awe of Spicer saying any of that poo poo. Why bring it up? Why mention the holocaust at all? Just be like "yeah this dude is bad!"

really the moment of crazy hosed upness came at the very first presser when he kicked off by shouting how the inauguration was THE BIGGEST EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD and poo poo, how the press manipulated photos to make it look smaller than it was etc

good times, lost to us now

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

UFOTacoMan posted:

me not saying "dune"

it's not a spice ban

that's your words not mine. you called it a ban on spice not me

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

we forget who took over for spicey before shuck

it was an age undreamed of

the mooch

11 days he reigned

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

:trumppop:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

"I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock" is a helluva thing to be remembered saying

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

how many tpmru threads until you all start acting like a family

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Bearjew posted:

who is presiden

an rear end in a top hat!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Bearjew posted:

wow how could you say that about donal dump

so if trump actually won the 2020 election and never conceded and thus biden being sworn in is null, why didnt' he just keep acting like the president

pretty weak move imo

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

any of u live in missouri

https://www.gsaauctions.gov/auctions/preview/252782

100 bucks?!! HOly poo poo!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

fix it? it will be reborn as a turmp truck! shiny and chrome

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

titty_baby_ posted:

No, they are supposed to suffer by design, stop this

remembering that fox graphic that said something like 98 percent of people in poverty have a fridge

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Reminder that federal criminal court cases result in a guilty verdict something like 97 percent of the time

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

euphronius posted:

I have no idea why you would not plea every time

Being viewed as a martyr for the cause seems pretty tantalizing i guess

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

reignofevil posted:

Taking the long gamble that Trump wins reelection and pardons the faithful is my guess.

Which, lmao.

also this. I'll have to look up later who trump actually pardoned vs who he said he would vs who said he said he would

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I actually noticed something at the big Husker volleyball game last week: when it came time to do the national anthem, the announcer didn't say

"By the order of the President" let alone President Biden. He said "By the order of the commander in chief."

That's gotta be on purpose so they don't suddenly have a round of boos before the anthem

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

pink noise posted:

yea, and profitable. none of these guys have jobs, right? they're influencers beholden to their audience (or rich patrons) for donations

I forget where I heard it but most of the militant trump supporters you see at rallies and advocating for violence are HVAC

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

the milk machine posted:

when do they say that

ive never heard the anthem introduced like that?

It happened at the big Husker Women's Volleyball game in Lincoln, NE Aug 30. I specifically remember hearing "By order of the commander in chief" please remove your hats and place your hand on your hearts, etc.

So I was thinking why say commander in chief instead of president? What is it about the president's executive authority as head of the military that matters with the national anthem? It just seemed weird

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

petit choux posted:

It's loyalty to Trump.

those who follow trump benefit from the infinite wealth of his domain

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

lmao

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

alnilam posted:

Most republicans are still steaming mad that a black man was president

and that apparently he is also kenyan, gay and smokes crack if rumors are true!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

ASEAN members Vietnam's Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, U.S. President Donald Trump, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, Australia Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull link hands during the opening ceremony of the 31st ASEAN Summit in Manila, Philippines on November 13, 2017. (Noel Celis/AFP/Getty Images)

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

CaptainBeefart posted:

Don't forget he's Muslim: as all hell.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Slumfrog posted:

lol iirc nearly all of his pardons were doled out in the last weeks/days of the trump supremacy, almost all of them went to people convicted on fraud and/or corruption charges, and nearly of those pardons were basically sold openly to the highest bidder by trump aides and lobbyists

So the numbers I'm finding are a bit unclear, Obama did 1,927, Trump did 237. Was Obama's pardons connected with de-criminalizing pot in some sense? I can't loving remember

e: That included 1500 communtaitons, so he pardoned 212 people in eight years vs trumps 237 in four. drat!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

External Organs posted:

Thanks for copying this out of your Florida history book.

"as all hell" slays me everytiem

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

the milk machine posted:

the president can't order me to do jack poo poo, commander in chief or not

what about the president in exile

punished president

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Good Citizen posted: