Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

No PPR

Pick 2

R White v PHI
R Mostert v DEN
K Williams @ CIN

Leaning towards White and Mostert but Williams might go big again, especially if Burrow is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kilometers Davis posted:

No PPR

Pick 2

R White v PHI
R Mostert v DEN
K Williams @ CIN

Leaning towards White and Mostert but Williams might go big again, especially if Burrow is out.

I like Mostert and Williams.

Since I have the same question as last week I'm just gonna repost this one with some alterations.

Quiet Feet posted:

.5ppr flex

Lockett vs. CAR
Brian Robinson vs. BUF

Have Lockett in there now. If early results indicate anything then looks like B-Rob is the lead back for WFT and he could be a good volume play, though that Denver D sure didn't seem bothered by Jacobs slow him down at all last week.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
PPR, 8 team league, who would you put in the flex:

G.Wilson
N Harris
G. Pickens
Ford
Moss
C. Watson

Also, ehm, who would you drop for a kicker?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Half PPR, pick 3

Mattison vs LAC
Conner vs DAL
White vs PHI
Ford vs TEN

I'm a bit surprised the experts on fantasypros have them in this order above. Must be a matchup decision? I'm a Vikings fan and Mattison has certainly not impressed.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

I'm a bit surprised the experts on fantasypros have them in this order above. Must be a matchup decision? I'm a Vikings fan and Mattison has certainly not impressed.

Chargers have been an absolute bottom of the barrel run defense for several years now

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Fentry posted:

Chargers have been an absolute bottom of the barrel run defense for several years now

Welp, we just traded for Akers so Mattison is a big question mark for me now. He was my keeper too. Only an 8th rounder luckily.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

KingKapalone posted:

Half PPR, pick 3

Mattison vs LAC
Conner vs DAL
White vs PHI
Ford vs TEN

Mattison: bad RB gonna be bad against even the chargers
Conner: flash in the pan against the giants, won’t produce against the cowboys
White: decent; the Eagles had a good run D against the Pats (probably not very good) and Vikings (good offense + bad rb, see above) so take from that what you will
Ford: not Chubb, against a run defense which beat the Chargers (Ekeler injured) and Saints (not all that great)

Personally, I’d go Ford or White

E: oops, pick 3. Uhhh Mattison for 3rd?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Akers signing with the Vikings probably doesn't impact Mattison at all this week except maybe make him mentally stronger and rise to the threat of being demoted?!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Help me choose 2 .5 PPR flexes

Brian Robinson vs BUF
Jerome Ford vs TEN
Joshua Kelley @ MIN
Nico Collins @ JAX

Currently have the first two slotted in

Worried a bit about Ford since the Titans shut down the Chargers run game last week

And Kelley will probably have an easier go of it against the Vikings

And Nico looks legit

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cat Hassler posted:

Help me choose 2 .5 PPR flexes

Brian Robinson vs BUF
Jerome Ford vs TEN
Joshua Kelley @ MIN
Nico Collins @ JAX

Currently have the first two slotted in

Worried a bit about Ford since the Titans shut down the Chargers run game last week

And Kelley will probably have an easier go of it against the Vikings

And Nico looks legit

I'm going Nico & Robinson here. Don't want any part of the Browns' offense and Kelley didn't do anything last week. Run with the hot hands imo.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I'm going Nico & Robinson here. Don't want any part of the Browns' offense and Kelley didn't do anything last week. Run with the hot hands imo.

Think I agree with this. Ford will have good weeks but the Titans run D is good

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dango Bango posted:

Docjowles posted:

Think I agree with this. Ford will have good weeks but the Titans run D is good

Thank you both!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I picked up Hunter Hearst Henry since he was available but I also have Kittle. So,

No PPR
Kittle vs NYG (tonight)
Henry @ NYJ

I'm leaning Henry because Kittle hasn't done anything so far this year and is getting fewer targets. But I still want to believe Kittle is DSYS.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

So are people sitting or starting Mattison?

I’ve got Rachaad White and James Connor as my two staring RBs (.5 PPR). ESPN has Mattison projected to score better than either one, but I won’t believe it until I see it.

I’ve also got D. Swift in at flex. So basically, which one do I not start?:

Mattison
Connor
White
Swift

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

I picked up Hunter Hearst Henry since he was available but I also have Kittle. So,

No PPR
Kittle vs NYG (tonight)
Henry @ NYJ

I'm leaning Henry because Kittle hasn't done anything so far this year and is getting fewer targets. But I still want to believe Kittle is DSYS.

If Aiyuk is out then Kittle.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
May be not given a choice in the end due to injuries but full PPR:

TE: Darren Waller @ SF against Hunter Henry @ Jets (leaning Henry)

Flex: Garrett Wilson vs NE against Tutu Atwell @ Cincinatti against Miles Sanders @ SEA (leaning Atwell but if ASB or Burrow don't play I'll just have to put up what I can, I'm not playing Tee Higgins without Burrow)

QB: Brock Purdy vs Giants against Jordan Love vs NO (could also pick up Geno Smith, CJ Stroud, Mac Jones or Daniel Jones)

Judgy Fucker posted:

So are people sitting or starting Mattison?

I’ve got Rachaad White and James Connor as my two staring RBs (.5 PPR). ESPN has Mattison projected to score better than either one, but I won’t believe it until I see it.

I’ve also got D. Swift in at flex. So basically, which one do I not start?:

Mattison
Connor
White
Swift

Personally would go Connor or White. Really tough matchups (Eagles for White and Cowboys for Connor) and I doubt White will do what he did against the Bears again anytime soon. If I had to choose one, probably Connor I mean the Cowboys defense has been utterly dominant so far, Connor isn't particularly fast so if the Cowboys are dominating at the line of scrimmage seems like he's gonna have a tough day.

Also big thanks to MakaVillain for pointing me towards the ACTUAL sit start thread lol

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Picked up Joshua Kelley while Ekeler is out, now gotta decide whether to use him:

Need 2 of following RBs, 0.5 PPR:
J. Kelley LAC @ Min
K. Walker Sea v Car
J. Conner Ari v Dal

Leaning Kelley and Walker since Dallas seems legit vs RB

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Plank Walker posted:

Picked up Joshua Kelley while Ekeler is out, now gotta decide whether to use him:

J. Kelley LAC @ Min
K. Walker Sea v Car
J. Conner Ari v Dal

Walker and Kelley the right choices. Dallas D is legit and Vikes D can't stop the run.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Plank Walker posted:

J. Kelley LAC @ Min
K. Walker Sea v Car
J. Conner Ari v Dal

Walker is an every week starter, dont have to ask about him.

Guess I'd use Kelley purely based on matchups.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ugggggggh do I really dare start Danny Dimes tonight @ SF? NY is going to get obliterated. On the other hand I don't really have a bench spot to add a streamer, I would have to drop a useful asset. Waivers are nasty. I could potentially pick up

Stafford @ CIN
Russ @ MIA
Goff vs ATL
Howell vs Buf
Love vs NO
Stroud @ JAX

I think I have to roll him out there and hope for garbage time antics

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Docjowles posted:

Ugggggggh do I really dare start Danny Dimes tonight @ SF? NY is going to get obliterated. On the other hand I don't really have a bench spot to add a streamer, I would have to drop a useful asset. Waivers are nasty. I could potentially pick up

Stafford @ CIN
Russ @ MIA
Goff vs ATL
Howell vs Buf
Love vs NO
Stroud @ JAX

I like Goff vs ATL but I also really don't like Danny Dies overall. I think the only QB I would take him over on that list is Howell.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Play posted:

May be not given a choice in the end due to injuries but full PPR:

TE: Darren Waller @ SF against Hunter Henry @ Jets (leaning Henry)

Flex: Garrett Wilson vs NE against Tutu Atwell @ Cincinatti against Miles Sanders @ SEA (leaning Atwell but if ASB or Burrow don't play I'll just have to put up what I can, I'm not playing Tee Higgins without Burrow)

QB: Brock Purdy vs Giants against Jordan Love vs NO (could also pick up Geno Smith, CJ Stroud, Mac Jones or Daniel Jones)

I have the same situation with WR and TE: currently starting LaPorta vs Falcons over Waller but will probably waffle before the game tonight. You could make a case that he may still put up 5 or so points against SF, and will probably be Jones’ panic target most of the game.

I have Atwell and Wilson too, and I have Wilson in since he’s good for a big reception once or twice, and that’s all you really need. Still waiting another week to start Atwell to see if he’s more consistent

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Stafford @ CIN
Russ @ MIA
Goff vs ATL
Howell vs Buf
Love vs NO
Stroud @ JAX

Think I'd go Stafford or Goff. Yeah you're giving up the ground game but I think fred warner and Co can put a lid on that and Jones will probably fumble or throw picks or both. Stafford has played great but there's been a lot of touchdown vulturing from the ground game, eventually that will change.

I kinda have a similar issue, narrowed down to Purdy or Stafford or Jones. Probably sticking with Purdy because I think he'll have a huge game and won't miss as many big plays as last week

Play fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 21, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Desperately trying to cobble together a team following RB injury after RB injury and I'm pretty limited in the flex slot. No PPR, my choices are:

Najee Harris
Terry Mclaurin
Matt Breida
Tutu Atwell

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Party Boat posted:

Desperately trying to cobble together a team following RB injury after RB injury and I'm pretty limited in the flex slot. No PPR, my choices are:

Najee Harris
Terry Mclaurin
Matt Breida
Tutu Atwell

Harris....but yuck

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

KingKapalone posted:

Half PPR, pick 3

Mattison vs LAC
Conner vs DAL
White vs PHI
Ford vs TEN

I’d leave White out. That defense is serious.

Mattison has disappointed so far, his OL is busted, and Minnesota will have to throw a lot. BUT he’s getting the opportunities and the two defenses he’s faced so far are strong against the run. I don’t think he’s ever gonna be an elite rb but I think he’s gonna be better than he has been and a solid flex / low rb2

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MakaVillian posted:

Harris....but yuck

no ppr makes me think Tutu for sure. He’s been getting 70+ yards and he’s due for a TD.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

.5 PPR Flex:

Breece Hall vs NE
DeAndre Hopkins @ CLE
Nico Collins @ JAX

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Stafford @ CIN
Russ @ MIA
Goff vs ATL
Howell vs Buf
Love vs NO
Stroud @ JAX

Piggybacking on this, I have Danny Dimes and my options are

Love vs NO
Stafford @ CIN
Mayfield v PHI
Stroud @ JAC

I'm leaning Love but I'm in your same spot - would have to drop a legit asset or Mr. Dimes himself to roster another QB...

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Fentry posted:

.5 PPR Flex:

Breece Hall vs NE
DeAndre Hopkins @ CLE
Nico Collins @ JAX

Nico

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Need a flex in full PPR. I do not like my options:

N. Harris @ LV
D. London @ Det

I currently have London slotted in, but could be easily convinced either way

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Need a flex in full PPR. I do not like my options:

N. Harris @ LV
D. London @ Det

I currently have London slotted in, but could be easily convinced either way

I'd go London. Najee Harris hasn't done poo poo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Najee Harris
Terry Mclaurin
Matt Breida
Tutu Atwell

Tutu imo

Anti-Hero posted:

Piggybacking on this, I have Danny Dimes and my options are

Love vs NO
Stafford @ CIN
Mayfield v PHI
Stroud @ JAC

I'm leaning Love but I'm in your same spot - would have to drop a legit asset or Mr. Dimes himself to roster another QB...

Stafford imo. He's due for a three touchdown passing day just gotta hope the defense doesn't let Kyren Williams score so often. Or Stroud could be okay as well except the Jax defense may be good, kinda hard to tell at this point.

I hate the matchup against San Francisco for Daniel.. Yeah he will have to throw but he's not good at throwing. His best fantasy value is on the ground and I just think SF can stop that part of his game effectively.

I'm still analalysize paralasize with Hunter Henry and Waller. Waller will get a lot of targets this evening but will that actually translate into points? is the question. Henry seems like the easy choice in my mind but then every resource out there including Yahoo seems to prefer Waller

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Help!
.5 PPR Flex:

Nico Collins @ JAX
Or
Mike Williams @ MIN

Play
Apr 25, 2006

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Help!
.5 PPR Flex:

Nico Collins @ JAX
Or
Mike Williams @ MIN

I think that's pretty much a tossup to be honest. I'd probably go Collins though

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Play posted:

I'm still analalysize paralasize with Hunter Henry and Waller. Waller will get a lot of targets this evening but will that actually translate into points? is the question. Henry seems like the easy choice in my mind but then every resource out there including Yahoo seems to prefer Waller

I recognize TNF already started.

I feel your dilemma I’m starting Henry. I picked him up because he gets a nice 7 targets a game and seems to be a priority end zone target.

A part of my brain doesn’t want to get the TE of that pats offense led by Mac Jones, but Henry has been good and consistent so far.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I recognize TNF already started.

I feel your dilemma I’m starting Henry. I picked him up because he gets a nice 7 targets a game and seems to be a priority end zone target.

A part of my brain doesn’t want to get the TE of that pats offense led by Mac Jones, but Henry has been good and consistent so far.

Yeah I'm feeling alright about it right now considering that the second quarter is more than halfway done and Waller doesn't have a single target

I feel like it's better to go with your personal feeling is a football watcher and enjoyer. Even if you're wrong at least you went for it and trusted your analysis/intuition

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sometimes there are gross situations that you just have to lean into. Hunter Henry is one of those. The Pats suck rear end, they have no receivers, he is their #1 pass catcher. He will probably finish as a *throws dice* top 6 TE. If you got him in a late round or off waivers, you are winning.

I very much want to go back in time and draft him instead of Kyle Pitts in the one league where I did that

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 22, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

A real gross sit/start for TE

1PPR for TEs

Cole Kmet @ KC
Taysom Hill @ GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MakaVillian posted:

A real gross sit/start for TE

1PPR for TEs

Cole Kmet @ KC
Taysom Hill @ GB

If you’re rostering Hill just roll with him imo. Lottery ticket sort of game and if you’re not using him the week before Kamara then what’s the point.

The game script tells me Fields could be throwing a lot but, uh, that doesn’t always register as a good thing unfortunately.