Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
1 PPR, gotta pick 2:

Rachaad White vs. CHI
David Montgomery vs. SEA
AJ Dillon @ ATL

Currently have White and Montgomery in there, but I see that Aaron Jones isn't expected to play. Thoughts? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Pick an RB, 1PPR:

Mattison v LAC
White v PHI
Warren @ LV

I figure Mattison has the best combo of matchup and opportunity, but he's been so bad that I'm wondering if I should give either of the others a second look. Rankings have Mattison and White about the same, with Warren as the dark horse who's probably still a little bit away from being relevant.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Cnidario posted:

Collins and Ford. Still not sure what happens when the Commanders meet the buzzsaw that (was) the Eagles’ defense, but I’m not thinking he will do great. Baltimore is shambolic at the moment, and so is Pittsburgh.

Unrelated: in my 14 team 1 qb (half ppr) league, everyone except for me and one or two other people drafted two QBs. Now I’m in the position where I need a QB week 5 when Herbert is on bye. My plan was to take Stroud, but to wait until next week, gambling on the fact that no one would drop their backups or take another backup QB.

Well, I was wrong. Last year’s league winner (who won as a result of my Burrow-Chase doomstack evaporating in the Buffalo game) just took Stroud as his THIRD qb. Dumb AF since there’s no way I’m going to trade to him for a qb I will only use one week most likely, and it uses up yet another spot on his bench, but drat.

So here are my options, and I’d love to hear what you guys think.
1. trade someone from my bench for someone else’s backup
2. Wait until next week and snag Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young, or Dobbs.

Leaning towards the second option, though.

QB: Herbert
WR: Allen
WR: G Wilson
RB: Pierce
RB: Kamara
TE: Waller
Flex: Atwell

BN: Charbonnet
BN: Hunt
BN: Kelley
BN: LaPorta
BN: Q Johnston
IR: Barkley

If Richardson is available, grab him now. He should not be a free agent in a league that deep and he's back practicing after his concussion. Use him for the bye and then he should be good trade bait afterwards.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
So now with JT coming back I have to pick 2 out of these 3, 1 PPR:

Jonathan Taylor vs TEN
CeeDee Lamb @ SF
Kyren Williams vs PHI

My thoughts on each: normally JT is DSYS but I'm a little wary he might need a week to shake off the rust because of the long layoff; CeeDee is maybe also DSYS and has an ok matchup but really he's only had one great game and three mediocre ones; and Kyren has been playing extremely well and I don't know if he counts as DSYS but the Eagles run D is so good and their pass D is so not that I think LA is going to throw all afternoon. I guess I'm leaning JT and Kyren, but I'm really not sure.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Mattison @ CHI or JT @ JAC for my flex, 1PPR. Does JT need another week vs. is Akers going to eat more into Mattison's touches?

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I have to pick a flex and maybe an RB if Roschon doesn't clear the concussion protocol, 1PPR:

Alexander Mattison vs SF
Zach Evans vs PIT
Jameson Williams @ BAL

I'm going up against the #2 team in the league and I'm already down my top two RBs and two of my top three WRs to injury/bye, so I probably need high upside plays over high floor.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. And I guess Evans over Jameson if Roschon plays because as much as I like Jameson, he's just not getting the playtime yet.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

ElectricRelaxation posted:

I have to pick a flex and maybe an RB if Roschon doesn't clear the concussion protocol, 1PPR:

Alexander Mattison vs SF
Zach Evans vs PIT
Jameson Williams @ BAL

I'm going up against the #2 team in the league and I'm already down my top two RBs and two of my top three WRs to injury/bye, so I probably need high upside plays over high floor.

So yeah, with the Evans news this changed to me having to pick one of these guys for RB2:

D'Onta Foreman vs LV
Jaylen Warren @ LAR
Alexander Mattison vs SF
Rachaad White vs ATL

It has to be Foreman, right? I like Warren but Pittsburgh keeps insisting on giving Najee touches no matter how much he sucks and that limits Warren's ceiling too much.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Yeah, I'm also curious about this Monty news. Right now I have Rachaad as my RB2 with Foreman, Roschon, and Monty on my bench. Rachaad playing tomorrow means I need to decide by then if I want to stick with him or go with one of the other guys. Monty is easily the pick if he's healthy, but I'm also concerned that if he isn't, I could be stuck with one of the Bears guys while they both steal carries from each other.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Young receiver grab bag, gotta pick one of these guys for my flex in 1PPR:

Josh Palmer vs CHI
Rashee Rice @ DEN
Josh Downs vs NO
Tank Dell @ CAR

I think it's between Rice and Dell, but the rankings and projections for them all are extremely close.

I'm not really worried about the possibility of Palmer not playing tomorrow night if he is the right choice because I do also have Roschon and Foreman to switch in if I need to, I just have them a little lower than the receivers until I see how things shake out with the Chicago backfield.

ElectricRelaxation fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 28, 2023

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Josh Downs' questionable tag has put me in a little bit of a bind because he was going to be my flex starter. My alternatives are Rashee Rice in the Germany game, and Josh Palmer in MNF who also has a Q and didn't even practice today. I have to go with Rice, right? The games are so spaced out that I can't wait on Downs or Palmer being game time decisions and maybe getting me a 0 in that slot. Rice might even be the pick anyway because KC-Miami should be a shootout.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Zero_Grade posted:

At this point, I would call Rice a start at any WR2-or-less spot (unless you have some insane WR group). I'm playing him this week and not looking back.

I have a pretty hopeless week due to byes/injuries, but I still have to start two QBs. Having just lost Kirk, my choices are very dire.
pre:
Derek Carr	NO	vs  CHI
Jaren Hall	MIN	@   ATL
Zach Wilson	NYJ	vs  LAC

Rice is definitely the #3 but only because AJ and CD are the top two. As for you, oof. Carr is the obvious choice, and then... well, poo poo. I guess I'm maybe feeling Zach a little more? It's nothing more than a gut feeling and the fact that the Chargers seem to underachieve, but great googily moogily I hate both those options.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I need a fill in WR2 because of byes/injuries. I have Jahan Dotson, but with the Higgins injury news and Chase being questionable, I have to pick up Tyler Boyd instead, right? It's 1 PPR.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Qb concerns:

Dobbs @Den (possible rain)
Allen vs NYJ

Look, I like Dobbs as much as the next guy, but don't overthink this. Allen is still the #1 QB in fantasy. This is a pretty clear DSYS situation.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
David Montgomery or Kyren Williams for my flex, 1 PPR? Can the Detroit running game support both Monty and Gibbs, and do the Rams ease Kyren back into the mix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Pick a defense:

KC vs LV
WAS @ NYJ
DEN vs NE

I have KC and it's not a bad matchup, but they also scored just one point against Vegas four weeks ago. The other defenses are probably worse in terms of talent, but the Jets' and Pats' offenses are completely inept.