Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Bellmaker posted:

Welcome to the 2023 start/sit advice thread.

To get the best suggestions please include
-Your league's scoring/settings.
-What slots need to be filled.
-What opposing teams they face.

Your thoughts on who you'd pick is also helpful.

For instance, need a flex, .5PPR:
Lockett vLAR
McKinnon vDET

Lockett should be solid but with a Kelceless Chiefs McKinnon could be intriguing? :thunk:

Of the two, Lockett seems a safer bet, it means you don't have to do the "which Chief is the chief Chief" dance.

So now I'm doing the same dance, though.
Rank these WR options:

Lockett v LAR
DJ Moore v GB
Brandon Cooks @NYG
Skyy Moore v DET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I need two RBs from this bullshit, .5 PPR:
Tyler Allgeier @DET
Zack Moss @BAL
Najee Harris @LV

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
In . 5 PPR, TE choice:

Sam LaPorta @TB
Cole Kmet vs MIN

followed by a FLEX choice:

The TE I didn't pick above
Tyler Lockett @CIN
Josh Downs vs JAX

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
You all are concerned about using one Thursday night player, what about TWO?

Picking two of these three in .5 PPR:

Olave v JAX
Calvin Ridley @NO

Hollywood Brown @SEA

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Pain of Mind posted:

It is not crazy, and might be the best/safest option since Samuel has had a pretty high floor lately. Is there anyone you could pickup if you do go with Addison? I do think McCaffrey will play since he practices Saturday, but you never know.

Two decisions:
Standard scoring:
Najee Harris @ LAR
Zach Moss vs CLE
Jalen Warren @ LAR

Not super thrilled about any of these, kind of leaning Harris, not sure how the split will be between Moss and Taylor and the Browns D has been good.

For 0.5 PPR:
Joshua Palmer @ KC
Rashee Rice vs LAC
Romeo Doubs @ DEN

I am mostly torn between Palmer and Rice. The LAC defense is pretty permissive and Rice is effectively the #2 receiver on the team, but the ball is spread around so much it is hard to predict how many targets he will get. The KC defense has been decent, but Palmer could get more targets.

Consensus seems to be if you need a Steelers RB, go with Warren. Najee hasn't been useful this year and there's no reason to think he'll start now.

In the second choice, I think I'd go Rice in case he's Patrick's favorite this week.

I need a FLEX in .5 PPR:

Josh Downs vs. CLE
Tyler Lockett vs ARI
Royce Freeman vs PIT

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ferroque posted:

0.5 PPR pick 1

C. Kirk @ Pit
N. Collins @ Car

Any ideas?

Kirk and T-Law been heating up lately, I'd ride that hot hand.

I need an RB2 out of this pile of garbage, .5 PPR:

Royce Freeman @ DAL
Tyjae Spears vs ATL
Jerome Ford @SEA

Ordinarily I'd go Ford but he wasn't even supposed to play this week, if he does I'm worried he'll be limited.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Bellmaker posted:

need a FLEX, .5PPR

McLaurin @SEA
Najee @GB
Lockett vWAS

For all he's been maligned this season Najee's been trending in the right direction the last few weeks. McLaurin and Lockett continue to feel like a coinflip, both offenses have a lot of mouths to feed

I'm probably starting Lockett (see below) and don't feel good about it, I would probably go McLaurin here, I think you'll get the most productivity per opportunity with him, even with Dotson eating catches.

SPEAKING OF WHICH....

I need a ranking of these options in .5 PPR:

DJ Moore v CAR (tonight)
Tyler Lockett @WAS
Jordan Addison vs NO
Jahan Dotson v SEA
Jerome Ford @BAL

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Docjowles posted:

I'm down bad at RB this week with byes and injuries. Anyone want to make a case for one of these idiots over the other? 0.5 PPR

Rico Dowdle @ CAR
Tyjae Spears @ JAX

I have Spears in since he seems to have more of a role. Dowdle is basically saying "Cowboys are up 30 at half time and he gets the second half to himself"

I'd stick with Spears for this exact reason, Dowdle is getting more rotation but it's clear TEN is trying to expand Spears as a Henry-preservation method.

I need a FLEX in .5 PPR:

Jerome Ford vs PIT
Jordan Addison @DEN

This feels like the last week Addison is startable, but I wonder if CLE is gonna have to run all the time without a strong QB

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I have an embarrassment of riches and a track record of choosing wrong. Please help me:

I need an RB2, a WR2 and a flex of

Barkley @Was
Achane LV
Aiyuk TB
Dell AZ

Avoid all Giants. Yes, even him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Stroud or Tua this week?