Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Reposting since I didn’t see this thread existed until now :haw:

Ok, for my lineup this week this is what I have

JJ and Nacua for WR
Monty and Kamara for RB
J Jacobs for w/r/t

Should I put Zay Flowers or Waddle in for J Jacobs? I know it’s early in the season, but Jacob’s seems to be underperforming projections but is playing the chargers, while I’m worried Zay won’t get many targets against Pittsburgh

Jacobs is projected for 11.18 while Zay is at 9.91.

Or maybe I need to put Jacobs in for Kamara and see how Kamara does this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Do I sit Josh Jacobs or do I sit David Montgomery? Monty is projected only 6.67pts, Jacob’s 11.21, but Monty tends to over perform and Jacob’s has underperformed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cnidario posted:

E: sit Jacobs

I was leaning that way too, thanks!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ope, apparently Montgomery might not be playing tonight after all

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Where are you seeing this?

Rotowire + nbcsportsedge

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player/david-montgomery-13556

E: looks like the source deleted his tweet, so maybe he is?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m going Goff :getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

I would not start a just returning from injury David Montgomery on Thursday night over Josh Jacobs.

Good news is he’s out here owning bones :toot:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

With Cooper playing on Sunday, now I’m definitely not sure if Puka is going to produce like he has been

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Kupp? He's not eligible to play until week 5.

Boy I wish I could read

https://twitter.com/stujrams/status/1707827530689032364?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was going to play flowers, but then the advice I was given is that the Browns have a great defense, and I’d expect Deebo to have a better game against a relatively shite team than a rookie against one of the best defenses this season

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Zero_Grade posted:

Evans easily, I don't think you play Harris until he does anything fantasy relevant (or until you get real desperate in bye weeks).

On a related note, I'm sitting Josh Jacobs which feels kinda bad until I look at his numbers so far. Also the only slot I could start him in would be a flex over James Conner, who I don't think is going to be amazing against the 49ers today but then again there's last week vs. Dallas. :shrug:

This week is Jacob’s last chance for me. I have him on while Kamara is on the bench, and since Monty scored me 34pts I figure it’s a good time to see who is going to be my other main guy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lions also has a starter or two coming back from injury, pretty sure they’re on the defensive line.

So basically Lions are #2 with some backup dudes

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Lions also has a starter or two coming back from injury, pretty sure they’re on the defensive line.

So basically Lions are #2 with some backup dudes

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1709253212153184613?s=20

Kerby and Moseley are the starters coming back

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Do I play Nacua@PHI or Waddle@GB? Pretty sure GB’s rush defense is like #30, so I’m assuming Achane and Mostert will be the main ball havers, but otoh Coop is back, so I’m not positive I’m going to get 27pts from Nacua again, much less his projected 10.23 (compared to Waddle’s 9.87)

I am reasonably annoyed that auto draft grabbed Waddle @ #2 in the draft before I realised what time it was

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Nobody knows if Kupp is playing. Just because his practice window is open doesn't mean he's definitely back.

Who are you starting over these guys? They should both be in your lineup.

I have Justin Jefferson, and then I’ve been running Monty/Kamara with Jacobs in the flex spot since waddle has been a wet fart so far

I also have JAMO, but he’s on the bench until I see what he does and how often he gets targeted

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Phillys pass defence isn't that great so far this year so Nacua imo

Dango Bango posted:

My $0.02 on Nacua - start him until there's actually a game where Kupp a) plays and b) takes targets from him.

Big ideas, thanks folks!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jesus lol. Nice work!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The spirit of Butkiss is with DJ

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah I think you have to put Kupp in the lineup, probably in place of Kirk.

Should I start Goff or Stafford in a 6 pt TD league? Currently have Goff but Sun God and Gibbs are going to be out and Kupp is in so I'm conflicted.

That’s actually something I hadn’t thought much about for Goff. Usually he averages 23pts at home, but that’s with ARSB playing. If they’re going to do the run game, that could hit his points pretty hard unless Reynolds and Jamo get a lot of targets. I’d hate for most of his passes to be shorts to LaPorta

Now I’m debating subbing Stroud for Goff

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

And I should’ve started Reynolds over Olave. Although Olave did ok, Reynolds had 7 more points. I guess I should trust the DET offense more.

It is so bizarre to be able to say it out loud lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of which, if you need a TE Logan Thomas is only 46% rostered and appears to over perform his projections by 2-11pts/game, so he may be a good pickup given they apparently are ok with throwing to him

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The week I played musgrave, i got 0.6pts for a rec + 1y and then he got concussed. The week i played Hunter Henry, I got 0pts while musgrave got 7 or there abouts.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have a coin flip at WR.

Olave @ Houston
Josh Reynolds @ TB

Reynolds had a good week last week with Amon-Ra out, but he's back this week so I expect numbers to drop. Olave has underperformed the last couple weeks because Carr is injured and Houston has not been giving up many points to WR. Even when Reynolds was playing with Amon-Ra he still did pretty good, so I'm leaning Reynolds.

If LaPorta is out, Reynolds will be getting more targets too

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Laporta may be out, but I would absolutely play him over anyone if he’s in

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ARSB is probably the safest bet for targets and tds

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today was the first time since Kamara has been back that Olave saw much of any targets, tbf. Week 4/5 he saw 6/5 targets, but today got 10

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Since Monty is going to be out this week, I need to adjust my lineup. Currently I have

Waddle
Nacua

Jacobs
Monty

Kamara

I need to move Kamara into Monty’s slot and then choose a WR for my flex position.

Options are
Flowers
Reynolds
Jamo

I’m leaning towards Flowers, but I suspect the Lions are going to do a number on him and Baltimore’s o-line. Conversely, I’m not sure how many targets the other two would even get, comparatively. Jamo probably 5 or less, and Reynolds will depend on how open sun god is and how Gibbs is running the ball.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

Goff hasn’t been great on the road IIRC, Baltimore is a bad matchup but he’s probably the best of the three ROS

Goff has been extremely reliable for me, with only one mediocre game in 0.5ppr

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Since Monty is going to be out this week, I need to adjust my lineup. Currently I have

Waddle
Nacua

Jacobs
Monty

Kamara

I need to move Kamara into Monty’s slot and then choose a WR for my flex position.

Options are
Flowers
Reynolds
Jamo

I’m leaning towards Flowers, but I suspect the Lions are going to do a number on him and Baltimore’s o-line. Conversely, I’m not sure how many targets the other two would even get, comparatively. Jamo probably 5 or less, and Reynolds will depend on how open sun god is and how Gibbs is running the ball.

Now that Monty is officially out, need some advice.

I will admit I have updated my opinion on flowers from “probably getting smoked” to “potentially the main gun used in Sundays shootout”

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Do I start L Thomas @ NYG or L Musgrave @ DEN in my 0.5ppr league?

I’m leaning toward Thomas, but musgrave has a higher projection. Only concern here is that the Denver defense will be bad enough that they’ll just throw to WRs instead of TEs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

For all the shittalking I did about Musgrave a few weeks ago this is the week to play him, no one gives up more points to TEs than denver

True, but will GB realise that and play that way? Their offense has been terrible the last few weeks

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Good enough for me

This will be the conclusive test to see if I’ve had bad luck or if me playing a given TE means they get injured or no targets

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would argue Meyers tbh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roseo posted:

Goff @BAL or Love @DEN?

Goff is the hot hand but Baltimore is supposedly a decent defense ( though they've faced some mid QBs this year) and I can't shake the feeling that while I'm admittedly a homer GB isn't as awful as Denver and with Jones back this has all the makings of being a get-right game for Love. I'm seeing this as a toss up right now.

I hope you didn’t go Goff lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/tori_mcelhaney/status/1716162971406053414?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

0.5ppr

WR: choose 1
Waddle @ NE
Flowers @ ARI
Meyers @ DET

I’d like to think Waddle would be a safe pick for my WR2 against NE, but sheesh.

Flex: choose 1
Jacobs @ DET
Flowers @ ARI
Meyers @ DET
Waddle @ NE

Leaning towards Flowers since the DET defense is good, and Jacobs only managed 4.6pts against CHI, though I’m not sure how much use he actually got. Jakobi had good production and I’m assuming soaked up a lot of Jacobs use, so he could be good too.

Opposing team has Lockett, Etienne, Kelce, and K. Allen, so I’d really like to make the best choices to make sure I don’t get destroyed by a bunch of great players with relatively easy games

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fentry posted:

.5 PPR, Which three of these would you go

Alvin Kamara @ IND
Raheem Mostert vs NE
Saquon Barkley vs NYJ
Breece Hall @ NYG
Jahmyr Gibbs vs LV

Currently have Gibbs and Mostert sitting. I really need to trade at least one of these guys.

Kamara is a fantasy cheat code, and Mostert is probably going to run amok rampant against NE

Monty is probably back, so I’d sit Saquon and Gibbs imo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yahoo just upped his projection by 2 points, but I haven’t seen any news or practice info about Monty yet. My guess is he’ll be back on Sunday, though.

Speaking of RBs, Kamara just got listed as questionable (illness), so hopefully my two heavy hitters are rested up and ready for Sunday

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Are you seeing any info on Monty? He is still listed as a heavy Q on the ESPN app, 0 projected pts. And I have Gibbs starting in my no bench league so sooner I can switch that if so the better.

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Yeah, I'm also curious about this Monty news. Right now I have Rachaad as my RB2 with Foreman, Roschon, and Monty on my bench. Rachaad playing tomorrow means I need to decide by then if I want to stick with him or go with one of the other guys. Monty is easily the pick if he's healthy, but I'm also concerned that if he isn't, I could be stuck with one of the Bears guys while they both steal carries from each other.

https://x.com/E_Woodyard/status/1717576156604514430?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I can’t decide if I want to sit waddle because he seems to be having back issues, but otoh is playing against NE.

if I want to sit him should I do Josh Reynolds because he might get a lot of targets with Monty out and Gibbs looking great but not guaranteed, or should I do Jakobi since the lions secondary is kinda rough and I don’t expect Josh Jacobs to get very far against the lions d