Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Fraudrick Fraudhomes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

t a s t e posted:

Fraudrick Fraudhomes

Fraudrick Fraudvon Fraudhomes II

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Kansas City Chiefs are currently in sole possession of the #1 overall pick.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Honest question, are AI generated images going to create better or worse victory memes than a random hat or logo photoshopped into an existing meme?

"Midjourney: create an image of a pride of lions starting to eat Patrick Mahomes"

Personally, I think worse. The reference to the original picture is too important.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The Lions are fun to watch and it's always a treat to see Mahomes lose. Hell of a way to start the season.

All in on the Lions bandwagon bitch!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hizawk posted:

I am very curious how the NFL announces the officiating message after the game. It wasn't just a one off event, it was the entire game.
Like every other time it happens. Pretend it was well called and move on.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m happy for the Lions and Dan Campbell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://twitter.com/highlightheaven/status/1699951337914446310?s=46

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh my God they won lmfao, I was up way too late the night before last and I crashed before the game ended. What is this reality

This fuckin guy lol

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

My muscle coach

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The 1-0 Detroit Lions are the current top team in the NFL.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Chiefs tanking for Marvin Harrison Jr is a chilling prospect.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

It's making me finally understand the joy y'all would have when Tom couldn't make some side of the road reject work out.

This poo poo was always aggravating.

https://twitter.com/mattcouture5/status/1699782062083838001?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I only watched the first couple drives of the game, but fraud rear end Chiefs, imo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Dan deserves an extra 6 shots of espresso this morning

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That’s all the drops they are allowed for the year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DrunkPanda posted:

I only watched the first couple drives of the game, but fraud rear end Chiefs, imo

The lions won primarily because Toney dropped a ball that he had in his hands in stride which a Detroit player ran back for six.

I did nod off in the second half, though.

e: also hutchinson got away with multiple late hits on Mahomes.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 8, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Nice! posted:

The lions won primarily because Toney dropped a ball that he had in his hands in stride which a Detroit player ran back for six.
https://twitter.com/Stuckey2/status/1699970780489011205

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Mr. Nice! posted:

I did nod off in the second half, though.

e: also hutchinson got away with multiple late hits on Mahomes.

“Hits”

🥴

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bumhead posted:

“Hits”

🥴

Tackling the QB after he throws the ball is supposed to be a penalty. He did it over and over again all night. And it wasn't like Mahomes was in his grasp when he threw. This was taking a few steps, grabbing, and dragging to the ground even though the ball was already gone. If you don't like the terminology, well, take it up with the NFL.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tackling the QB after he throws the ball is supposed to be a penalty. He did it over and over again all night. And it wasn't like Mahomes was in his grasp when he threw. This was taking a few steps, grabbing, and dragging to the ground even though the ball was already gone. If you don't like the terminology, well, take it up with the NFL.
When they start calling the chiefs for false starting on every single play and one of the most egregious holds in NFL history they can absolutely start calling these late hits

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m into my 7th hour of either watching the game or reading takes about the game and you’re literally the only person I’ve seen mention this as an issue. And that includes people on X and Reddit.

If you’re looking for an angle for whatever reason then Kelce and Toney are right there. This is clutching at straws.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

hot take: This is the beginning of Mahomes Wilsonesque decline!

Anyways LIONS BITCH

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bumhead posted:

I’m into my 7th hour of either watching the game or reading takes about the game and you’re literally the only person I’ve seen mention this as an issue. And that includes people on X and Reddit.

If you’re looking for an angle for whatever reason then Kelce and Toney are right there. This is clutching at straws.

I saw one or two. They weren’t gonna injure Mahomes, they were just kinda dragging him down and letting him know it was good he threw when he did. Could they have been penalties? Yeah. But the refs weren’t calling much last night.

No idea how the gently caress Taylor is going to function as a tackle if he can’t line up correctly and wait for the ball to jump.

Chiefs remain terrible at the 3rd and short and the WR room is gonna be getting looked over I’d imagine. Defense looked great, not sure it helps Jones contract arguments, since they only gave up 14.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
might have been nice to have a dominant DT in a must-stop end of game situation

my god lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

This is TroyWilliamson.mp4 levels of “holy poo poo how do you drop that” with the added comedy that it lead to a pick six

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bumhead posted:

I was doing work as I watched the game so I wasn't watching all that closely, but I still saw a really blatant late hit and mentioned it in the GDT.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The announcers even brought it up after an egregious one because Mahomes was complaining to the refs.

The RT stepping early I've seen happen a lot with tackles. Refs will generally give them a step.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

It wasn't really "egregious" as far as late hits go, but you're leaving out that the tackle was also lining up illegally most of the game, which the announcers did repeatedly call out and also referred to the tackle as a slot receiver lol. That isn't normal for refs to just let go.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Mr. Nice! posted:

The announcers even brought it up after an egregious one because Mahomes was complaining to the refs.

The RT stepping early I've seen happen a lot with tackles. Refs will generally give them a step.

Yeah, QBs complain about getting hit all the time, you might remember one tom brady who would complain if an opponent came within a yard of him. You're delusional if you think the what the chiefs RT was doing was typical.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Scipiotik posted:

Yeah, QBs complain about getting hit all the time, you might remember one tom brady who would complain if an opponent came within a yard of him. You're delusional if you think the what the chiefs RT was doing was typical.

Where he was lining up was wrong - I agree. Should have been multiple illegal formations.

The step off right as/slightly before the ball is snapped is common in tackles and generally ignored by officials.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I remember Michael Oher doing this all the time in his rookie year and I thought I was crazy because it looked like he was false starting every play

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Parallelwoody posted:

It wasn't really "egregious" as far as late hits go, but you're leaving out that the tackle was also lining up illegally most of the game, which the announcers did repeatedly call out and also referred to the tackle as a slot receiver lol. That isn't normal for refs to just let go.

I wonder if the refs got a memo not to get in the way of the NFL's big debut. We went a quarter and a half with no penalties at all in the first game of the season, which is when teams are pretty likely to do sloppy stuff that creates penalties typically.

And if you're not going to call me for something I'm going to keep doing it as a player if I think it helps me.

But yeah I think the tackle position is going to be a problem for the Chiefs this year.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

as crazy as it is, i think marvin jones had an even worse game than toney or moore. only difference is his team won because at least amon-ra and laporta could catch. marvin missed some very catchable and very important balls.

also, hutchinson was unreal.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He didn’t have a worse game than Toney there is no way

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

He didn’t have a worse game than Toney there is no way
Yeah he had a bad game, including his first career fumble, but it was not worse than Toney.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

abelwingnut posted:

as crazy as it is, i think marvin jones had an even worse game than toney or moore. only difference is his team won because at least amon-ra and laporta could catch. marvin missed some very catchable and very important balls.

also, hutchinson was unreal.

No way was it worse than Toney. Absolutely not

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Toney was owned so severely he deleted his Twitter account lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Grittybeard posted:

I wonder if the refs got a memo not to get in the way of the NFL's big debut. We went a quarter and a half with no penalties at all in the first game of the season, which is when teams are pretty likely to do sloppy stuff that creates penalties typically.

And if you're not going to call me for something I'm going to keep doing it as a player if I think it helps me.

But yeah I think the tackle position is going to be a problem for the Chiefs this year.

They straight up said you can predict run or pass by how he is lining up and good luck to that dude now.