Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

hemale in pain posted:

only hot pockets for me

wop sushi

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Overdog posted:

You can get sushi on food stamps because it's not hot food, but they won't let you microwave it.

You could stay in the grocery store and put the sushi in the ready to go rotisserie chicken heater. There's no law against it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Beef, chicken, or pork is almost always better than fish

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

You could stay in the grocery store and put the sushi in the ready to go rotisserie chicken heater. There's no law against it

You can drink your white claw while it warms

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AARD VARKMAN posted:

If you aren't going to Costco in your jammies to warm up sushi in the rotisserie then are you even American?

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Yeah but they frown upon it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Beef, chicken, or pork is almost always better than fish

dig UP dumbass

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What's your stance on the further, smug?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

big "they can't bust you for drinking mouthwash :smug:" energy

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

actually sushi owns. sorry about ur tastebuds

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

salmon sushi is absolutely my favorite i love salmon sushi 😍

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

yellowfin toro :cool:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sugar free jazz posted:

salmon sushi is absolutely my favorite i love salmon sushi 😍

raw salmon is better than cooked salmon

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sushi is good but it's a powerful combination of unfamiliar flavours for western palates and i dont begrudge anyone for not liking it :)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Otoro is God-tier. Everything else is pretty meh.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I watched a "barstool sports" video where people tried weird foods and it was a few minutes of some grown adults sampling a bunch of totally benign food items, groaning, making noises, spitting food out, adn most of all being super ignorant about food itself, not knowing really basic stuff about where it comes from or what things are made of. This thread reminds me of that video

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

sushi is good but it's a powerful combination of unfamiliar flavours for western palates and i dont begrudge anyone for not liking it :)

the midwestern palate is a heinous thing

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Haverchuck posted:

I watched a "barstool sports" video where people tried weird foods and it was a few minutes of some grown adults sampling a bunch of totally benign food items, groaning, making noises, spitting food out, adn most of all being super ignorant about food itself, not knowing really basic stuff about where it comes from or what things are made of. This thread reminds me of that video

makes sense considering barstool sports is run by and designed for the dumbest bros on the planet

MrQwerty posted:

the midwestern palate is a heinous thing

it really is

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

not liking rice is unforgivable tho

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sushi is just something you do when trying to close the Big Japanese Deal.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

It is well known that when humans began to cook food, our brains got bigger. We're evolved to eat cooked meat. It tastes better and it's better for you. It stands to reason when you eat sushi containing uncooked meat, your brain gets smaller. (The tempura stuff is just ok at best, regardless.)

isnt most or all sushi cooked. Shasimi is the raw one. I am fairly sure everything I buy at the grocery store sushi shop is cooked.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I actually just made a big rear end pot of white rice yesterday because I was hankering for a simple comfort food of yore: just white rice with butter and a little salt. poo poo sated the hell out of my soul, even :cloudnine:

Gonna make rice pudding with the leftovers!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

isnt most or all sushi cooked. Shasimi is the raw one. I am fairly sure everything I buy at the grocery store sushi shop is cooked.

how are u unable to distinguish raw vs cooked fish lmbo

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

I actually just made a big rear end pot of white rice yesterday because I was hankering for a simple comfort food of yore: just white rice with butter and a little salt. poo poo sated the hell out of my soul, even :cloudnine:

Gonna make rice pudding with the leftovers!

In my late teens I'd make sushi rice, cheese and fried eggs with salsa. Diarrhea every time

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Chinatown posted:

raw salmon is better than cooked salmon

the best kind of salmon is smoked salmon. served with a piece of lemon

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

more like POOshi

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hammerite posted:

the best kind of salmon is smoked salmon. served with a piece of lemon

yea lox is extremely good as well

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

how are u unable to distinguish raw vs cooked fish lmbo

all fish taste like poo poo unless it is deep fried and put in a taco

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I love escolar or white tuna as many strip mall sushi places call it. It's rich buttery and cheap but like 1/10 people are genetically predisposed to getting the shits from it. Its like the olestra of sushi

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

I love escolar or white tuna as many strip mall sushi places call it. It's rich buttery and cheap but like 1/10 people are genetically predisposed to getting the shits from it. Its like the olestra of sushi

:lol:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

all fish taste like poo poo unless it is deep fried and put in a taco

yeah fish tacos own. they're too spicy for smugworth though. :sigh:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

yeah fish tacos own. they're too spicy for smugworth though. :sigh:

sucks for them, more fish tacos for us

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Haverchuck posted:

One time I tried some escolar we were serving at a restaurant before I knew what it was

And I got the shits and googled the fish and welp

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Sushi owns, but most of the best fish are horrifically endangered so RIP that I guess.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
$20 for five mouthfuls of rice, each mouthful having 40 atoms of either egg or fish.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
You have 12 hours to live. Well, 11 now. Sorry I kept you waiting so long

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

You have 12 hours to live. Well, 11 now. Sorry I kept you waiting so long

I certainly wouldn't eat Sushi.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

if i want something rich buttery and cheap i'll just reach for UH I DUNNO a stick of butter maybe?!?!!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

as someone who has yet to encounter a type of sushi she actually dislikes, this all just sounds like more for me, thanks very much :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What if someone used bread and cheese and burgers and burger fixins and made a cheeseburger roll, I bet that would be pretty tasty