Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Sushi is p good when you find a place that will sell you a ton of it for cheap, but not so cheap that I end up on the bathroom floor in the dead Yamcha pose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Salmon, tuna and eel then it's a steep drop to mackerel and the other gutter fish

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I hope all you non-sushi enjoys have a pleasant meal of dinosaur nuggies and milk for dinner.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

We're going to a Friendsgiving party this evening for dinner and I'm bringing mac and cheese :yum:

No I don't know why it's two months early, but I didn't see anyone sign up to bring sushi :yum::yum:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think it's ok , op

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

We're going to a Friendsgiving party this evening for dinner and I'm bringing mac and cheese :yum:

No I don't know why it's two months early, but I didn't see anyone sign up to bring sushi :yum::yum:

flailing around trying to cope

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Eel is best

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I spent a week with this Sushi chef and every day we'd go down to the harbor and he'd buy fish and then make sushi. It was great!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Eel definitely top-tier

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

I spent a week with this Sushi chef and every day we'd go down to the harbor and he'd buy fish and then make sushi. It was great!

Did any of it taste better than, say, a hot and juicy Wendy's Baconator?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Probably all of the sushi, made with fresh ingredients, tasted better than processed fast food junk, yes, OP.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Hard to say. I'd eat like 50 pieces of sushi every day.

If I could eat a similar sized amount of Baconators, maybe I could judge.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Smugworth posted:

Hello.

Sushi enjoyer here.

Sushi is probably not a good idea for a Friendsgiving or other potluck event. It needs to be served chilled and the premium price of ingredients involved make it impractical for such a large gathering. Please enjoy sushi when you want to take some time to really take in and appreciate you dining experience, rather than pile on a few pieces next to a mountain of hot baked ziti and mashed potatoes.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 9, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Baconators taste like loving salt, OP

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sushi is good asf

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The key to sushi, if you are not making your own, is to find a decent sushi joint in your area.
I lived in the Silicon Valley area for years and went to dozens of sushi restaurants. A bad sushi place is garbage; I call it "cardboard sushi", but when you find a quality place it can be exquisite.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

You Are A Elf posted:

I actually just bought a loaf of wonderbread yesterday because I was hankering for a simple comfort food of yore: just bread with butter and a little salt. poo poo sated the hell out of my soul, even :cloudnine:

Gonna make bread pudding with the leftovers!

this is what eating straight rice sounds like to me

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There's a banging rear end sushi place like a 3 min drive from my house, I love going there, taking a huge weed vape hit in the parking lot, then going in and ordering the big rear end Sapporo cans that feel like u can shatter someone's skull with them, they always come out ice cold with condensation sliding down them. i order a ton of sushi, usually trying new stuff on the chef's menu, and it's just the most ownage poo poo on earth. Just tastes good as hell man.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

Hard to say. I'd eat like 50 pieces of sushi every day.

If I could eat a similar sized amount of Baconators, maybe I could judge.

You have to eat so much sushi because there's barely any meat, one double Baconator with two quarter pound all beef fresh never frozen (unlike sushi fish) patties (square because they don't cut corners!) always leaves me satisfied. Well, maybe with some French fries.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

You have to eat so much sushi because there's barely any meat, one double Baconator with two quarter pound all beef fresh never frozen (unlike sushi fish) patties (square because they don't cut corners!) always leaves me satisfied. Well, maybe with some French fries.

Is this Baconator personally prepared by an expert Baconator Chef??

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This is such an embarrassing trainwreck lmbo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

There's a banging rear end sushi place like a 3 min drive from my house, I love going there, taking a huge weed vape hit in the parking lot, then going in and ordering the big rear end Sapporo cans that feel like u can shatter someone's skull with them, they always come out ice cold with condensation sliding down them. i order a ton of sushi, usually trying new stuff on the chef's menu, and it's just the most ownage poo poo on earth. Just tastes good as hell man.

That's so awesome. It's like 30 minutes for me to go anywhere, and it's certainly not sushi.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

classic smugworth thread

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Sushi is just basically small clumps of rice and even tinier clumps of whatever else you want as filler.

So if its so good why isn't it being sold in McDonalds.

Checkmate.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Sushi is just basically small clumps of rice and even tinier clumps of whatever else you want as filler.

So if its so good why isn't it being sold in McDonalds.

Checkmate.

It does make you wonder, doesn't it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

have you never read a GBS thread before?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

They sell Lobster Rolls seasonally at local McDonalds. McLobster Rolls I assume.

a bat
Jan 9, 2020

I'm a very big fan of sushi rice's sweet + vinegar flavor profile. I'm not a very adventurous eater, so I'm speaking in an uninformed way, but I feel like sushi rice would combine with almost any protein really well.

Do any of you like gimbap? It's very tasty, but I can't ever imagine taking the trouble to make it in the home!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s actually delicious op no one gives a poo poo about your bio truths argument

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

They sell Lobster Rolls seasonally at local McDonalds. McLobster Rolls I assume.

must be a high northern thing. never seen it in Philly or the Jersey shore or in Virginia

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

must be a high northern thing. never seen it in Philly or the Jersey shore or in Virginia

Maine only I assume

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I got spam musubi from a mcdonalds in Oahu when I was a kid

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I like sashimi w soy sauce and wasabi.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

git apologist posted:

it’s actually delicious op no one gives a poo poo about your bio truths argument

I'm sorry you can't appreciate my logical argument against eating sushi. Shouldn't be a surprise though from someone whose brain is likely already dangerously shrunken from eating too much raw fish.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Maine only I assume

that tracks

a bat
Jan 9, 2020

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Salmon, tuna and eel then it's a steep drop to mackerel and the other gutter fish

You're sure you don't like mackerel? I always felt it tasted like tuna, but significantly moreso.

I would understand not enjoying it by itself, but I think it works well as the strongest-tasting component of a meal that contains something else sweet, mild, or very savory, and I've always wanted to try it breaded-and-fried!

For that matter, have any of you tried just the combination of avocado and soy sauce? I saw a Korean chef substitute this for fatty tuna once on TV, and it's not something I ever thought of trying, but I'd like to!

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Shrunken brains from basically poison raw fish plus wet brain wernicke-korsakoff - I have a doozy combo that explains all my posts

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Sushi's fine but best food on the continent is chicken vindaloo paired with some spinach naan.
Best food in the world, possibly.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
so when is arbys going to have sushi offerings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bat
Jan 9, 2020

Das Boo posted:

Sushi's fine but best food on the continent is chicken vindaloo paired with some spinach naan.
Best food in the world, possibly.

This is such a good opinion! Have you tried achari chicken, though? There's a range of similar dishes that go much harder into "sour" than into "hot" in my experience, and I really think they're delicious.