Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It is well known that when humans began to cook food, our brains got bigger. We're evolved to eat cooked meat. It tastes better and it's better for you. It stands to reason when you eat sushi containing uncooked meat, your brain gets smaller. (The tempura stuff is just ok at best, regardless.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

While I acknowledge that rice is a staple food critical to the development of many cultures, plain white rice is stinky doodoo akin to eating to eating little rubbery balls of semi dry glue, and most rice is in fact only tolerable based on the seasonings added to it.

Maybe they should make the rolls with fried rice, or even better, french fries? Potato is the far superior staple carb.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

OP is a literal manchild lmao.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Das Boo posted:

What does seaweed taste like for people who like it? I can only taste low tide. :(

That's what it's supposed to taste like

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Beef, chicken, or pork is almost always better than fish

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Haverchuck posted:

I love escolar or white tuna as many strip mall sushi places call it. It's rich buttery and cheap but like 1/10 people are genetically predisposed to getting the shits from it. Its like the olestra of sushi

One time I tried some escolar we were serving at a restaurant before I knew what it was

And I got the shits and googled the fish and welp

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What if someone used bread and cheese and burgers and burger fixins and made a cheeseburger roll, I bet that would be pretty tasty

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

We're going to a Friendsgiving party this evening for dinner and I'm bringing mac and cheese :yum:

No I don't know why it's two months early, but I didn't see anyone sign up to bring sushi :yum::yum:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

I spent a week with this Sushi chef and every day we'd go down to the harbor and he'd buy fish and then make sushi. It was great!

Did any of it taste better than, say, a hot and juicy Wendy's Baconator?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

Hard to say. I'd eat like 50 pieces of sushi every day.

If I could eat a similar sized amount of Baconators, maybe I could judge.

You have to eat so much sushi because there's barely any meat, one double Baconator with two quarter pound all beef fresh never frozen (unlike sushi fish) patties (square because they don't cut corners!) always leaves me satisfied. Well, maybe with some French fries.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Sushi is just basically small clumps of rice and even tinier clumps of whatever else you want as filler.

So if its so good why isn't it being sold in McDonalds.

Checkmate.

It does make you wonder, doesn't it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

git apologist posted:

it’s actually delicious op no one gives a poo poo about your bio truths argument

I'm sorry you can't appreciate my logical argument against eating sushi. Shouldn't be a surprise though from someone whose brain is likely already dangerously shrunken from eating too much raw fish.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Legin Noslen posted:

Only prejudiced people dislike sushi, why do you hate Japanese people and Japanese culture?

Anime

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I just remembered that when we used to break down tuna steaks for dinner service, someone would mince the scraps and pass a bowl of em around with soy sauce and sesame oil mixed in or something and that was great and novel during a kitchen shift.

But sushi is still not nearly as good as everyone pretends it is

Like we'd do the same with scraps from breaking down PSMO tenderloin packa into filets and just a little salt on a piece of raw beef was good, but give me a goddamn steak please, my brain needs cooked meat

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

he inveighed to make the costco thread be weenies about kimchi

Kimchi rules
If they put Jongga in a roll it would probably greatly improve it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's 12pm in Japan. As I lay my little head down on my pillow to sleep, I invite our friends to the east to tell us why the western fascination with sushi is absurd. Goodnight GBS

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dandywalken posted:

kimchi is king

yup

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah I shouldn't have said Vegas was the one exception, it's just the one exception I've encountered. I'm sure cities like Phoenix, Denver, and Austin (not in a landlocked state, but might as well be) have good stuff. But yeah, it comes with a premium.

Plus, if the stuff Phoenix is getting is better than the stuff that LA is getting from the California coast, a place in LA always has the option to just go for that instead. Options are never a bad thing.

Speaking of Austin, I lived there during my 20s. I guess if I'd have ever gone to the world-famous Uchi and spent a mortgage payment on a sushi dinner that amounted to a Baconator and biggie fry's amount of food I might feel different.

But alas, I was never wealthy enough for such an opulent experience. Instead, my buddies and I went to some trashy Chinese buffet on Riverside inhabiting an old movie theater. Only one of us was brave enough to reach for the mystery sushi rolls, which turned out to be cooked ham rolls. :yum:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

we get it. you really love wendys

This thread is about sushi, not wendys

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I heard somewhere, and someone can tell me if this is wrong, that originally the rice for nigiri sushi was to hold and display the fish atop it, and got discarded rather than eaten.

Certainly seems like an improvement, to say the least

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It helps cover up the taste of the seaweed

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BigBadSteve posted:

Raw fish :lol::lol:

Nice meal (for a walrus at a Seaworld).

☝️☝️☝️

Stink Billyums posted:

japan puts mayo on everything, not ketchup

The Baconator comes with mayo. Not sure if you can ask for Kewpie, but it's worth a shot.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

verbal enema posted:

Do you ever get a triple baconator

Too much meat imo, but this thread is really about sushi not wendys

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Now that we determined that sushi is "pretty mid" as the kids say, I guess this thread can be about Wendy's

I like the double Baconator just the way it comes. It's perfect.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sometimes I get the special promo burger that's like some combo of pretzel bun, ranch, ghost pepper, onion strings, jalapeno, ghost pepper cheese, what have you, but I always end up wishing I'd just got the drat Baconator.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the mayonnaise is for the creaminess! The CREAMINESS!!!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

threads finally reached its inevitable destination as was obvious from the very first post: mayonnaise discourse

Mfers were acting like they don't mix the baby mayo with the soy sauce when they get their sushi just to get some flavor on them lame rolla

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

i just read the OP again and now i have advanced brain disease lol

Probably shrunken brain syndrome from eating too much raw fish

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

Also we don't have Wendy's here but we recently had Carl's Jr pop up and it seems pretty mid, so I'm gonna assume Wendy's is that but square patties (I think they're the ones who do that).

I like your posting syntaxfunction but I'm reporting this one for trolling

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm not trolling tho :( I checked and Wendy's has square patties so I'm guessing it's cause I said Carl's Jr was mid and I dunno if it's a thing lost in translation or something but it wasn't especially impressive when I had it. It was kinda like Hungry Jacks (which is its own mess of history) but a bit different.

Comparing Wendy's to Carl's Jr

I'm told that your permaban has been queued, farewell sf

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jelly posted:

Agree with your BK assesssment but my local Wendy's fries are perfect like 90% of the time and McDonald's fries are perfect like 25% of the time. Also, I can get an entire meal for $5 or $6 at Wendy's and McDonald's think their piece of poo poo basic-rear end 2 oz hamburgers are worth over $2 now.

After their approximate 200% price hike on pretty much everything on their menu and completely eliminating every single deal they have in their app except for the BOGO, which they castrated by removing the Filet O'Fish, McDonald's is unequivocally the shittiest fast food place in the northwest and it's not even close. The appeal for their poo poo food was the cost and now that they're more expensive than every other place out there you have to wonder why, when every other place out there has much better food. Like I can literally go to a local mom and pop hamburger joint and get real-rear end food, for the same loving price.

gently caress you, McDonalds.

Based-rear end post

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

In and out fries are garbage tier
they cover them shits in cheese and thousand Island to trick you into eating them but don't fall for that fail rear end trash food, get yourself some hot and crispy Wendy's fries. If they aren't hot and crispy, they'll give you a new order, no questions asked. The dumbass at the in and out counter will just drool and pump more salad dressing on top of them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

Lol it's called Wendy's not Karen's you herb

Actually it's Dave's Guaranteed Hot and Fresh Fries. No questions asked, if they aren't hot and fresh, Wendy's will replace them.

Try that at in and out and see whAt happens you lunkhead.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

My favorite sandwich for this isn't available at wendys:

Toasted Cheese

Two slices of cheese melted between a toasted bun and loaded mayo, lettuce, and tomato. May be ordered with bacon.

You wouldn't expect it but the lettuce, tomato, mayo on a grilled cheese is insaaaaaaanely good and I never do grilled cheese without it anymore

Having your own Fear & Loathing trip in Las Vegas I see

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

imo between this and the drunken confession to larceny, I say we elect AARD VARKMAN the Mayor of GBS

He'll make him the admin patron of GBS
How bad could he be

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

why would you do this to such an ok poster?

Because he's clearly on the edge of total mental breakdown and just needs a little nudge into what I'd call "Literally A Person syndrome" :evilbuddy:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

Baked Potato with Large Frosty

Yeah, dipping your baked potato in your Frosty is a pro move

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Might get Wendy’s for lunch today