Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
OP is a literal manchild lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Poke bowls are also delicious. Deconstructed sushi essentially. Delish.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Beef, chicken, or pork is almost always better than fish

dig UP dumbass

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sugar free jazz posted:

salmon sushi is absolutely my favorite i love salmon sushi 😍

raw salmon is better than cooked salmon

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Haverchuck posted:

I watched a "barstool sports" video where people tried weird foods and it was a few minutes of some grown adults sampling a bunch of totally benign food items, groaning, making noises, spitting food out, adn most of all being super ignorant about food itself, not knowing really basic stuff about where it comes from or what things are made of. This thread reminds me of that video

makes sense considering barstool sports is run by and designed for the dumbest bros on the planet

MrQwerty posted:

the midwestern palate is a heinous thing

it really is

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

isnt most or all sushi cooked. Shasimi is the raw one. I am fairly sure everything I buy at the grocery store sushi shop is cooked.

how are u unable to distinguish raw vs cooked fish lmbo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hammerite posted:

the best kind of salmon is smoked salmon. served with a piece of lemon

yea lox is extremely good as well

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

all fish taste like poo poo unless it is deep fried and put in a taco

yeah fish tacos own. they're too spicy for smugworth though. :sigh:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

We're going to a Friendsgiving party this evening for dinner and I'm bringing mac and cheese :yum:

No I don't know why it's two months early, but I didn't see anyone sign up to bring sushi :yum::yum:

flailing around trying to cope

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Did any of it taste better than, say, a hot and juicy Wendy's Baconator?

Probably all of the sushi, made with fresh ingredients, tasted better than processed fast food junk, yes, OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This is such an embarrassing trainwreck lmbo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Seaweed is delish u dweebs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

Yeah this is exactly what I mean. Originally sushi was just a way for poor fishermen to preserve their food. There were no fancy ingredients, just a cut of fish with fermented rice maybe tied together with some seaweed or whatever. That stuff is good but then when you get into all these contemporary rolls where there's one named after every major city and they mix in a bunch of weird ingredients just to separate themselves from the "poor people" version of sushi and it turns into a big mess. Just give me some fish and rice and a sauce.

If you think sushi rolls with all sorts of mayo and crap on it is "fancy" sushi then lmao I dont know what to tell you. The most expensive sushi Ive ever eaten (~$200/person) was mostly nigiri and a few other dishes. Every town in america has a sushi joint that has an "Orgasm Roll" with chipotle mayo and panko crumbs piled on top.

Smugworth posted:

I just remembered that when we used to break down tuna steaks for dinner service, someone would mince the scraps and pass a bowl of em around with soy sauce and sesame oil mixed in or something and that was great and novel during a kitchen shift.

But sushi is still not nearly as good as everyone pretends it is

Like we'd do the same with scraps from breaking down PSMO tenderloin packa into filets and just a little salt on a piece of raw beef was good, but give me a goddamn steak please, my brain needs cooked meat

Brain damage word salad + copium.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've always heard the exact opposite because the fish you get in landlocked states is flash-frozen immediately after being caught and shipped quickly, while the fish you get in coastal states sits on market shelves for hours with a bunch of dead things. Of course it's much more expensive and harder to find the further inland you go. It usually doesn't come from the coasts either.

I get pretty good fish in Arizona either way. I don't know about other seafood because sea bugs (shrimp and crabs and lobster) are gross there I said it

only a retard zonie would believe horseshit like this lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i just read the OP again and now i have advanced brain disease lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
In-N-Out is delicious fast food OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Whataburger is trash for reals though. Reminded me of Burger King.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Go to the White Castle on the strip OP.

Blow it outta your rear end in a top hat at high velocity 12 hours later!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

that sounds good but I think I oughta spend my company's money more frivolously than that

Piero's for old school italian. Or Javiers for fancy mexican.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Thinking to go to the buffet at Caesar's

I'd rather pay for actually good food.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Fries in a burrito along with meat, cheese, and guac/crema is where its at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Devils Affricate posted:

Fries are for the car ride home

People who burg in the car are monsters

Fishing out the mcdonalds fries and eating themwhile driving home yes crucial yes.

:69snypa: