Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
My wife has been buying some absolutely delicious teas from Davidson's organics lately and we've been drinking them a lot. We also have a zojirushi water boiler so it's super easy to make tea, oatmeal, instant ramen etc. But the teas! Tea is really good. Have it for breakfast, have it for lunch, have it at teatime, have a nice herbal before bed.

this morning was a an earl grey blend with vanilla, smells absolutely wonderful.

at work I have some tetley's teabags. it's mostly flavorless but it gives me something to drink and the foil packets are useful I guess.

post your favorite teas itt. tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
drink hojicha, op, it’s good

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
as far as tea oddities go, i like lapsang souchong, which i guess is to be expected since i like things that taste smokey in general. a nice cup on a winter afternoon is good. i've also used it to flavor food; notably as part of a gravlax recipe which made a kind of smoked salmon / gravlax hybrid that was pretty nice

other than that i like japanese green teas in general when i want something light. my go to for that is kamairicha which isn't exactly typical of that family and has pretty much zero bitterness to it, with some mild roasted nuts flavors

i don't drink all that much tea anymore though. it's mostly coffee now so i can get the caffeine i need to survive yet another day of this miserable existence. though oddly enough i never really got into coffee nearly as much as tea; i'm pretty snobbish for the latter but will drink any caffeinated black sludge without complaining

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I've been meaning to get a brick of pu ehr for a while but I'm not out of the single serving pucks yet

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I drink earl gray at work, op. it’s pretty good

will I get banned if I admit to drinking c*ffee itt?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think Ive finally accepted that tea is superior to coffee

if I never have another coffee again I think I’ll be ok. tea supremacy

actually soda water supremacy [spoiler]actually expired energy drink supremacy[/spoiler]

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
TIL u can’t nest spoilers thjs is bullshit

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
its much harder to gently caress tea up to the point of being undrinkable, than it is to do the same with coffee

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

idk it gets pretty undrinkable if you don't take the tea ball out soon enough

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

as far as tea oddities go, i like lapsang souchong, which i guess is to be expected since i like things that taste smokey in general. a nice cup on a winter afternoon is good. i've also used it to flavor food; notably as part of a gravlax recipe which made a kind of smoked salmon / gravlax hybrid that was pretty nice

other than that i like japanese green teas in general when i want something light. my go to for that is kamairicha which isn't exactly typical of that family and has pretty much zero bitterness to it, with some mild roasted nuts flavors

i don't drink all that much tea anymore though. it's mostly coffee now so i can get the caffeine i need to survive yet another day of this miserable existence. though oddly enough i never really got into coffee nearly as much as tea; i'm pretty snobbish for the latter but will drink any caffeinated black sludge without complaining

lapsang souchong is commonly available in china but its very rarely smoked here. i think they mostly export the smoked kind

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
smoke lapsang souchong every day

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

smoke lapsang souchong every day

why? you got a buyer?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
not quite, it’s a play on the phrase “smoke weed every day” that’s at the end of the next episode off dr dre’s album 2001

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
tea is also good iced. not that awful syrupy stuff they serve in the bad states, just normal tea that’s served cold. green, black, it’s all delicious

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.theonion.com/fancy-man-enjoys-tea-1819569438

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Soricidus posted:

tea is also good iced. not that awful syrupy stuff they serve in the bad states, just normal tea that’s served cold. green, black, it’s all delicious

I used to make cold brew tea all the time. cheap tea, 24 hours and it's good

the water heater is too convenient though

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

genmaicha is my go to when i'm not in a coffee mood though i have some coffee infused cherry tea i'm currently enjoying.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I like green tea, and turmeric ginger herbal tea. I usually buy rishi brand tea from the grocery store. pretty good tea to me.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk

if it’s not tea from the tea plant it’s just leaf water

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Midjack posted:

genmaicha is my go to when i'm not in a coffee mood though i have some coffee infused cherry tea i'm currently enjoying.

yea genmaicha is in a sweet spot of being decent enough, cheap, & not too hard to come across for me

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

idk it gets pretty undrinkable if you don't take the tea ball out soon enough

I usually just leave it or bags in to get super over steeped as the bitterness is pleasurable, to me,

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Hammerite posted:

its much harder to gently caress tea up to the point of being undrinkable, than it is to do the same with coffee

bad tea will make me puke for some reason wheras bad coffee can become drinkable with some milk or sugar

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

OldAlias posted:

I usually just leave it or bags in to get super over steeped as the bitterness is pleasurable, to me,

I like bitter, it's astringent I can't deal with

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Silver Alicorn posted:

post your favorite teas itt. tea.

here u go OP

rotor fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 10, 2023

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i like oolong and jasmine pearls a lot.

i have an oolong that i can get like, 7 cups out of resteeping. very economical 8)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
yeah that was one of the two things i learned about Good Tea - if you get good tea you can use the leaves 4 or 5 times and the flavor peaks on the 2nd or 3rd

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

just refilled the water heater & waiting for it to come up to temp so I can make some tea

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i like black tea and kombucha

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

lapsang souchong

cheaper to just boil hot dogs and drink that

rotor posted:

yeah that was one of the two things i learned about Good Tea - if you get good tea you can use the leaves 4 or 5 times and the flavor peaks on the 2nd or 3rd

im sure you know this but this is highly tea dependent. plenty of good teas are single use only

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I drink tea with plenty of milk. when other people ask how I have it and I say very milky they still just put in like 3cc of milk. I’d say I’d aim for about 2/5 milk by volume

I want to be able to drink my drink not sip away at it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

got some spiced raspberry black tea steeping

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i drink the nastiest loving earl gray lipton that i steep for 15 minutes

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

goblin week posted:

:chloe:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

goblin week posted:

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i am one of those people that usually steeps my tea way too long tho

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
tea is good and tasty, even """tea""" brewed from leaf of non-tea plants, like kava and guayusa. mint is overused though, I'll take a pass on that gross-rear end menthol tea

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i like mint tea at night but there is varying quality for sure

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post hole digger posted:

i am one of those people that usually steeps my tea way too long tho

i forgot that i made tea, and have to drink it cold

its only really bad when its green tea because that poo poo gets too bitter if you let it steep too long

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
thanks to tea, I don’t need to post in the tired thread anymore :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

it's mouth twisting bitter and then i add some sugar to make it good, literally leaves plaque in my mouth. best way to drink tea