Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

anyone drink any tea today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

some aged puer on right now

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

im drinking herbal tea :)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
right on

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
having a tea

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it was a basket-aged puerh day today and i freakin love puerh

the basket-aged stuff is better than any of the others i've had. i like it when my tea tastes like the earth

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

tea update: still herbal

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

it was a basket-aged puerh day today and i freakin love puerh

the basket-aged stuff is better than any of the others i've had. i like it when my tea tastes like the earth

hell yeah. Ill have to ask about basket-aged.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Might make some t

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I like oolong and gunpowder tea, etc. black teas and medium black teas. Green tea tastes too much like lawn mower for me

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

one of my things with tea is I’m really bad at timing when it will be ready, so I tend to just leave the teaball in the cup. green tea gets astringent really quickly, black and oolong less so, but puer stays smooth no matter how long I steep it. I like puer

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I brew the tea in a pot or kettle on the stove and then put it into a ceramic teapot through a drink strainer to store it for serving. Keeps it warm and doesn't over extract it..works4me

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

hell yeah. Ill have to ask about basket-aged.

i know you love vital tea leaf and all, but imo they're better for greens and oolongs and such. i just ordered a basket of [this](https://yunnansourcing.us/products/2001-basket-aged-ripe-pu-erh-tea-from-yi-wu?_pos=1&_sid=8ba17c9ae&_ss=r&variant=42984069038313) and i must say i recommend it

i will say that i don't love prying puerh apart, so the fact that it's loose is a plus for me. not an overriding one (it also is really really good, better than cake puerh i've had) but if you love to stab tea maybe it's not your speed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i make a pot of puerh, i do the first steep for 2-3 minutes, the second for 5-7, and the third for like 15+. after that i might go for more, but usually the leaves are done by then

i basically use those times for everything actually, not just puerh. maybe a little less on oolongs. i dont really drink green tea very often

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

i know you love vital tea leaf and all, but imo they're better for greens and oolongs and such. i just ordered a basket of [this](https://yunnansourcing.us/products/2001-basket-aged-ripe-pu-erh-tea-from-yi-wu?_pos=1&_sid=8ba17c9ae&_ss=r&variant=42984069038313) and i must say i recommend it

i will say that i don't love prying puerh apart, so the fact that it's loose is a plus for me. not an overriding one (it also is really really good, better than cake puerh i've had) but if you love to stab tea maybe it's not your speed

i mostly like vital tea leaf cause i like sitting around for an hour shooting the poo poo with the manager

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

had some wintergreen herbal tea tonight. good stuff

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

i mostly like vital tea leaf cause i like sitting around for an hour shooting the poo poo with the manager

:yeah:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://x.com/USAinUK/status/1750136728034169147

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol hell yeah

having a strong pot of 2001 basket aged puerh now. i got my basket of it in the mail, but haven't opened it yet. that's a whole lot of tea.

i also ordered some hairy crab tea that i am excited to try (ive never had mao xie), some more king of duck poo poo, and a couple other varieties of duck poo poo

tea owns. i still need to try da hong pao, gaoshan, and jin xuan

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i got that order. hairy crab is good, a bit more mild than i prefer i think. im currently drinking some winter snowflake duck poo poo aroma.

i have enough tea for a very long time.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

anyone drink any tea today?

drinking some kashmiri kahwa rn :cheers:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

honestly, I refuse to believe "duck poo poo" is some kind of tea. yall are pulling my leg

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

honestly, I refuse to believe "duck poo poo" is some kind of tea. yall are pulling my leg

https://vitaltealeaf.net/collections/oolong-teas/products/duck-poo poo-aroma-oolong

quote:

Duck poo poo Aroma Oolong or also know as (Ya Shi Xiang) is a recently popular Mainland Chinese green oolong with a simple yet complex flavor with a provocative name.

An off shoot of the popular Dan Cong Phoenix varietal of Guangdong, this tea was named for its creator dodging all questions about his production secrets with a dismissive explanation of "Duck poo poo!" The Unique soil conditions to the area were seen as yellowish and murky brown. Thus, this gave reason for it's producers to mislead outsiders to believe that Duck poo poo were used in the production of this tea.

At first sip, one would compare this to Iron Goddess King or a Tie Guan Yin with it's pronounced floral notes. As one continues to discover this tea, undertones of sweet fruity notes that resemble papaya start to arise. Being that it is a Dan Cong variety, it's slightly sweet floral is clashing nicely together with the sweet fruity notes of Iron Goddess.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

tl;dr: marketing

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

thanks rotor (throtor)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

quote:

this tea was named for its creator dodging all questions about his production secrets with a dismissive explanation of "Duck poo poo!"

i'm gonna try to use this at work