Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm a big fan of chinese teas. puerh and oolong are my jams. i had a really nice roasted tie guan yin that i'll be ordering more of. i'm working my way through a packet of loose puerh right now. it's fine i guess, a bit milder than i prefer. but it's nice not having to break it out of a cake.

any of y'all tried duck poo poo aroma tea? i'm relatively certain it's a dumb marketing gimmick but the name is funny so i'm curious

for the curious, the tea is supposedly good and people asked the dude who makes it his secret, and he's like "duck poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

aw thanks! ngl yours is way cooler. but i forgot my awesome teapot and cups that i never use cause i don't wanna break or dirty it that will inevitably break in an earthquake:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol yup you got it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

drinkin that duck poo poo tea, its good yall

hell yeah ima get some when i run out of puerh and oolong. got a varietal/source to recommend? im gonna be making an order from yunnan sourcing (dot us) pretty soon

the puerh ive been drinking is a loose leaf instead of cake, which owns, but it's also very mild which doesn't own so much. it's Fine but not as good as eg "1999 basket aged loose leaf ripe puerh tea from menghai"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah it's a type of oolong but there are a few different sub variations you can get or w/e. prob doesn't matter too much.

last time i checked vital tea leaf their selection online was very disappointing - i'll give em another look before i make this order. thanks!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just made an order:

• 2018 Mojun Fu Cha "1368" Fu Brick Tea - 1 Brick (200 Grams) - this was free from one of their discount codes
  • Charcoal Roasted Gan De Village Tie Guan Yin Oolong Tea of Anxi - 50 grams / Spring 2023 x 1
  • 2001 Basket Aged Ripe Pu-erh Tea from Yi Wu - 50 Grams x 1
  • 1999 Basket Aged Loose Leaf Ripe Pu-erh Tea from Menghai - 25 Grams x 2
  • Classical Duck poo poo Dan Cong Oolong Tea - 50 Grams / Spring 2023 x 1
  • "King of Duck poo poo Aroma" Dan Cong Oolong Tea - 25 Grams / Spring 2023 x 1
  • Light Roast Premium "AA" Tie Guan Yin Anxi Oolong Tea - 50 Grams / Spring 2023 x 2

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well what'd you get?

my order came in but i'm still finishing off some fine-but-nothing-special tie guan yin

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

looking at some 33 year old pu ehr

hell yeah

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

yerba mate, cacao nibs w/ peppermint, and some generic puer

I still really want to get a puer brick. not sure why I haven't pulled the trigger yet

making it easy for your yosmas santa i see, i like your style

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

thats a nice tea set. i gotta get something like that that'll keep a pot warm in my office so i dont need to bounce between here and the kitchen so many times

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i never knew tea lights were for..that. it all makes sense now. i take it you go through a candle a day?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

timg more like tea img

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

to celebrate friday i opened up my packet of, and I quote, "King of Duck poo poo Aroma"

it's pretty good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

drinking a nice basket-aged puerh this morning. it's so good.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mondays are poo poo, so im drinkin that duck poo poo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i had some tie guan yin this morning

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i want tea i can drink at night. even white teas can have a significant amount of caffeine, which i guess leaves either decaffeinated or teas that aren't tea

anyone know of good decaf? i'd prefer loose chinese stuff but i guess it's not vital. i'm also open to non-tea teas, but i'll admit being skeptical. i have ginger tea and it's better than nothing but it'd be cool to have more tea-ish tea for nighttime

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my general stance is that rooibos is fine _i guess_ but i remember it just being a wholly different thing. same with chamomile etc. i've never had an herbal tea that i liked a lot

great call on the chai, though - no big deal if the tea sucks when the masala is much more of the point!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh dang i didn't know they made that in decaf. constant comment owns. if they have lady grey too i'll straight crap myself

don't get me wrong, i'd prefer chinese, but im stoked that this exists

update: they do

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm not, it was totally worth it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that's what i'm drinking today too. it matches the duck i'm about to start smoking

the duck turned into pekin duck because as i was reading about technique it became pretty obvious that that's the right way to go

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i had coffee this morning. then i had some of the free 1858 (or whatever) tea. it's a lot better if you just use what seems like an extreme amount

i'm still liking my duck poo poo and basket aged puerh, but i feel like the strength of those has made it so i'm not impressed with the tie guan yin that i used to favor. we'll see what happens 🤷‍♀️

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it was a basket-aged puerh day today and i freakin love puerh

the basket-aged stuff is better than any of the others i've had. i like it when my tea tastes like the earth

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

hell yeah. Ill have to ask about basket-aged.

i know you love vital tea leaf and all, but imo they're better for greens and oolongs and such. i just ordered a basket of [this](https://yunnansourcing.us/products/2001-basket-aged-ripe-pu-erh-tea-from-yi-wu?_pos=1&_sid=8ba17c9ae&_ss=r&variant=42984069038313) and i must say i recommend it

i will say that i don't love prying puerh apart, so the fact that it's loose is a plus for me. not an overriding one (it also is really really good, better than cake puerh i've had) but if you love to stab tea maybe it's not your speed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i make a pot of puerh, i do the first steep for 2-3 minutes, the second for 5-7, and the third for like 15+. after that i might go for more, but usually the leaves are done by then

i basically use those times for everything actually, not just puerh. maybe a little less on oolongs. i dont really drink green tea very often

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

i mostly like vital tea leaf cause i like sitting around for an hour shooting the poo poo with the manager

:yeah:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol hell yeah

having a strong pot of 2001 basket aged puerh now. i got my basket of it in the mail, but haven't opened it yet. that's a whole lot of tea.

i also ordered some hairy crab tea that i am excited to try (ive never had mao xie), some more king of duck poo poo, and a couple other varieties of duck poo poo

tea owns. i still need to try da hong pao, gaoshan, and jin xuan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i got that order. hairy crab is good, a bit more mild than i prefer i think. im currently drinking some winter snowflake duck poo poo aroma.

i have enough tea for a very long time.