Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

manuka honey is really weird. never tried it in tea. I’ll report back

i mean, it is all about the health benefits right? it's rated on its methylglyoxal contents after all, a wondrous chemical previously more enjoyed by diabetics, with benefits like damaging dna and causing atherosclerosis

e: to be clear studies suggest that *eating* it may not cause those problems, but otoh of course nothing really establishes any of the imagined benefits either. and i find it really funny that there's a health product carefully measured and rated to contain as much as possible of what is in the body a toxic metabolic byproduct that there's a lot of focus on lowering

e2: plus also of course eating "anti-bacterial" stuff by and large means that you should hope it doesn't actually work.

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the killer feature of the vision pro will be filtering out funny looks. will be the final nail in the coffin for all other ar efforts

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

not too much too it: a bit slower, need to be tended as it's likely to make a mess if you just let it violently boil for minutes, and honestly i think it well worth it to spend an extra $20 to get a kettle with temperature control and keep-warm.