Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

as far as tea oddities go, i like lapsang souchong, which i guess is to be expected since i like things that taste smokey in general. a nice cup on a winter afternoon is good. i've also used it to flavor food; notably as part of a gravlax recipe which made a kind of smoked salmon / gravlax hybrid that was pretty nice

other than that i like japanese green teas in general when i want something light. my go to for that is kamairicha which isn't exactly typical of that family and has pretty much zero bitterness to it, with some mild roasted nuts flavors

i don't drink all that much tea anymore though. it's mostly coffee now so i can get the caffeine i need to survive yet another day of this miserable existence. though oddly enough i never really got into coffee nearly as much as tea; i'm pretty snobbish for the latter but will drink any caffeinated black sludge without complaining

lapsang souchong is commonly available in china but its very rarely smoked here. i think they mostly export the smoked kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

smoke lapsang souchong every day

why? you got a buyer?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

goblin week posted:

it's mouth twisting bitter and then i add some sugar to make it good, literally leaves plaque in my mouth. best way to drink tea

if you comically oversteep the tea even more than this and then add evaporated milk, your most of the way toward hong kong style milk tea

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mediaphage posted:

lol my so loves it. i just really think it tastes like hot dog water

i disagree with you and agree with your so

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Silver Alicorn posted:

got some tulsi licorice root now

i ate some black licorice last night

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

switchin up my usual pu'erh with some nice oolong today

you ok? be safe out there

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

if you use a pressure cooker you can get water up to about 115c which obv makes for some extremely fast tea action

pro tip

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

post hole digger posted:

my sweet simple wife says heating water in the microwave is the same as using a kettle :cripes:

is she a caveman?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Poopernickel posted:

Serious question - if your goal is "boil some water", what makes a microwave different than a kettle?

serious answer: if you have to ask you’ll never know

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

goblin week posted:

microwaving your cup of water too much can result in superheating it and the water exploding in scalding steam

skill issue

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

DELETE CASCADE posted:

microwaves: no good for boiling water, even though the way a microwave works at all is by boiling water

you mean microwave isn’t very good? no way

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Soricidus posted:

how are you getting water to remain liquid that far above 100

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Armitag3 posted:

GET 👏 HIS 👏 rear end

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

gutsy move but i'll let SA make the call

permaban him imo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

i'm a big fan of chinese teas. puerh and oolong are my jams. i had a really nice roasted tie guan yin that i'll be ordering more of. i'm working my way through a packet of loose puerh right now. it's fine i guess, a bit milder than i prefer. but it's nice not having to break it out of a cake.

any of y'all tried duck poo poo aroma tea? i'm relatively certain it's a dumb marketing gimmick but the name is funny so i'm curious

for the curious, the tea is supposedly good and people asked the dude who makes it his secret, and he's like "duck poo poo."

ive had it in milk tea

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

anyone drink any tea today?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

its been a hell of a monday so far but i got a pot of puerh brewin and i am feelin mellower already

u ever tried the puerh with glutinous rice in it?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

nope. I usually like toasted rice tea i think its genmai? idk. but ive never had it with glutinous rice, that seems wild

its common in the city of puerh and the surrounding areas. but ive never seen it anywhere else.

it does taste kinda like genmaicha and i like it and its not hard to clean at all idk why youd think that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

not in the tea its not

anyway its called 糯香普洱茶 if u ever see some try it imo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

got a nice lapsang souchong today to mix things up, nice & smokey.

fun fact: its really hard to find smokey lapsang souchongs in china. im starting to think the really smokey ones are made just for export or something

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lapsang souchong is pretty common in china but they generally have little to no smoke flavor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

did u know: in china what we call black tea they call red tea, and then they have another type of tea they call black tea but it’s very rare?