Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Are you sure about wanting Tukhachevsky?

Go for it! I'm sure that I'll regret it, but that's the Soviet way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Initiative/Weather/Impulse

Reinforcements Phase

China deploys a 2-2 Militia unit in Nanking.

France deploys a 4-3 Infantry Corps in Paris, and finished the first half of the G. Leygues.

Germany deploys the Finnish 6-3 Guards Infantry Corps in Breslau.

Japan finishes the first half of the Kumano, and deploys the Zuiho to Fukuoka.

The Soviet Union deploys a 5-3 Infantry Corps in Moscow.

USA deploys the USS Salt Lake City in San Diego.

Lending Resources Phase

Germany has an alliance with Finland and will receive 1 resource from them.

Japan and USA have a treaty; USA gives 2 resources and 2 oil for 1 Japanese build point.

All other nations receive or send resources and oil to their parent/controlling nation.

Initiative Phase

The Fascists have a +2, Communists have a +1, Democracies have a +0.

The rolls are 3, 8, and 5. Only the Fascists and Communists can demand a re-roll, neither side will ask for it. The Communists will go first, Democrats second, and Fascists third. (I didn't realize that the Fascists would lose ties. Oh well...)

Determining Weather

There is a +2 DRM to weather, the final 1d10 roll is a 8.

It is now:

Arctic: Fine
North Temperate: Fine
Mediterranean: Fine
North Monsoon: Fine
South Monsoon: Fine
South Temperate: Fine

Action Phase - May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #1 Communist

The Soviet Union will choose a Land Impulse, they will have unlimited Land attacks, unlimited Land movements, 0 Naval moves, and 3 Air Missions.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

There are no naval combats taking place.

Strategic bombardment

No strategic bombardments take place.

Ground strike missions

No ground strikes taking place.

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Moving west, Wedgekree's Tukhachevsky HQ unit is now on the border with Poland. There are some other units that move west, but not deserving of another image.

Communist China nabs TungKwan from the Nationalists.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

No land combats have taken place.

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

No reorganization takes place.

Next up: Impulse #1 - Democrats

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 20, 2023

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Whoo! I shall LIVE (until I am purged)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #1 - Democrat

It is still:

The Commonwealth will choose to Pass.

The United States of America will choose to Pass.

France will choose to Pass.

China will choose a Land Impulse. They will have unlimited Land moves, unlimited Land attacks, 1 air mission, and 0 naval moves.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

China moves its troops to concentrate on the river and prevent Japanese troops from wrapping around and capturing Tsing Tao without a fight. I can't attack without being at half their strength, so defense is the name of the game. Militia troops from Nanking advance northwards, the division on the far left moves into the mountains, and the Shanghai Warlord moves to an adjacent hex to prevent overstacking problems.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

None

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

Next: Impulse #1 - Fascists

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #1 - Fascist

It is now:

Germany will choose to Pass.

Italy will choose a Combined Impulse. They will have 3 Land moves, 3 air missions, 1 naval moves, and 1 land attacks.

Japan will choose a Land Impulse. They will have unlimited Land moves, 2 air missions, 0 naval moves, and unlimited land attacks.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Japan attacks the troops in TsinAn with the D1A2. They need a 1 to flip a unit. The 1d10 rolls are a 1 and a 5. The Chinese 4-3 unit is flipped face down.

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Eritrean troops occupy Benghazi, while others move towards Asmara.

Japan launches an offensive towards the river

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

Japan attacks Tsin An with 10 strength from the northeast, 12 from the northwest, and 11 from the west. Unmodified, it is a 33 to 8 combat. Since all attackers are crossing a river, this is modified to as 16 to 8, or 2 to 1 ratio.

A 2 to 1 ratio will give an initial +4 to the 2d10 combat roll. Since one of the Chinese units is face down, this will provide a +2 DRM. Japan will flip the Umezu HQ unit to provide an additional +2 for a final +8 DRM. China will defend on the Blitz table.

The 2d10 roll is a 12, modified to a 20 for a */B. Japan loses a 4-3 Infantry Corps, and will be placed back into the Force Pool. Both of China's units are Shattered and are placed on the production line at Nanking, to arrive next turn. Japan will flip the remaining 4-3 and counts the HQ unit as flipped for the purposes of the result.

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

As the turn cannot end now, the impulse track increases by 1 due to weather.

Next up: Impulse #2 - Communists

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Should we expect to see Japanese naval landings on the Chinese coast?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The Marines are a little pre-occupied, but if Japan can ramp up production fast enough, and get production of troops running...

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So Japan didn't take the city, just took casualties and temporarily disabled the units?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wedgekree posted:

So Japan didn't take the city, just took casualties and temporarily disabled the units?

I was thinking of breakthrough at the time and got too focused on it. Japan will take the city with the unflipped 8-3.

The loss of the 4-3 sucks, but a 2-turn build time isn't too punishing, especially when theres still a few units on the way from the north and more units to be transported.

China is going to have to abandon some positions due to the terrible defensive terrain behind the river. (The mountains are great but the open ground will spell death for the Chinese.)

And speaking of... should the Chinese attempt to sortie and sink some convoys?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Think the Chinese sending their craft out to sortie is a deathtrap they likely won't come back from. Even if they do have any survivors, they'll need long repairs which the Chinese may not have the BP for. But also a fleet in being is uesful only so long as it's a threat, and if the IJN can get localized superiority in the area, it means that they're mauled in port strikes or having to flee when ports are taken by marine landings.

So they can survive as a fleet in being to tie down IJN assets but are almost guaranteed to be exposed at some point soon, or can go on a ride that may take down some IJN transports which will slow thier invasion. So tossup.

I lean more towards fleet in being but the longer they stay in port the less chance there is of tehm being useful. And at any point soon they won't have a chance of engaging anything successfully.

So ultimately if the target is too tempting to ignore, go for it with the understanding that you (likely) get only one try at it and won't have a fleet after to fight with. Also I dunno what their oil situation is, which is also a factor.

But yeah, a phased withdraw to more defensible positions seems necessary - particularly before the IJA can bring in enough air units to do CAS strikes to immobilize them. Maintaining a coherent line is desperately necessary.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #2 - Communists

Weather

There is a +0 DRM to weather, the final 1d10 roll is a 2.

It is now:

Arctic: Storms
North Temperate: Rain
North Monsoon: Storm
South Monsoon: Rain
South Temperate: Rain

Action Phase - May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #2 Communist

The Soviet Union will choose a Land Impulse, they will have unlimited Land attacks, unlimited Land movements, 0 Naval moves, and 3 Air Missions.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Rain doubles movement cost and everyone's in mountains. Boo. (One unit moved a hex east of TianShui.)

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

Next up: Impulse #2 - Democrats

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #2 - Democrat

It is still:

China will choose a Land Impulse. They will have unlimited Land moves, unlimited Land attacks, 1 air mission, and 0 naval moves.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

China is forced to shift a lot of units back and forth along the line of defense to make sure Japan doesn't get an easy breakthrough in the west (since there aren't enough units to project good Zone of Control). The two units caught out on the eastern edge group up for higher safety, even if the odds are low that Japan would attack this impulse.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

None

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

Next: Impulse #2 - Fascists

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Quiet turn. Lets see how well the new Chinese Nationalist line holds.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #2 - Fascist

It is still:

Italy will choose a Combined Impulse. They will have 3 Land moves, 3 air missions, 1 naval moves, and 1 land attacks.

Japan will choose a Combined Impulse. They will have 3 Land moves, 4 air missions, 2 naval moves, and 1 land attacks.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

Italy's Motorized "Celere" Corps is brought to Sicily, the transport unit is flipped face down.

I still feel like I'm trying to really get the naval movement rules. You spend 1 movement allowance (the top middle number) for each point in the "search" area of the sea box (the 0 through 4 boxes on the map), but you ALSO spend 1 point of movement allowance (and range!) for each sea area, or port, you enter. Since some of the ships in the large task force have a movement of 4, I can only go up to the maximum 3 if I want to keep them all together. Splitting them into multiple groups, I think, uses Naval Moves, which I don't have any more to spare.

The transports arrive in Tokyo and the plan will be to shuttle the units there to China first, then the 6-3 in Hiroshima and the 5-3 Militia in Osaka (one will move to the other).

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

None.

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Other Italian troops move into Asmara for later transport (This is going to take a while...)

Japan moves units across the river to secure a foothold, an infantry corps in the back advances.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

None

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

The turn cannot end, the impulse track will advance by 2.

Next up: Impulse #4 - Communists

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 23, 2023

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So does that result mean that the IJA takes the city given the two units were shattered? OR is this a fallback position for the Chinese?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wedgekree posted:

So does that result mean that the IJA takes the city given the two units were shattered? OR is this a fallback position for the Chinese?

Ughhh! I thought I took that part out, there wasn't any combat this impulse for the Japanese.

And yes, they took the city. The Chinese need to get to the next river to buy more time. That or hope for really bad rolls by the Japanese on any attacks they make, as if they flip, they will no longer be able to do things during future impulses.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So basically the next 3-4 turns will be Italy picking up units and ferrying them back to the 'mainland' and maybe leaving a militia or something to garrison Ethiopia. Unless the Chief Pastafarian goes crazed from it and makes another transport.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wedgekree posted:

So basically the next 3-4 turns will be Italy picking up units and ferrying them back to the 'mainland' and maybe leaving a militia or something to garrison Ethiopia. Unless the Chief Pastafarian goes crazed from it and makes another transport.

At least 8 turns, for the Italians, I think. And nothing in Eritrea/Ethiopia has any value in this game. There are no resources, oil, or factories, so the Italians have no reasons to leave any troops that will immediately become out of supply/cut off from everywhere else by the British. There's only 1 transport available...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #4 - Communists

Weather

There is a +2 DRM to weather, the final 1d10 roll is a 7.

It is now:

Action Phase - May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #2 Communist

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Fine weather ahoy! The Communists move a whole 1 (or 2!) hexes to the east! The idea here is to create a defensive zone along the river north of Sian. If the Republic troops abandon Chengchow, they may move up the line, but the mountains are far more secure at the moment...

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

Next up: Impulse #4 - Democrats

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I forgot until this that the Chinese Communists and Nationalists were separate entities in the war. And co-belligerents at best for most of it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wedgekree posted:

I forgot until this that the Chinese Communists and Nationalists were separate entities in the war. And co-belligerents at best for most of it.

Yeah! It's the one sneaky thing for the Chinese theater. Do the Democrat-supporting forum lurkers choose to voice their desires of bribing the Communists to help out in the area? Do the communists care? As long as the Communists aren't losing anything, there's nothing they are too concerned about, and Japan isn't strong enough in the area to threaten both factions.

There's also a need to look forward because the moment that the Soviet Union is at war with someone, they may have to choose between their units and the Communist Chinese.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Well, what are the benefits to the Soviets of supporting the Chinese Communists? Victory condition as co-belligerents? Given the Soviets are very unlikely to engage the Japanese to any significant degree?

So what are the major benefits of sending resources to them as opposed to banking them at home?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wedgekree posted:

Well, what are the benefits to the Soviets of supporting the Chinese Communists? Victory condition as co-belligerents? Given the Soviets are very unlikely to engage the Japanese to any significant degree?

So what are the major benefits of sending resources to them as opposed to banking them at home?

Just forcing the Japanese to have troops up north to defend against a Communist Chinese incursion, or a full-on Soviet assault into Manchuria can be a big thorn in Japan's side. I don't have them set up that way now because its 1936, but if Germany decides to only fight France, as an example, there might not be an impetus to keep lots of troops on that side of the world. Similarly, you can't count in the USA succeeding all the time, any crazy wars that happen elsewhere that take their attention, any ill-timed alliances in the middle east, can be just as problematic for the Chicom/Soviet connection.

If Communist China wins in China, they essentially usurp China. They have no negatives to their factories (they get to use Blue and Red factory in China as if China) and their resources. Its not necessarily much, but its also closer to any oil down south, should they wish to grab that and starve others of it.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Fair, so keeping China going gives the USSR more options to exploit and keep available. Strategically that makes sense.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Enjoying this! I will take a zero fighter or squad!

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

wedgekree posted:

Fair, so keeping China going gives the USSR more options to exploit and keep available. Strategically that makes sense.

Basically why Stalin supported Chiang (and told the Chinese Communists to play nice) irl too!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

syzpid posted:

Enjoying this! I will take a zero fighter or squad!

To be built in 1938

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So is the IJA doing well in China? Or behind schedule? Just trying to get an idea of the progress so far as this sort of thing is fun.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wedgekree posted:

So is the IJA doing well in China? Or behind schedule? Just trying to get an idea of the progress so far as this sort of thing is fun.

The Peking Bridge incident didnt happen until July '36 iirc so were ahead of schedule. Assaulting Shanghai wasnt until '37.

Progress is good for now, but could definitely have been better if it wasnt just shatter results on the Chinese, and if Japan had more units to move

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #4 - Democrat

It is still:

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

China shuffles a bunch of units to reform their line. I tried to get as many hexes that force halved attacks, or an increased movement cost. Sadly, that one opening where the 3-2 Militia unit is located is the hole in this wall. Giving up Tsing Tao isn't great either, but staying there is just asking to sacrifice a unit, which cannot be afforded.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

None

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

Next: Impulse #4 - Fascists

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #4 - Fascist

It is still:

Italy will choose to Pass.

Japan will choose a Land Impulse. They will have unlimited Land moves, 2 air missions, 0 naval moves, and unlimited land attacks.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

None.

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Plenty of movement, notably an advance by the Cavalry Division to the safety of the river, grabbing Tsing Tao with a Manchurian Corps, and preparing for an attack. Other units in Korea/Manchuria move to get closer to the border with the Soviet Union in the event of any hostilities.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

Japan attacks the 3-2 Shanghai Militia unit with 2 units totalling 14 strength. 14 to 3 is a 4 to 1 ratio, with no modifiers due to weather or terrain. The final DRM for this combat is a +8. The attack takes place on the Assault table as the Chinese unit is in a clear hex with no city, etc. The initial 2d10 roll is a 10, increased to 18 which results in a -/1 result. Japan suffers no losses, both units are flipped. China will lose the Militia unit.

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

The turn cannot end, the impulse track will advance by 1.

Next up: Impulse #5 - Communists

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #5 - Communists

Weather

There is a +0 DRM to weather, the final 1d10 roll is a 6.

It is now:

North Monsoon: Rain

Action Phase - May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #5 Communist

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Communist China moves two units to Tiang Shi

The Soviet Union moves a 5-3 infantry corps into Smolensk

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

Next up: Impulse #5 - Democrats

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
China is a place of combat and withdraws. The Chinese Nationalists try to get to a new defensive line while the IJA pursues and tries to makes ure they don't overextend themselves. The Chinese Communists are happy to let the Nationalists take everything.

I guess you can call this sort of progress in China this impulse? Two cities taken wtih moderate losses and the Chinese are retreating. But there's no major breakthrough and no major casualties.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #5 - Democrat

It is still:

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Shufflign units, reforming the line. I abandon Hai Chow, even though it carries a resource, as the nearby 6-3 can easily thrreaten anything in the area, or would be lost in the next turn regardless. Using the river as a first line of defense before an eventual withdrawal to Nanking makes more sense to me.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

None

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

Next: Impulse #5 - Fascists

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wedgekree posted:

China is a place of combat and withdraws. The Chinese Nationalists try to get to a new defensive line while the IJA pursues and tries to makes ure they don't overextend themselves. The Chinese Communists are happy to let the Nationalists take everything.

I guess you can call this sort of progress in China this impulse? Two cities taken wtih moderate losses and the Chinese are retreating. But there's no major breakthrough and no major casualties.

Pretty much, Japan has enough dangerous troops, but ambition could lead to downfall. That being said, since Chinese troops fight at 1/2 their strength, it makes anything but defense a tough proposition. When there are more troops on the ground, yes, it'll be considered far more regularly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #5 - Fascist

It is still:

Japan will choose a Combined Impulse. They will have 3 Land moves, 4 air missions, 2 naval moves, and 1 land attacks.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

Japan transports 2 units to Tsing Tao, the Amphibious unit and the Transport are flipped face down.

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

None.

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

The Manchurian unit claims Hai Chow, the Tokyo militia moves up to cover them, and the rear 5-3 moves up to and across the first river.

Because Japan captured another city, they must check to see if they add a US Entry Chit against them. The roll will be a 1d10, and the result needed is a 4. The roll is a 2, a Chit is added against Japan.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

None. Attacking the 1-1 Garrison unit across the river would only be a 3 to 1 ratio (since the river halves the attack) and I'm not willing to throw such a valuable unit away right now.

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

The turn cannot end, the impulse track will advance by 1.

Next up: Impulse #6 - Communists

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #6 - Communists

Weather

There is a +0 DRM to weather, the final 1d10 roll is a 7.

It is now:

Action Phase - May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #6 Communist

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

Just a slow turn with the Lan Chow Militia moving to Sian. If the turn could've ended this turn, I would've passed...

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

Next up: Impulse #6 - Democrats

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #6 - Democrat

It is still:

China will choose to Pass.

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

None

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

None

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

The end of this turn can't come soon enough for China...

Next: Impulse #6 - Fascists

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
May/Jun 1936 - Impulse #6 - Fascist

It is still:

Port attacks

None.

Naval air missions

None.

Naval movement

None

Naval combat

Strategic bombardment

Ground strike missions

None.

Rail movement

None.

Land movement

More movement, and I think this is a good point for the turn to be ended here. China has no incentive to attack, due particularly to low strength of available forces, and Japan is far too spent to mount any offensive, especially any with risks of losing troops.

Air transport

None.

Debarking

None

Invasions

No invasions take place.

Paradrops

None.

Land combat

None. Attacking the 1-1 Garrison unit across the river would only be a 3 to 1 ratio (since the river halves the attack) and I'm not willing to throw such a valuable unit away right now.

Air rebases

None

Reorganization

All sides agree to a premature end of the turn, we will go to the resources, reorganization, production and other end of turn actions next...

Next up: Impulse #6 - End of Turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Nicely played. Relatively quiet while the players move pieces around. So will Japan try to push for more of an invasion in China to try and take it out early? Or try to more secure a buffer and go to buildup more forces?