Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
We already have Klieman’s old DC as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It'd be cool if they took Leipold out of Lawrence.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Mike_V posted:

It'd be cool if they took Leipold out of Lawrence.

Someone’s gonna, at this rate.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Leipold is the hottest name by far. I think they should give Chris Creighton a serious look especially if they are trying to go back to the identity of the Dantonio era (overlooked recruits playing above their rating, grinding it out, playing slightly dirty). Split Zone also did a good bit on how they aren’t necessarily going to spend the way people think. It’s a misconception that Ishbia is footing the bill for everything. $71 million of Tucker’s contract was supposed to be coming from normal boosters.

Creighton was one of the guys Purdue looked at, and passed on with a bunch of back door bullshit about his age.

Which really hurt because he is exactly five days younger than me.

I think the dude can coach just fine.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

Same. We felt Colorado or the West Coast would be more our vibe, but among other factors those places are on fire much of the time and that seems unlikely to improve a lot going forward.

Rural CT is chill and friendly and pretty and there are four full actual seasons. You can easily drive to beaches in the summer and skiing in the winter. The public schools are generally great. The dispensaries kind of suck, but there are quasi-legal cannabis farmer’s markets that smell as good as any place on earth, where half ounces of the dankest poo poo ever go for like $35-40. Other than the pizza (New Haven represent) and the ice cream the food is subpar compared to Texas but then again going to NYC and back for a date night is viable if you’re willing to spend some time on trains.

You on the West side of CT? East side of CT and Providence has food that can match Austin aside from BBQ, Mexican, and oddly, Sushi. Granted, you have to travel a bit further for it, but you had to travel within Austin to get a lot of the best stuff anyway. Norwich punches well above its weight for food options.

And dispensaries are coming along. They've been open for like 6 months at this point. Wait until there are enough of them that they have to actually compete on price and quality. Best dispensary in the region is all the way in Fall River, but the PVD dispensaries are already starting to have to adjust because folks in PVD will go to Fall River to stock up.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Someone’s gonna, at this rate.

Only thing is, Kansas let Liepold keep all his Buffalo staff that he also had back in Division III... would other schools? I don't think Michigan State would.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Probably Magic posted:

Only thing is, Kansas let Liepold keep all his Buffalo staff that he also had back in Division III... would other schools? I don't think Michigan State would.

Looks at Kansas record

That shouldn't be a problem

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I haven't been to Austin since 2009, crazy to think that it's changed so much. I'm back in Houston for a few days (and came earlier this year) and it mostly feels the same, but the area between Montrose and Rice Military (is that what we're still calling the Washington Av. corridor?) has filled in a ton over the past 5 years. The city is deeply flawed and I'll probably never live here again, but it really is a great place with an infinite amount of things to do... if you don't mind crazy state politics and driving literally everywhere. I live in the DC area now and the cost of living is absurd, but the walkability and public transit are a massive plus.

Anyways, fire Dana Holgorsen

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

curried lamb of God posted:

I haven't been to Austin since 2009, crazy to think that it's changed so much.

Most cities change in the course of 20 years. Neighborhoods rise and fall in desirability, sprawl stretches ever further, etc. But even the skyline of Austin is unrecognizable from 2003. The vibe is totally different. It’s gone from a sort of flaking barn wood and rusty corrugated metal aesthetic to a glass and chrome Tomorrowland. The vibrant city where normal people could make rent and pursue their passions is long gone. Tech bros flock there the way purveyors of white blues once did. Teslas own the streets downtown.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Thermos H Christ posted:

Most cities change in the course of 20 years. Neighborhoods rise and fall in desirability, sprawl stretches ever further, etc. But even the skyline of Austin is unrecognizable from 2003. The vibe is totally different. It’s gone from a sort of flaking barn wood and rusty corrugated metal aesthetic to a glass and chrome Tomorrowland. The vibrant city where normal people could make rent and pursue their passions is long gone. Tech bros flock there the way purveyors of white blues once did. Teslas own the streets downtown.

Yeah. I was home last year and there’s a loving Hermes store ON SOCO and that really hit home it’s a different town.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

There are so many loving Teslas. It's insane. And inane.

Hippies and artists used to be the group that lived there. They've been chased away to San Marcos, Smithville, and Lockhart and out of state. The tech bros have taken over.

People forgot about Leslie.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

kayakyakr posted:

There are so many loving Teslas. It's insane. And inane.

Hippies and artists used to be the group that lived there. They've been chased away to San Marcos, Smithville, and Lockhart and out of state. The tech bros have taken over.

People forgot about Leslie.

yeah, it's interesting to see people and money ruin the very thing they showed up for. almost like hugging it to death. the people who wanted hermes and a soho house used to stay in westlake or other cities altogether.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Thermos H Christ posted:

Every college town is like that now. UIUC definitely is and is nowhere near as desirable as Austin, it's weird as hell.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Moneyed folks moving in and ruining a place while cool people are priced out and move to lower CoL areas to make them trendy and fun has become a natural rhythm of capitalism. Sunrise, sunset. Financial tides.

Although, nowhere is affordable anymore.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

Moneyed folks moving in and ruining a place while cool people are priced out and move to lower CoL areas to make them trendy and fun has become a natural rhythm of capitalism. Sunrise, sunset. Financial tides.

Although, nowhere is affordable anymore.

Very true, although Austin seems to have experienced this at the city level, where normally it’s just one neighborhood at a time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1707537168665563165?t=zDLeP92lflmWQR-ZmC9FNg&s=19

Please no Narduzzi

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Manny Diaz is going to start attracting attention at some point, but I hope it's after next season. And hopefully not at another Big Ten school.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
lol yes please hire danger dan enos, what's the worse that could happen

i hear he will be very, very, almost painfully available this offseason

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

torn between wanting sparty to hire narduzzi so they continue to live in the basement vs. being so loving sick to death of hearing from him as is and never wanting to ever again

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nard Dog now and forever please

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what's Steve Addazio up to these days

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Alaois posted:

what's better than guys bein' dudes

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Alaois posted:

He's busy coaching an offensive line at Texas A&M that just got its quarterback killed.

(Note: nobody was literally killed on his watch. That's the guy coaching our defense.)

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

kayakyakr posted:

dispensaries are coming along. They've been open for like 6 months at this point. Wait until there are enough of them that they have to actually compete on price and quality.

Prices may come down eventually but they won’t compete on quality unless and until the law is changed. Per law, there can only ever be a maximum of four growers licensed to sell to dispensaries in CT. So it’s a few big corporate growers mass producing lovely corporate mids that smell like hay and nobody’s allowed to compete with them (gee, I wonder who wrote the law…?). Everywhere has roughly the same selection. It’s basically like if every liquor store in the state was restricted to only selling Bud, Miller, and Coors products.

But it’s ok because if you’re willing to go a little more underground with it the “craft brewing” scene is pretty incredible.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I applaud Michigan State dusting off the old "but what relation was he to Bear Bryant" criteria from Alabama coaching searches of the 80s and 90s, hadn't seen that kinda poo poo in a hot minute

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud posted:

I'd throw Napier in undecided. He's 2-1 after playing two ranked teams, he just beat a rival, and has the #3 ranked 2024 recruiting class on deck.

I changed my mind btw. Napier sucks rear end.

Scraping through wins against Charlotte and then getting your rear end kicked by Kentucky in year 2? I've seen enough.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

GD_American posted:

I applaud Michigan State dusting off the old "but what relation was he to Bear Bryant" criteria from Alabama coaching searches of the 80s and 90s, hadn't seen that kinda poo poo in a hot minute

usc literally did it until they hired riley? john harbaugh got an extra two years out of it???

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

But it’s ok because if you’re willing to go a little more underground with it the “craft brewing” scene is pretty incredible.

I’m reading this as going to a brewery enough to be friendly with the staff and then complaining about the poor weed quality.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

I changed my mind btw. Napier sucks rear end.

Scraping through wins against Charlotte and then getting your rear end kicked by Kentucky in year 2? I've seen enough.

Hate to feel like we should be coach shopping again, but man he doesn't seem to have the juice. Every win feels like it is in spite of the scheme. He's going to get plenty of time though.

If it weren't for this new 30yo DC we'd be on the brink of 1-4.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

Hate to feel like we should be coach shopping again, but man he doesn't seem to have the juice. Every win feels like it is in spite of the scheme. He's going to get plenty of time though.

If it weren't for this new 30yo DC we'd be on the brink of 1-4.

I want to fire Stricklin too. He’s been here since 2016 and football and basketball are both worse than they’ve been in a long time.

He doesn’t need to pick another coach.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Declan MacManus posted:

usc literally did it until they hired riley? john harbaugh got an extra two years out of it???

It's really funny USC kept hiring dudes who coached with Pete yet Pete himself was a 4th choice NFL washout

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

I want to fire Stricklin too. He’s been here since 2016 and football and basketball are both worse than they’ve been in a long time.

He doesn’t need to pick another coach.

How Stricklin wasn't fired for the WBB scandal is beyond me

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Godzilla07 posted:

How Stricklin wasn't fired for the WBB scandal is beyond me

I just remembered Ben Sasse is in charge hahahahaha

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

I just remembered Ben Sasse is in charge hahahahaha

gently caress, I forgot about that dipshit

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/barstooluiowa/status/1708284115143864789?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Get those kids on the phone with Make a Wish quick

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would say with Arizona Fisch is closer to an extension than he is the hot seat and I say that as he's on the verge of potentially only winning one more game this season. Arizona was so hosed up by Sumlin that I think everyone is ready to give some time to this.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rick posted:

I would say with Arizona Fisch is closer to an extension than he is the hot seat and I say that as he's on the verge of potentially only winning one more game this season. Arizona was so hosed up by Sumlin that I think everyone is ready to give some time to this.

I thought Sumlin with darkhorse Heisman candidate Khalil Tate was going to be a thing. How wrong I was.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can Brady Hoke be fired please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

I had to give my wife about five minutes worth of context before showing her this and she died laughing