Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well one big ten oc got sacked

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1708531858256933103

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
For what it's worth Sam Pittman seems to have lost the local media so I guess he's all but toast.

Keep paying him and put him back to line coaching imho.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

Hate to feel like we should be coach shopping again, but man he doesn't seem to have the juice. Every win feels like it is in spite of the scheme. He's going to get plenty of time though.

If it weren't for this new 30yo DC we'd be on the brink of 1-4.

also how bad is Tennessee this year if ya'll crushed them or is it just a voodoo curse whenever they play in the swamp?

bc good lord UF does not look good in literally any other game

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

also how bad is Tennessee this year if ya'll crushed them or is it just a voodoo curse whenever they play in the swamp?

bc good lord UF does not look good in literally any other game

We’re not as good as we were last year, new OC, but yeah also swamp voodoo and just poo poo luck against UF in general. We somehow always gently caress that game up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think anyone really thought this would be a thing but Feldman says Urban to Michigan State is not happening.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1709564093068419564

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think anyone really thought this would be a thing but Feldman says Urban to Michigan State is not happening.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1709564093068419564

Nice to hear that the trial balloon failed. Can't imagine MSU making a worse decision in terms of optics. Maybe hiring the Bears' former DC would be a worse look than Meyer but that might be about it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Anals of History posted:

Can't imagine MSU making a worse decision in terms of optics. \

Ohhhhh I dunno about that.

There's still a Briles in the wild.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Anals of History posted:

Nice to hear that the trial balloon failed. Can't imagine MSU making a worse decision in terms of optics. Maybe hiring the Bears' former DC would be a worse look than Meyer but that might be about it.

The second he won a few games no one would care about the optics....

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Anals of History posted:

Hugh Freeze?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Art Briles

Gary Barnett

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

Art Briles

Gary Barnett

Not Michigan State related since that's an automatic no, but I could see someone talking themselves into Briles which has happened several times before massive backlash made them forget about the idea.

Gary Barnett has been gone so long I almost hope it happens just to see exactly how bad it would be. He's been gone long enough that all of his connections are gone, he wasn't really an innovator so much as a CEO from what I remember. He's absolute dirt and deserves nothing, but my sicko brain wants to see how bad this road could end. While hopefully not hurting anyone other than him.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
In like 2010 Art Briles was an innovator, and lots of other people hadn’t caught up to where he was yet. He’s not going to take anybody by surprise now that his style of offense is practically the default across the sport.

When going no-huddle and lining up in 5-wr sets could still catch really good teams sleeping and nobody had ever seen an RPO, Briles was basically a wizard. I seriously doubt that after years away from the bigs he has it in him to find a whole other way to change the paradigm. There’s no sense dirtying up your program to get him on board. He’s just as toxic as ever and he no longer represents the potential he once did.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Briles was getting fired from a euro team last I saw

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It's really funny USC kept hiring dudes who coached with Pete yet Pete himself was a 4th choice NFL washout

I mean Sark wasn't that bad at USC (until his drinking drove him off the cliff) and seems to have found his footing at Texas

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Briles’ Guelphi di Firenze got wiped by the righteous Parma Panthers in the Italian Bowl this year.

It was in Toledo, OH. It was glorious.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

He’s just as toxic as ever and he no longer represents the potential he once did.

He couldn't even cut it in Texas HS football. That's how far the guy has fallen.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well he got every dime Baylor owed him at least.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Well he got every dime Baylor owed him at least.

Because the admin helped him out to avoid scalping themselves as well.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I looked up Jay Hopson (the USM coach who tried to hire him without asking the administrtion first), and discovered on his hilariously self-edited Wikipedia page that he's the CBs coach at USA now.

That would explain their regression.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Anals of History posted:

Pat Fitzgerald

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Dan 'Shotgun on 4th and 1' Enos' wiki is protected :negative:

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Neil Armbong posted:

Because the admin helped him out to avoid scalping themselves as well.

They absolutely paid him to go away and stay quiet.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fitzgerald suing Nirthweatern for $130 million plus "emotional distress" damages. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38574639/pat-fitzgerald-suing-northwestern-130m-wrongful-termination?platform=amp

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1719075071279374517

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I'd like to think all of us posting about the 25 point threshold relentlessly helped out him in some way.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

His reputation of being a dumpster fire of a coach? They'd be 0-8 if he coached them this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Since they made it official now I really really want Iowa to somehow turn into a 30-40 points per game offense out of nowhere for the rest of the season.

Chances of this happening are zero of course, but that would annoy a whole lot of people and just make everything even more awkward.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

How many points per game does he need now to undo this decision?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Slightly surprised Iowa committed to firing Brian.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It would be funny if Iowa makes the Big Ten championship game and hangs 60 points on Michigan

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Ferentz takes off the limiters and Iowa starts going full Air Raid, full mid 2010's Big 12 football.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goodbye friend

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Someone suggested to include all the B1G west teams like a carnival attraction horse race, since 4+ of them are in the same situation.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Chris James 2 posted:

Goodbye friend

This was the only reason I still visited the former Twitter

Farewell, Ferentz Cliffhanger

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chris James 2 posted:

Goodbye friend

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I love people.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

HERE LIES BRIAN

HE NEVER SCORED

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Someone should hire Lance Leipold imo

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Michigan will be looking for a coach

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

Michigan will be looking for a coach

Funniest choice?

I’m pulling for Urban Meyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Chris James 2 posted:

Goodbye friend