Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

Hate to feel like we should be coach shopping again, but man he doesn't seem to have the juice. Every win feels like it is in spite of the scheme. He's going to get plenty of time though.

If it weren't for this new 30yo DC we'd be on the brink of 1-4.

also how bad is Tennessee this year if ya'll crushed them or is it just a voodoo curse whenever they play in the swamp?

bc good lord UF does not look good in literally any other game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Spaced God posted:

The people who give money to fire Jimbo would also be giving money to finance a paramilitary to go door to door looking for women who take birth control so this is probably the best use for it

LMAO

Absolute truth

I’m excited to see what levels of insanity we can get from this coaching search

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 13, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Benne posted:

Man that feels a bit cold. He had a thankless job replacing the late Leach and didn't even get to finish the season.

I’d be more sympathetic but he replaced Leach and immediately chucked Leach’s offense into the trash.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Is anyone going to hire Leipold away from Kansas? Dude’s done an amazing job there.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Kansas being good is legit heartwarming. I’ve like actually got a lot of love for both Kansas and Kansas State.

Kansas State will always hold a special place in my heart bc of Bill Snyder

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

https://x.com/UKCoachStoops/status/1728655482317869099?s=20

Hmmmm

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Jeff Traylor loses every big game he coaches against good teams.

The perfect Big 12 coach where no one has a good team

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Mississippi State fired a 30-something coordinator with zero previous HC experience who was on his way to five wins and might replace him with a 30-something coordinator with zero previous HC experience and terrible baggage. When they fired Arnett so early I figured they had a plan. Maybe they had been looking for a coach for months because they never saw Arnett as more than an interim. This is really disappointing. I suppose Jimbo's firing has complicated things. When A&M hires away somebody's coach that will probably create a better opening than MSU so good candidates are waiting to see how that plays out. Now MSU is damned if they make a choice too early and damned if they wait too long.

Good thing they chose the brave option of hiring the guy associated with a rape scandal who’s been relentlessly unapologetic about it even just this year.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Lebby and Kendall Briles’s continued employment is really quite a testament to the durability of white privilege.

It’s both incredibly depressing and absolutely damning for the leadership at those programs

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Just reinforcing that Mike Leach was too good for Miss St, bunch of sleezy jerks.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Looking forward to the 2-3 good Big 10 teams playing something closer to a real schedule going forward. This cake walk until your final game nonsense is absurd. I hope Oregon or UW wins the conference next year for maximum hilarity

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

if I had to guess I’d say you’re gonna have Michigan, Ohio, Wash, Oregon, and USC as the top. Maybe MSU and UCLA if they ever get their poo poo together. Then you have the Cinderella stories really

Yep that sounds about right.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

It'll be interesting to see if this has an impact beyond just the harder schedule. Michigan played E. Carolina, UNLV, and Bowling green out of conference, and then their first SIX conference games were complete blowouts. That's gotta be a huge boon for a team right? Rest your first string and get playing time for your backups in your first NINE games?

Yeah being able to rest any slightly dinged up starter and get tons of reps for the backups is huge not to mention the psychological impact of not being in tight games week to week. What’s nice is it won’t necessarily cost teams a playoff spot if they drop 1-2 games with the new playoff expansion but we’ll get a much better idea who’s actually good.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

the day haters are mind blowing to me

I can see it a bit. The Big 10 has been incredibly weak during Days stint at OSU and he’s had two insanely talented QBs, but in spite of that he keeps losing to his only real opponents. OSU is such a juggernaut at this point idk that it’s crazy for them to have wild expectations. They’ve been this good for decades now. I think the next two years playing in a real conference and with a real playoff will tell us a lot about Day as a coach. Personally I think he’s mediocre and won’t gently caress up OSUs juggernaut path while also not doing anything special in important games. Idk he’s like a modern Dabo, he’ll live and die by his coordinators and QBs

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Is this good

Yes, he’s loving incredible at coaching offense.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Don’t worry, I’m sure Franklin and the rest of the PSU admin will choke the creativity out of the dude’s offense.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Booo, don't help boring rear end PSU.

Hopefully he's one and done, immediately getting a HC job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

kayakyakr posted:

As posted when I said this is both a great hire and an awful one, Penn State probably crushes all of his creativity and he winds up running the same boring rear end PSU offense as the last 10 OC's

Yea that sounds about right. Just taking a beautiful creative mind and making him boring