Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

aTm’s short a lot of things (sense, architecture, enjoyable surroundings) but money ain’t one of them

Some of the architecture at A&M is good :colbert: its just that the biggest expansion came in the era of brutalist stupidity

And yes having lived in Austin from 4th grade til I was in my late 30s it sucks terribly now and I was happy to get out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
For me even if nothing else changed the skyrocketing housing prices and rent made it untenable even though I actually do have a tech job. It would take a loving lot to offset that, like, New York level public transport and culture, and Austin doesn't have it.

Its about half as expensive to rent an equivalent well-located nice apartment in San Antonio as it is Austin as far as I can tell

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&Ms booster class has this real stupid fixation on getting established coaches because they want to replicate Bama taking Bear Bryant from us, so we never end up doing what we should do which is find a good up and comer and give him resources

Franchione getting hired away from Bama is the most obvious example of this and rumors for years have it that our AD wanted to hire some guy from Bowling Green named Urban Meyer but was overruled in that case

I want Mike Elko personally

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I wonder if there's ever been a mid-season game that had both coaches fired afterwards before

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Frankly Bjork should be out for signing up for that stupid-rear end contract in the first place but in any case its not my money

Thermos H Christ posted:

It’s insane. The whole point of this contract was they couldn’t get out of it. They were married to Jimbo, committed. They set it up where they couldn’t get emotional and fire him because nobody would do this to themselves. And then they just… did. They totally underestimated their own capacity to melt down this hard.

It’s like if Odysseus had his crew tie him to the mast so he could hear the siren song but not die, but then the chorus hit and he somehow ripped the mast off the boat and plunged face first into the water still tied to it.

To be fair given the talent he's recruited the results are so far beyond unacceptable that I don't think you can really chalk this up to just emotional reactions.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

would be v happy w this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I would phrase it as "Mark Stoops who has definitely hit his ceiling" vs "Mark Stoops who could have a higher one" personally