Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Godzilla07 posted:

Stoops was already making $9MM a year on his most recent Kentucky contract.

It's worth noting that Mark Stoops has spent most of the last 2 years complaining about Kentucky's NIL resources in football. It feels like a fine hire, though it felt like a Big Ten job or Florida/FSU would've been a more natural jump for him given his connections to Ohio and Florida, not Texas.

Yeah, I think NIL is a big reason for this. That and he probably hit Kentucky's ceiling already, especially with conference schedules getting even harder next year.

I'd love for him to stay, you can't beat the job security he has right now. With his age though, maybe he thinks that A&M buyout in a few years would make for a pretty nice retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
When I visited Rose-Hulman the Colts were using it as a practice facility. They showed us the cafeteria and the offensive line was in there taking a break. Those were some big dudes. But it did surprise me they had a football field and facilities at all.

It was way too expensive to seriously consider, but one of the selling points on the tour was that there was an all girls college not too far away to counter the male-female ratio at the school itself.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Is his gf still in Fayetteville?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Ocho Cinco interested in coaching at UK?

https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/1730610564726919529?t=XUkR1Eolr9sUdlNh02qJ4g&s=19

His daughter runs track there so not super far fetched. I'm all for it, even if it probably won't happen. There were rumblings of Ed Reed for the DB coach a few years ago, with Stoops having been Reed's position coach at Miami.

e:
https://twitter.com/GormleyPxP/status/1730653359315509259?t=UIID4D-qUIqDK9CBMpbUWg&s=19

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 1, 2023