Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not a surprise to anyone but Tucker is officially gone.

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1707066051752497647

Some fairly strong language that adds up to 'you loving dumbass' in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Komet posted:

Who are Michigan State's reasonable candidates?

Will Lance Leipold leave Kansas for a middling Michigan State or would he wait on a better job? We know MSU will pay, especially now that they fired Tucker with cause.

Narduzzi seems like an obvious candidate but seems like a perennial 8-4 type of guy. Pitt's poor start this year might diminish him somewhat.

Kleiman's apparently declared himself out after being named as a possibility. Which...I don't know how much of a possibility he actually was but saying so right off the bat is odd. Like I have no interest in dealing with that smoke.

As it is odd that Michigan State would possibly be looking at both of the coaches for Kansas schools, not saying either would be the worst hire it's just weird historically.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think anyone really thought this would be a thing but Feldman says Urban to Michigan State is not happening.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1709564093068419564

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

Art Briles

Gary Barnett

Not Michigan State related since that's an automatic no, but I could see someone talking themselves into Briles which has happened several times before massive backlash made them forget about the idea.

Gary Barnett has been gone so long I almost hope it happens just to see exactly how bad it would be. He's been gone long enough that all of his connections are gone, he wasn't really an innovator so much as a CEO from what I remember. He's absolute dirt and deserves nothing, but my sicko brain wants to see how bad this road could end. While hopefully not hurting anyone other than him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Since they made it official now I really really want Iowa to somehow turn into a 30-40 points per game offense out of nowhere for the rest of the season.

Chances of this happening are zero of course, but that would annoy a whole lot of people and just make everything even more awkward.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Urban has already been shot down for State I believe.

Michigan if things go way south, who knows?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Yeah. I remember back when it was first announced it came across as a coup for atm, but consensus quickly moved on to “actually all three parties involved are happy right now.” That number is currently down to two, though.

FSU had to go through a few goddamned things to get back to a good place it should be noted.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was for some reason under the impression that Chip Kelly always hated recruiting and just had good assistants and/or Nike bagmen on staff at Oregon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DC Murderverse posted:

Because hiring an Oregon State Coach worked so well by Nebraska

This one does show more signs of being good at the coaching thing I think. And as a bonus he's not coming off a 5-7 season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

If he doesn't end up taking the job I feel like he met a single booster, got a really nice steak and some wine. And then was instructed exactly how he was going to run the program from someone who has no experience in that. With the implication that going against any of these wishes would be the end of his career.

And if he's not lying to us about considering the job he made a business decision in his own interests, because he isn't hurting at UK.

That's gonna be my headcanon at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

A&M wasting their time with potential up-and-comer coaches when they should be shooting for proven natty winners. And I can think of the perfect coach to turn their program around.

He would oddly maybe fit in somehow? It wouldn't work of course, but I could see insane Aggies liking him quite a bit for the first season or two.