Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Adun posted:

There’s no way Elko is big enough of a name.

Elko has been getting a ton of buzz as a Future Guy and in a couple years he’s probably at the right level. Plus the connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Briles was getting fired from a euro team last I saw

Briles’ Guelphi di Firenze got wiped by the righteous Parma Panthers in the Italian Bowl this year.

It was in Toledo, OH. It was glorious.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I like the idea that Steve Adazzio is the non toxic option.

I’m certainly biased but I don’t see why Lanning would leave Oregon to take the A&M job.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Arnett is going to go be DC at USC, right?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rick posted:

I feel like Chip Kelly was really bad nearly the whole time at everything but recruiting. That team had some crazy talent at least that managed to win some games.

I don’t think of Chip as a particularly good recruiter in recent times. UCLA got a lot of portal talent. I guess that’s also recruiting, technically.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I think Lewis is heading for some kind of head coaching job. Not sure why he’d take another coordinator role.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Dabo to Michigan you heard it here first

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Yeah the whole thing is gonna cost north of 100 milly before ATM signs a single paycheck for any of the new coaching staff

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Traylor at Houston makes sense and seems a lot more likely to me than Traylor at ATM

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

5-7
8-5
5-7

seems like it's as good as it's gonna get in Urbana-Champaign IMO. That 8-5 season was their best since Zook.

The Bigger 10 is also going to be Bad for the Illini.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Tommy Rees sucks.

Gruden would be funny.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

“College football space” cmon son

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

General Dog posted:

What if they played the non-playoff bowls as the conclusion of spring practice? Give everyone a little spring break trip, give the fans a look at the early enrollees and their new coordinators systems in beta.

Man if you think the quality of bowls is bad now I don’t see how this is an answer.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

drunk leprechaun posted:

Hard pass. Lining up with the holidays is part of the appeal for me.

It’s true. We are expecting a baby so we are gonna be laying low and watching a poo poo ton of bad bowl games. CFB is the one sport that my wife actually likes. Pls don’t come early KG3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

drunk leprechaun posted:

Congrats! Hope all goes well with the baby and bowl game watching!

Remeber that you can watch espn events on your phone hours after the fact. I watched a lot of rugby in the wee hours up with our kiddo when she was a freshie. And none of it was live.

Thanks! That’s a good call, I’ve got the TV recording a bunch of stuff already but I’ll have to get the most of that ESPN+ subscription and watch like A-league soccer early in the morning.

dphi posted:

Congrats/good luck on the baby, and also congratulations on having a wife that enjoys cfb

Thanks! The monkeys paw is that she had to go to Michigan to get in to CFB and that made me a Michigan-adjacent Man :rip: