Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

I just worry it’s money that could’ve gone to Crisis Pregnancy Centers or the school choice lobby.

Qatar will replace the money, no worries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1724503491408732509

The rumors were inevitable

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/SSN_UH/status/1725210598005203408

So that's a sign

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

curried lamb of God posted:

please fire Dana

I don't think it's going to happen this year. Tillman Fertitta is on the record saying he's willing to write this year off as adjusting to the Big 12. There's no reason not to fire him now that the season's over on Saturday. Beat A&M to the punch getting Traylor, etc.

Dana is not recruiting Houston (or anywhere - UH has a sub-100 ranked recruiting class) and has made all kind of statements that sound like he's given up. Multiple underclassmen starters being openly lobbied to portal out. 2024's not going to be any better. I don't see why he should stay other than no one feels like paying a buyout.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 20, 2023

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

GD_American posted:

I've seen that poo poo happen in real life. "It turns out I was not authorized to make that offer" etc etc.

It's a lot funnier here

And the authorizing authority in this case is TexAgs

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I didn’t think that would happen this year with the 14 million dollar buyout but nothing about this year demonstrated this was just a rough adjustment year. It would cost a lot more to keep him. Other than the UTSA and Texas games and blowing out overmatched Sam Houston, UH showed no fight. This could have been a 1-11 year.

So, call Jeff Traylor I guess. UTSA needs to get a demonstration on life in the AAC. Another name getting thrown around today - Glenn Schumann at Georgia.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Wonder if we will end up a TAMU-UH knife fight over Traylor or if last night signals TAMU is too self important to hire a non-known-quantity.

If it becomes a knife fight UH loses. But fwiw Traylor said last year he wasn’t interested in coming to UH. Could be different situation now with Frank Harris gone.

And gently caress Dana Dimel.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Where do you think you guys look this go-round? I’d think your options are better now in the Big XII and you’ve got an established history of winning (even if Dana clearly mailed it in).
Hard to tell what the budget is but I guess it's going to be pretty high if UH is spending big to make Dana go away. This is going to be a rebuild job. Roster is looking pretty thin.

The names being thrown out so far are kind of lazy - Traylor, Willie Fritz (whom also has no interest), Gary Patterson (why), and Kliff Kingsbury. I think it'll be either be a coordinator from a top ten team (Bryan Hartline?) or a position coach with experience recruiting in Texas (Jeff Banks) and a ton of money for assistants.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 26, 2023

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1728865620413034882

Expectations were low and didn't even hit those. 10-26 over three years.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1729192251052671133

And they’re paying a 5 million dollar buyout to make this happen, that’s an astronomical number for a CUSA school

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Spacebump posted:

It is going to be weird if Houston gets Gary Patterson. I’d have to watch TCU Houston.

The street says he interviewed yesterday. Might be trying to get Willie Fritz in as well but the residual AAC guy in me says I sure hope not right now.

Obvious questions are me is how much does Patterson have in the tank? He obviously knows how to run a high end program but can he do it for the next five or so years without burning out again? What staff is he putting together? Is UH expecting a Kelvin Sampson sort of situation here? I know UH isn't going to be SMU in NIL and the portal, but is Patterson (who was vocally anti the portal at TCU) willing to at least try if UH is?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Looks like Houston is coming down to Willie Fritz, Jeff Traylor, and Barry Odom at UNLV. Fritz the frontrunner.

I feel icky poaching a AAC team for their coach in year one of the Big 12 era.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Yep, and that makes me think (hope) UH is going to wait for Tulane’s run to end before getting him in.

Barry Odom’s name is still being thrown around too. Getting to the MWC title game at UNLV is almost video game level achievement but he sure was mid at Mizzou.

Still feel icky.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

He's 63 so hopefully long enough to build UH like he's done everywhere else, and then turn it over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Spacebump posted:

https://x.com/tu_alphawave/status/1733978791389614553?s=46
Tulane needs to lock the old coach staff out already.

Kevin Sumlin did this when A&M poached him and it’s not loving cool

However I’m taking something that’s only appearing on Twitter with the usual rock of salt

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 12, 2023