Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Brent Key is going to be at Georgia Tech until/unless he commits multiple felonies.

Tech's broke. Key wasn't their first choice. They couldn't afford Willie Fritz. They could have had Fritz before Tulane beat UCLA as he had visited campus. They could afford Key. He's staying for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I hope it's a Tennessee thing from a few years ago where they shoot for the stars on a hire but their first five turn them down or implode. I live for that type of drama. And A&M will over overpay again for whoever they get so it's doubly hilarious. Other multipliers are in play because there are a ton of bad choices.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

If Lincoln Riley isn't gone tonight, he's gotta be gone at the end of the season, right?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Valdosta State's Tremaine Jackson' might be a pretty hot name coming up from Division II, especially if he wins next week.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

General Dog posted:

When you have one of the worst programs in FBS and bring in Terry Bowden, I'd say 4-8, 4-8, 2-10 maybe slightly exceeds expectations. I don't know who could've realistically expected better than that out of that hire.

If West Georgia would pony up a bit of money, Bowden would probably be a good fit as they move up to the Atlantic Sun and Division I next year. Bowden did well at North Alabama when they were still DII. But West Georgia doesn't want to pony up the money, which is why they have an opening now. David Dean stepped down at the end of their season.

Speaking of, give David Dean a decent budget and a small Division I/large Division II would do pretty decently with him.

e: Bowden's 67? He might just retire then.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Blast from the past

- New Mexico trying to hire Bronco Mendenhall

- Looks like Middle Tennessee is getting Derek Mason.