Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I can't see BOB going back to college. Penn State was unique in a couple of ways that made it worse than most college experiences, but he really did not enjoy the secondary job of booster gladhanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nard Dog now and forever please

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I can't even imagine that there's anything close to a reasonable ROI on that. Not even a non-financial one.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Not an emptyquote.

Eh, $4m seems low but it depends on what you're doing with your life. You can maintain an upper middle class lifestyle for 40 or 50 years. The problem is that you don't have the excess to really use all of the free time you have.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

C. Everett Koop posted:

I've been trying to will this since the start of the season. Join me my brothers in our Dabo to College station spirit bomb.

This has Monkey Paw written all over it

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Visiting teams have the option to invest the stadium and are declared the winner if Northwestern tries to leave for food.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I know the answer is money, but why would anybody take the Indiana job? The last 14 coaches have finished with losing records, it is actually impossible to win there. And that was before they had to play the Pac teams

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that if you're worse than Michigan State on average you're never seeing a winning conference record ever again

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

trevorreznik posted:

Iowa, Wisconsin

It feels weird to call these two garbage.

Wisconsin set the Big Ten Championship Game scoring record when they ended up staggering in as the third place team when Ohio State and Penn State were....otherwise occupied.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

punched my v-card at camp posted:

I think Indiana is set to benefit overall from the expansion just by escaping the B1G East. Between UM/MSU/PSU/OSU you have four programs who Indiana has collectively beat 6 times in the last two decades, three of which were Sparty in their various flop eras.

And two of them were Penn State and Michigan knee deep in listless pandemic teams.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kayakyakr posted:

Both an excellent hire and an insane hire. Kansas runs what is absolutely considered a gadget offense. It's somewhere between a triple option and the spread offense that Willie Fritz ran at SHSU (his offense has morphed a bit for Tulane, surprisingly).

It's not what I ever would have expected to be run at Penn State, but it's dastardly when you get good players in it.
That sounds like a good way to get Allar killed, so I'm not sure about that.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I like how the Citrus Bowl is called out by name.

And eight tickets honestly seems small?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Blotto_Otter posted:

live in an actual city

I'm not sure this matters to college football coaches, who would live in a diving bell at the bottom of the Arctic Ocean if it meant they could watch more film

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Forty-second coach?

I guess no one hangs around at that job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

This is how I see the bowls. These are the last ten teams Penn State has played in a bowl compared with the last time they played a regular season game.

Houston - 1977
Boston College - 2004
Georgia - never played in regular season
USC - 2000
Washington - 1921
Kentucky - 1978
Memphis - never played in regular season, first meeting
Arkansas - never played in regular season, first meeting
Utah - never played in regular season, first meeting
Ole Miss - never played in regular season, first meeting

I just like seeing match-ups you don't see very often or ever before.