Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Thermos H Christ posted:

At A&M he is, I think. A number of them miss his defenses and think of him as the one that got away. Also they may not be in a position to money whip a bigger name right after they shell out like $80m to fire Jimbo and his assistants.

aTm’s short a lot of things (sense, architecture, enjoyable surroundings) but money ain’t one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Thermos H Christ posted:

Most cities change in the course of 20 years. Neighborhoods rise and fall in desirability, sprawl stretches ever further, etc. But even the skyline of Austin is unrecognizable from 2003. The vibe is totally different. It’s gone from a sort of flaking barn wood and rusty corrugated metal aesthetic to a glass and chrome Tomorrowland. The vibrant city where normal people could make rent and pursue their passions is long gone. Tech bros flock there the way purveyors of white blues once did. Teslas own the streets downtown.

Yeah. I was home last year and there’s a loving Hermes store ON SOCO and that really hit home it’s a different town.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Thermos H Christ posted:

Fisher was rapidly wearing out his welcome at FSU anyway, wasn’t he?

Yeah. I remember back when it was first announced it came across as a coup for atm, but consensus quickly moved on to “actually all three parties involved are happy right now.” That number is currently down to two, though.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Komet posted:

I didn't know Lynchburg even had a Mellow Mushroom. I'm surprised someone from Liberty would show up to such a sinful place.

You know they hold the football players to more relaxed standards. They even let them hang out with black people.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

And he’s probably cheap while they get their new stadium built too.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Henchman of Santa posted:

Could have gotten the G6(?) autobid sometimes. Don't know if that's less realistic than MSU getting to the 12 team playoff in the new Big Ten

I hear you, but he’s moving from a G6 team to one that’s been in the original four team playoff

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Alaois posted:

i dont think i ever realized how much of an immaculate 70s Italian Guy Corso was

Approaching Nunzio Campanile levels indeed

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Roasted Donut posted:

This is a really loving weird settle for Lewis.

“Hi, would you like to be a millionaire in San Diego and have your job performance be measured against an already out-the-door Brady Hoke?”

Not to mention if Lincoln Riley can’t find a D.C, two good seasons and he’s the next guy at USC. Think it’s a drat fine job.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

LeeMajors posted:

Did I just see that USC hired UCLA’s DC to replace Grinch? drat what a kick in the teeth for the Bruins.

Good call though, they won’t have to face Cal going forwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Seems like a bit of a lateral move imo aside from money. Sumrall will do well there, but I'm not sure what Tulane will do for his profile that Troy wont

You move from the fourth or fifth best program in a state with two SEC teams to the second best in a state with one, you have more money, better facilities, a larger booster base and a better conference. It’s not the P5 but it’s not at all a lateral move.