Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

My sources say the death penalty for Northwestern football for Shrek hazing is being considered. I'm pro-Wildcat and it brings me no pleasure to report this.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Austin became no longer cool when I moved away in 2013.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine losing to 2023 northwestern lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Anals of History posted:

Nice to hear that the trial balloon failed. Can't imagine MSU making a worse decision in terms of optics. Maybe hiring the Bears' former DC would be a worse look than Meyer but that might be about it.

Pat Fitzgerald

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fitzgerald suing Nirthweatern for $130 million plus "emotional distress" damages. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38574639/pat-fitzgerald-suing-northwestern-130m-wrongful-termination?platform=amp

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i've seen enough

take the interim tag off of david braun

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Interim tag is off. David Braun is the head coach at Northwestern.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Given the absolute loving mess he inherited it's hard to imagine the team playing better.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

General Dog posted:

Not that I personally thought it was a big deal, but did he manage to distance himself from the t-shirt thing that happened shortly after he took the interim mantle, or has be just been good enough that everyone has politely agreed to forget about it?

he didn't say anything about the t-shirts. the coach wearing the t-shirt was the lovely offensive coordinator mike bajakian. Braun has basically said nothing of about the scandal publicly at all and has just been talking around it, but it is also important to note that the university president and athletic director said nothing publicly themselves and just issued press releases and then sent braun to be the first person to talk in front of the media at big ten media days. I'm sure behind the scenes he's a Fitz defender but he's been savvy enough to just never address it directly and he hasn't gotten a direct question about it other than just referring to vague "adversity" all season as far as I can tell.

if this dude can manage to run the program without weird sexual hazing and racism that would be pretty cool.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

I'm going to miss those dumb castle-like towers.

I love my 1920s dilapidated shithole stadium and think a new stadium for literally northwestern football is the dumbest poo poo I've ever heard.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's cheap, you can park on the street a few blocks from the stadium, and there's like 15 people there unless they're playing another big Midwestern team, it's like there's not a big ten football game going on at all, which fits the program.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is from a guy i've never heard of at the Daily Herald (a suburban chicago paper), who says that Northwestern also hired Braun because every single candidate they talked to flat turned them down except for Bronco Mendenhall who was interested. According to the article, the list of coaches who talked to Pat Ryan, Jr. (the main booster guy's son who is described in the column as the "jerry jones jr" of northwestern athletics good gravy) is:

Mike Elko, Lance Leipold, Dave Clawson of Wake Forest, Mike Kafka, Tommy Rees. Troy Calhoun, Paul Chryst and Willie Fritz.

Lol the Northwestern job is absolutely a downgrade for every single one of those guys except for Chryst who probably thinks he's got a shot somewhere better.

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/...-on-david-braun

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

to be fair, literally hiring any coach hasn't worked out for nebraska

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

I feel like if you can win at Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky, you can certainly win in Indiana.

it should be literally impossible to win a single big ten game at northwestern

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

yes ha ha ha YES
https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1729587776390135876?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bowls own, getting to a a lovely bowl is the only barometer of success for 95% of FBS teams, I love these weird, corrupt little rat guys that do nothing but skim money from them.