Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would say with Arizona Fisch is closer to an extension than he is the hot seat and I say that as he's on the verge of potentially only winning one more game this season. Arizona was so hosed up by Sumlin that I think everyone is ready to give some time to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like Chip Kelly was really bad nearly the whole time at everything but recruiting. That team had some crazy talent at least that managed to win some games.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I don’t think of Chip as a particularly good recruiter in recent times. UCLA got a lot of portal talent. I guess that’s also recruiting, technically.

Yeah like I'm honestly probably giving him credit for just doing the bare minimum of getting the recruits that UCLA gets for being UCLA and he might be a little below that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There's no way that Michigan State job isn't cursed. Stay away Beav.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

GD_American posted:

I've seen that poo poo happen in real life. "It turns out I was not authorized to make that offer" etc etc.

It's a lot funnier here

Big vibe.

Every time my friends try to get me a sweet gig the boosters (people who look at my resume) revolt.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Every Arizona space for the last week has been “Noooo Fisch is leaving!!!!!!” which is funny because I don’t see it anywhere out of the Arizona bubble…but those spaces are too nascent for me to tell them to chill.

Anyway it looks like he is about to get a giant extension even though the school is broke because they spent all their money on a bad bet on a second online school for some reason. That is gonna go over well once the “SPORTSBALL” crowd finds out but whatever I am happy.

https://x.com/jasonscheer/status/1729209427428044819?s=46&t=aKcI5w-ITyMblbTTR26ohw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

dphi posted:

I do wonder what would have happened if UCLA had pulled the trigger on firing Chip, seemed like that was a legit possible landing spot for Fisch. That or if Florida had fired Napier I guess.

Yeah that would have been a real possibility for sure, especially with the conference breakup sending them to separate places.