Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

I think if he won 6 or 7 games AND Texas had a really good season, the fear of living in our shadow in the SEC could loosen up the purse strings. The A&M fanbase seems to have a bit of a complex about being seen as little brother.

The Texas fanbase takes it for granted that we are better than A&M, so that definitely works both ways. Being in the same conference again is going to be wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

General Dog posted:

I guess I have a hard time projecting what Mark Stoops ceiling at A&M would be based on what his ceiling was at Kentucky, given the discrepancy in resources and ease of recruiting between the two.

Yeah you almost just need everyone on board to let the coach come in and get lucky, or have everyone so defeated that they just don't care anymore about whatever third option hire you are making (see Texas and Sark). A&M is not in a terrible spot at the moment, and the scheduling changes and playoff changes mean that they could get lucky with whoever and "turn it around," but I think too many are expecting some miracle hire that you just have to puzzle out to fix it all.