Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I guarantee every columnist with a Hot Seat column or segment is adding Saban this week with some joke header along the lines of "-458.67 DEGREES F"

(ie, one degree above absolute zero)

General Dog posted:

They were coming off an 8-4 season when he took over and immediately fell to 2-10. That’s John L. Smith caliber work.

Reminder- JLS is not the absolute pinnacle (nadir?) of this scale. 12-2 to 0-12 (with events behind the scenes that actually made it even worse) is the ur-example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol got me editing

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

You might as well perma-pencil in Kane Wommack for the rest of the year in any "hot G5 coaches to hire" discussions. Getting 10 wins out of South Alabama last year and then proving it wasn't a fluke (after manhandling OK State on Saturday) means he is gone gone gone somewhere at the end of the season.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

does a&m end with petrino as hc

Hmm what school has Texas A&M traditionally been known to share with/poach from in coaching

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Biloxi/Mobile/Pensacola is cheap as hell. Smaller cities, but the culture and food kinda box above their weight claass

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I applaud Michigan State dusting off the old "but what relation was he to Bear Bryant" criteria from Alabama coaching searches of the 80s and 90s, hadn't seen that kinda poo poo in a hot minute

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I had to give my wife about five minutes worth of context before showing her this and she died laughing

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Anals of History posted:

Can't imagine MSU making a worse decision in terms of optics. \

Ohhhhh I dunno about that.

There's still a Briles in the wild.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Briles was getting fired from a euro team last I saw

I looked up Jay Hopson (the USM coach who tried to hire him without asking the administrtion first), and discovered on his hilariously self-edited Wikipedia page that he's the CBs coach at USA now.

That would explain their regression.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Nothing says I want to clean up my organization's culture of power abuse and sexual misconduct like bringing in Urban Meyer

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

TAMU coaching searches are rad in that they not only hire a coach who will absolutely lose all passion for the profession because they HAVE to live in College Station, but they also derail the program they're poaching from for years

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Spaced God posted:

The people who give money to fire Jimbo would also be giving money to finance a paramilitary to go door to door looking for women who take birth control so this is probably the best use for it

Jimbo Fisher- Accidental Leftist Hero

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Dan Mullen's Mississippi State is basically what A&M has been for my entire life, just with the occasional five star.

This. Last conference title- 1998.

Mississippi State's last divisional title? 1998. (their last conference title- 1941)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I can't cheer for Kansas the same reason I can't cheer for Kentucky or UNC or Duke. A bloo bloo we're not good at both revenue sports

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

At first glance I thought that tweet was saying he was an Aztecs strength coach for 8 years and I thought "wow you guys are taking that family tree poo poo to some insane depths"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

Because hiring an Oregon State Coach worked so well by Nebraska

And, hilariously enough, also the Chargers.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I've seen that poo poo happen in real life. "It turns out I was not authorized to make that offer" etc etc.

It's a lot funnier here

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mississippi State and Jeff Lebby have the same skeezy vibe. A match made in a Circle K parking lot.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I know and understand that we will lose Kane Wommack but please God, not to Indiana

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Coaches to successfully use Indiana as a stepping stone job include... uh ... *checks notes*

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

No loving way. College football could never be that fun.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Is his gf still in Fayetteville?

No. She went to South Carolina and works for a teacher's union, and married the dude she was loving around on with Petrino.

https://twitter.com/PregameEmpire/status/1729594153225326844

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

General Dog posted:

What if they played the non-playoff bowls as the conclusion of spring practice? Give everyone a little spring break trip, give the fans a look at the early enrollees and their new coordinators systems in beta.

Why don't you and your ideas stay on the SEC side of the fence and the G5 schools can continue to enjoy their mid-December bowls without a visit from The Bright Idea Fairy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

We need a new thread, but I'd hate to just make my brand of low-effort bullshit OP since others have done sterling work before.