Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Get those kids on the phone with Make a Wish quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Aggie make a move on Harbaugh. Mostly because I think it'd be funny.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

pillsburysoldier posted:

TAMU coaching searches are rad in that they not only hire a coach who will absolutely lose all passion for the profession because they HAVE to live in College Station, but they also derail the program they're poaching from for years

I reiterate - Aggie, go for Harbaugh.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Qwijib0 posted:

finish dyche, imo

more castles!

Each home game, one lucky ticket holder gets to dump hot oil on the visiting team as they take the field

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rectal Placenta posted:

Be careful what you wish for

Wow that's a lotta testicles

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Metapod posted:

Counterpoint he only needs to coach 3 years now to get 10 years worth of salary

That's working smarter, not harder!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

it should be literally impossible to win a single big ten game at northwestern

I went to look up when Northwestern went to the Rose Bowl in the 90s (It was 1995 and I mostly remember it because my sister declared them to be her favorite team "Because they're purple"), but also LOL at the beginning of the season record table:

It's not at all a unique thing - at least in the Big Ten schools, but it's still funny to me that this sport was once just a buncha dudes named Arthur Cumnock, Charles Bigelow Storrs, or Bum McClung* who'd get together to go like 0-2 against teams like the Dayton Athletic Club or friggin' Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology**.

* OK, these dudes were on like national championship teams and not 0-2 "Buncha guys" teams, but they were just the easiest names to find and I am not seeing the name "Arthur Cumnock" and NOT sharing it.

** I've known two people who actually went there. Go Fightin' Engineers.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I'm shocked to learn Rose-Hulman has a football team

They were even playing against Indiana, Purdue, Vandy, and Notre Dame!

.. They lost their last game against Notre Dame (in 1914) 103-0

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

if I had to guess I’d say you’re gonna have Michigan, Ohio, Wash, Oregon, and USC as the top. Maybe MSU and UCLA if they ever get their poo poo together. Then you have the Cinderella stories really

James Franklin solving his "can't beat Michigan or Ohio State" problem by just adding more schools to the list so Michigan and Ohio State are more hidden

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Urban Meyer momentum of... Getting inexplicably evaporated by Iowa or Purdue? The Tressel momentum of getting to the national championship then getting evaporated by an SEC school?

I don't mind not having that momentum.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Who would they even target? They definitely would want to keep Hartline, dude just produces and croots the hell out of receivers.

Looking at the replies, the top three targets seems to be

1) Urban Meyer
2) Urban Meyer
3) Nabru Reyem

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Almost makes me feel sorry for him.

Someone post how much he'll be getting paid so I stop.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Azrial posted:

7M a year for 6 years, 75 percent guaranteed effectively.

I can't imagine what they were planning to pay Stoops he makes 9M a year at Kentucky.

My sympathy has vanished. He deserves Aggie.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

Ferentz is still there, and always will be.

The Cadaver Synod, but instead of a trial it's the signing for Kirk's contract extension

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Curt snatches a cup. "This is the cup of the King of Kings," he declares and drinks from it. Elsa screams as he grabs her, crimson and cream spreading over his body, the death rattle of "Indiana, Our Indiana" escaping his lips.

Lee Corso sighs. "He has chosen... Poorly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hard to argue with Sam's logic