Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Like 4 -7 9/lls if he could have gotten away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

The hotdog guy lmfao

A while back someone made a vectored version of it and I used it to make the glorious rear cover for the GiP dickbook

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

goodbye until next year, 9/11

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

CLAM DOWN posted:

goodbye until next year, 9/11

Should Old Acquaintance be forgot,
and never thought upon;
The flames of Love extinguished,
and fully past and gone:
Is thy sweet Heart now grown so cold,
that loving Breast of thine;
That thou canst never once reflect
On Eleven, Nine

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZ6HXIOmYE

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

It's always 9/11 somewhere!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

flubber nuts posted:

It's always 9/11 somewhere!

In the ultra-paranoid hearts and minds of small town Americans coast to coast

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i noticed the kicker in the jets game saluted 9/11 by hitting the uprights. they didn't collapse though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buce posted:

i noticed the kicker in the jets game saluted 9/11 by hitting the uprights. they didn't collapse though.

LOL. How funny is it that it's the Jets as one of the NY teams?

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Man I remember waking up in the morning and seeing like every channel doing a 24 hour report on the attack and saying "gently caress we are in another country and on the other side of the world this should not effect us but our rear end kissing pm is going to get us dragged into whatever bullshit that the Americans are going to do after this", it was one of those times I wish I was wrong

Anyways I found this drawing my brother made like 10 years ago.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
In the end we really were, September 11, 2001.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Watched the TV news all throughout chemistry class and assumed the rest of the day would be like that. But then in English class the teacher wouldn't let us watch the TV, because English was more important than 9/11. gently caress your short almost-definitely-dead rear end Ms. Pacheco.

".....there isnt a mr pacheco is there?"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

It turned out the true meaning of September 11 was all the 22 year old memes we collected along the way

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Remembering 9/11 has reminded me how early I used to be in the office. I was there at 8AM and that's with a 30-45 minute commute.

I have no idea how/why I once did it. Like, gently caress that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vampire Panties posted:

Also I worked with a guy who was a stock broker/trader on the Wall street floor when 9/11 happened, and its not my story to share but :stare: that made it real AF for me.

wtf then dont mention it? Now people gonna wanna know and you've just planeblocked us all!

JethroMcB posted:

The guy renting Dude, Where's My Car was living his best life while the wanna-be Dante Hicks writing this sounds insufferable.

There were a bunch of these back then I feel. I remember the acts of gord guy too as being eye rolling

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lol these guys killed thats my bush after 911 in a show of solidarity I think

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol these guys killed thats my bush after 911 in a show of solidarity I think

Stone and Parker have always been shitbrained contrarians with no real principles.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

lol was about to post this. I wonder if this is where bin laden got the idea

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
9/11 hysteria was super real. my mom went all in on it and it took a decade for her to stop wanting to put american flags on everything and eventually throw away the american flag magnet that was attached to her car. thankfully she's better now.

coincidentally, a few days ago while cleaning out some boxes with her, I found some propaganda from back then, including the notorious "terrorist cards" and this propaganda rag she undoubtedly bought at the checkout at the grocery store back then. would folks be interested in seeing the whole thing for an idea of the sorts of things that led to our current political climate, in this or a new thread? it's fascinating to me, obviously it's awful poo poo, but also imo an important relic of the time to give context to the brainworms that completely took over everyone back then.

"THE FACE OF THE ENEMY"

I'm almost positive I recently saw mention of this specific thing, of claiming a bunch of Brown People celebrating [anything] is actually REJOICING OVER THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICAN EVIL

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 12, 2023

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

coldpudding posted:

Words

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

9/11 hysteria was super real. my mom went all in on it and it took a decade for her to stop wanting to put american flags on everything and eventually throw away the american flag magnet that was attached to her car. thankfully she's better now.

coincidentally, a few days ago while cleaning out some boxes with her, I found some propaganda from back then, including the notorious "terrorist cards" and this propaganda rag she undoubtedly bought at the checkout at the grocery store back then. would folks be interested in seeing the whole thing for an idea of the sorts of things that led to our current political climate, in this or a new thread? it's fascinating to me, obviously it's awful poo poo, but also imo an important relic of the time to give context to the brainworms that completely took over everyone back then.

"THE FACE OF THE ENEMY"

I'm almost positive I recently saw mention of this specific thing, of claiming a bunch of Brown People celebrating [anything] is actually REJOICING OVER THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICAN EVIL

Yeah I wanna see more of this for sure, maybe in a different thread since this will soon be locked.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JayTeeT0dd/status/1256269034447912967

See yiz next year everyone!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

drat Jesus could have slapped that second plane right out the air but nah

rio
Mar 20, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

drat Jesus could have slapped that second plane right out the air but nah

That’s because as we can see in that photo, Jesus did 9/11

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

coldpudding posted:

Man I remember waking up in the morning and seeing like every channel doing a 24 hour report on the attack and saying "gently caress we are in another country and on the other side of the world this should not effect us but our rear end kissing pm is going to get us dragged into whatever bullshit that the Americans are going to do after this", it was one of those times I wish I was wrong

Lol I remember immediately knowing people were going to blame the US like their government has no agency despite being a tiny child

My thoughts were proved by greatest president ever Mr Chirac, who demonstrated that you do not in fact have to invade whoever the US tells you to invade, you can just not

And also got my rear end owned bc it was full freedom fries era and small children are apparently responsible for deciding which countries France attacks

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

*grips bowling ball with tear in eye*

At least one good thing must come from today

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Not the only one blessed with accuracy on that day

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Mistle posted:

Not the only one blessed with accuracy on that day

:doit:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NBFKw6aHzk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg6Oosn079I

So many bulk-rear end tube TVs everywhere.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

You Are A Elf posted:

So many bulk-rear end tube TVs everywhere.

It was the style at the time.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Grey Cat posted:

I don’t see anyone with an onion on their belt, though.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

“They didn’t have white onions because of the War on Terror. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.”

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

You Are A Elf posted:

I don’t see anyone with an onion on their belt, though.

Did we watch the same video?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Grey Cat posted:

The TVs were a product of their time, and are preserved for historical accuracy. We may not endorse those TVs, but offer them without censor or redaction, for cultural context.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Grey Cat posted:

Did we watch the same video?

lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Boys, the marketing department has come up with something to help fill out our summer programming schedule.

9/11 in July!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Weird thing I noticed in a rabbit hole of reading about 9-11 yesterday. People kept calling 911 to report a plan crashing into the world trade center for like 2 hours. At one point it seemed like there were more calls like "Caller reports a plane crash into a building" than calls from people in actual danger, trapped, etc.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

There's an interview with this guy

https://twitter.com/austinlouisray/status/1701231756404236798

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Animal-Mother posted:

Boys, the marketing department has come up with something to help fill out our summer programming schedule.

9/11 in July!

It gets earlier every year. Soon, we'll be seeing 9/11 decorations in April...