Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Y'all should strongly consider actually playing together, since you're doing it as a group and the multiplayer mod is so robust. Could make things very entertaining and unique.

https://outerwildsmods.com/mods/quantumspacebuddies/

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I don't think it would need any sort of milticam setup to be entertaining. Like you point out, it's better if you stay together. Mostly just more chances for things to go wrong in entertaining ways, in my mind, but I'm enjoying things regardless and looking forward to seeing more!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

The computer is actually really cool in terms of letting you put stuff together and figuring out what you learned, where, how, and where stuff still is. Very good ui even if most people don't ever bother to use it much, it feels like. Although I mostly used map mode myself, find it more useful than the rumour mode.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I genuinely wonder what would have happened if they had stayed in the planet after removing the core instead of going outside. They wouldn't have died, maybe, since it's protected - but assuming the weird glyph things are the memories being sent back and time rewinding, deactivating the project would have prevented that as well.

I got the dead ending before (managed to die in the tutorial the first time I played) but never tried that.

Also, do you all plan on adding the DLC as well, eventually, or just base game?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Can someone... explain the "scout launcher as solution to the anglerfish" mentality to me? This feels like the last streamer I watched and his "They're blind, that means we need to turn off the headlights!" and growing frustration that he kept getting eaten despite turning them off all over again.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Since you mentioned it in the video, I would strongly encourage installing the DLC now if you plan on doing it at all, it works better (imo) prior to beating the game than it does playing it afterwards. But it is basically its own entire game's worth of content, so if you're hoping for things to end soon then don't, hah, you'll be adding a lot of gametime with it.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Yeah, this is just sort of the last point where I'd recommend installing it if you're only playing once, but it would kill a lot of the momentum, you're right.

If you don't mind coming back and redoing stuff then having a break for a while and revisiting is probably better - though I'm actually kind of surprised you plan on doing it at all.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 4, 2023

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

If you do play the DLC I strongly encourage toggling that setting on, since it's a stream and it's practically more of a "reduce frustration" toggle than anything else. It should have just been enabled by default.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

You guys never actually visited the lakebed cave, right? Maybe I missed it, but I think you didn't. Not that you need to now or anything, you've got the info, I just remember that being one of my favorite bits of the game. Wouldn't have much impact to visit now though.

edit: Hah, I just got to the point in the video where you point it out

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 6, 2023

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

The game goes out of its way multiple times to specify the need for an outside observer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Wonderful! Thank you all so much!

I sort of want to see them do a bonus (maybe one of them solo?) episode where they go back to the high energy lab and the core of ash twin to poke around and do a bit more, get a bit of extra info and do the "fun stuff" in those locations. Maybe try to do a manual landing on the sun station and try out the eject button.

I'd also suggest they look for the Dark Bramble easter egg, spend a couple more hours with the anglerfish, but that would just be cruel. And they probably haven't played Elsinor, so it wouldn't mean anything to them.