Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Problem description: I updated a 2017 MacBook Pro to from Mojave to Ventura and now I see 2 versions of Machintosh HD in Finder. I'm certain this is gonna confuse me later when I try and put something on the disk and end up writing it to the wrong place.

Attempted fixes: I've restarted the device, and ensured FileVault was off as I thought that might make it look this way. Disk Utility says one of these is a "startup snapshot"

Recent changes: Used the normal system update utility to upgrade the OS

Operating system: macOS Ventura 13.5.2

System specs: 2017 MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU