Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Non Compos Mentis posted:

you know what would probably be good? a cow brush in your house, so you can rub against it

Oh my God, if I had one of these in my house, I'd be like a bear rubbing against a tree all day long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

maybealabia posted:

It's not funny because anyone thinks you're poor, it's funny that you feel the need to repeatedly bragpost pictures of your poo poo for everyone to be impressed by

:lol: If you think I am bragging about anything. I have nothing to brag about, this is 100% projection.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Three Olives posted:

:lol: If you think I am bragging about anything. I have nothing to brag about, this is 100% projection.

your partner has to be the most forgiving person on the planet considering your constant cheating on them with your own ego

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

R.L. Stine posted:

your partner has to be the most forgiving person on the planet considering your constant cheating on them with your own ego

Nope, we pretty just much cook chicken with our tchotchkes without thinking much about what poster R.L. Stine thinks about our kitchen decor.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

lmfao yeah you got me

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

sorry. i shouldn't make fun. here's a pic of my expensive monitor as a gesture of good will

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

R.L. Stine posted:

sorry. i shouldn't make fun. here's a pic of my expensive monitor as a gesture of good will

Maybe the guy who pulled up this thread on his computer, put it in the sink and turned the water on top of it is being too serious...

My dude...

edit: Just caught the expensive monitor dig...

Gurl... Sit down.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 9, 2023

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

6 screens, 2 penguins, and 1 cone-bro training apparatus

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Flowers for QAnon posted:

6 screens, 2 penguins, and 1 cone-bro training apparatus

I think the printer's display should count too.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

lmao

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This thread isn't about Three Olives, and I would like to ask everybody to stop acting like it is. This includes you, too, 3O - most of what you've posted so far has been fine, but let's not have things devolve into mainly being about you.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

A working toilet is pretty life-enhancing imo, not sure how all of those medieval peasants got by

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Literally anything but writing text?

Statements don't get question marks.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

A working toilet is pretty life-enhancing imo, not sure how all of those medieval peasants got by

Went to the Vasa Museum the other day (way cooler than I expected), and for a bigass wooden ship they had like two semi-toilets. Otherwise, if you had to go, just lean over the edge and let ‘er rip.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what did they wipe with

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
If toilets were sentient, would you prefer it if they liked their job or nah?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Zzulu posted:

what did they wipe with

A bowl, water and towels. If you were high enough up the social ladder you may have had an assistant called the Groom of the Stool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groom_of_the_Stool

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jestery posted:

If toilets were sentient, would you prefer it if they liked their job or nah?

That depends, can they close shop or do they have to sit there and take it?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

McSpanky posted:

That depends, can they close shop or do they have to sit there and take it?

They got to sit there and take it

Edit
"Help my toilets are unionising"

Jestery fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 9, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
would you be able to replace your toilet and would you be able to find out if it were a coprophiliac before you bought it?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Since this is the toilet thread/ small details (that many people might know about), those gel things you can put in your toilet bowl really enhance the experience imo

It smells like oranges when I sit down to post and poop (but I repeat myself)

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

this room is far too small for this situation so it just comes off as claustrophobic

bad feng shui, gross feels, would not enjoy. nothing has room to breathe - the space between objects is as important as the objects themselves, if not moreso. this has got Animal Crossing 'lined everything up against the walls for maximum usage of space' vibes. not even joking when I say this whole thing needs to be reorganized.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 9, 2023

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jestery posted:

:whip::destiny:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Jestery posted:

Edit
"Help my toilets are unionising"

I wouldn't want to be on the other side of a toilet revolution-- you know toilets keep grudges

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Keep posting, we should turn this into a 3Overhaus thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

StarkingBarfish posted:

Keep posting, we should turn this into a 3Overhaus thread.

Load-bearing vertically-mounted TVs

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
If you do home pickling, a pickle pipe (silicone lid that only lets air out of the jar) is a life enhancement because then you don't have to have the lid lightly sealed risking air getting in and botulism forming.

You can also just go to the store for your pickled goods but homemade usually tastes best.

I've also seen pickle Rick pipes at the gas station by me. I don't know if a tired gimmick is going to be life enhancing for doing hits of the devil's lettuce but your mileage may vary.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I don't pickle but I occasionally ferment hot sauces from peppers.

I switched from fancy jar burping systems or caveman weighted plates to just vacuum sealed bags. (Food saver brand)

If the gas builds up too much just cut a corner off and then reseal.

I've got a giant fermentation crock as well I need to try and make 2 lbs or so of kimchee or sauerkraut someday, I've only ever used it for cold brew so far.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

chainchompz posted:

If you do home pickling, a pickle pipe (silicone lid that only lets air out of the jar) is a life enhancement because then you don't have to have the lid lightly sealed risking air getting in and botulism forming.

You can also just go to the store for your pickled goods but homemade usually tastes best.

I've also seen pickle Rick pipes at the gas station by me. I don't know if a tired gimmick is going to be life enhancing for doing hits of the devil's lettuce but your mileage may vary.

These are good. I have a lid for jars with a precise, grommeted hole in the top that's meant for an airlock to get stuck in (same idea as what you said) to let air out but let nothing in. It's great. I would also recommend a fermentation weight for some occasions. It's just a stone or glass thing you put on top of the pickling ingredients to make sure they stay below liquid level. I use it for sauerkraut :shrug:

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

teen witch posted:

Went to the Vasa Museum the other day (way cooler than I expected), and for a bigass wooden ship they had like two semi-toilets. Otherwise, if you had to go, just lean over the edge and let ‘er rip.

to be fair no one got to use either the toilets or poo poo off the edge of the vasa considering it sank 10 minutes into its maiden voyage.

but yeah that museum rules

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Catastrophe posted:

These are good. I have a lid for jars with a precise, grommeted hole in the top that's meant for an airlock to get stuck in (same idea as what you said) to let air out but let nothing in. It's great. I would also recommend a fermentation weight for some occasions. It's just a stone or glass thing you put on top of the pickling ingredients to make sure they stay below liquid level. I use it for sauerkraut :shrug:

I have basically this exact setup, and it rules. Like 30ish bucks for 4 quart sized jars worth of kraut or sour pickles or whatever. Totally worth it considering decent sauerkraut is like :10bux: per. Still need to try my hand at kimchi.

Edit: that's 30ish for the set of four airlock lids and four decent glass fermentation weights.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Anyone have any life-enhancing objects to deal with dog turds in the yard? That would probably be the biggest life-changing thing for me right now saving me 1-2 hours playing turd hunt with a shovel each week. We own the shittingest dog I've ever seen. I should be thankful he's always regular, but Jesus Christ.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Anyone have any life-enhancing objects to deal with dog turds in the yard? That would probably be the biggest life-changing thing for me right now saving me 1-2 hours playing turd hunt with a shovel each week. We own the shittingest dog I've ever seen. I should be thankful he's always regular, but Jesus Christ.

You bagging or just tossing in the woods? I find just walking around with a roll of bags is easier than trying to use a scooper or shovel. I have three dogs so I gotta do it everyday or every other day at most.

Apparently they also make DIY doggy septic systems that you can dig a hole for but I don’t know much about those.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Are you finding them chewy or stringy? You could try julienning them before cooking if tenderness is a concern.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Yeah hire someone else to do it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah hire someone else to do it

This. Exploit the neighborhood children. Or your own if you got 'em.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Kirk Vikernes posted:

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/how-potty-train-your-dog-or-puppy

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I have a yard I can let my dog into but got him on a schedule with his walks where the poop happens then and I just bag it and trash it, worked out better for me as my yard is all rocks and it’s a big hassle to get ‘em up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

https://www.michaels.com/product/15-animated-skeleton-cat-decoration-by-ashland-10716003

It's 50 percent off because there already selling Christmas poo poo.

This cat makes horrible sounds and lights up and has a motion activation camera so it goes off if someone walks in front of it

Edit: it's a scary cat statue that has a motion sensor and when you walk in front of it it moves its head and screams at you and crazy cat meows