Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

the holy poopacy posted:

lol remember when Lowtax would barge into pitbull threads and throw a hissy fit about people talking poo poo about pits

"Pits don't kill people, guns kill people, see look!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Good ban. Idiots of the "it's never poochie woochie's fault, all dogs are good boys" should be thrown to a pack of the worst pit bulls, IMO.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i love bull breeds, they are super sweeties. but i do think they should be banned, even if 1 in 100000 bites a kids face off I think we prolly don’t need that

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Everyones dog is the exception to the rules up to and often beyond the point their dog eats a face.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Edit: I'm being too sweeping, ironically.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 16, 2023

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I don't think it's unreasonable to require a license for a dog over a certain size of head/jaw or something. Requiring they be neutered and kept securely leashed in public is a good idea.

A big pitbull lost it in the local park about 18 months back, tore up and killed another dog and threatened to attack some families and children. Park had to be evacuated and the police turned up and had to shoot him because he was ready to gently caress up animal control when they arrived.

This is ostensibly part of Britain too, so you know how loving bad it has to get before armed cops get called out.

Any dog can flip, but when a Jack Russel or a spaniel goes psycho killer they can barely get their mouth around an ankle let alone crush your skull in their jaws.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Wizard Master posted:

Have you guys heard about this? Apparently the UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has vowed to ban the controversial Bully XL breed, saying the dogs were "a danger to our communities" and would be banned by the end of the year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66820591

A dog's temperament and behavior are influenced more by upbringing and training than by its breed.

What are your guys thoughts?

Any animal capable of grave boldly harm to a human should not be legal to have as a pet.

Darse
Jan 14, 2008
Wake up young man.
I see no problem in banning assault dogs with high capacity jaws.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I didn't read the thread but I'm hoping the dog being banned is OP lmao gotem

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

UK owners of existing American XL bully dogs face new rules but no cull

The UK’s chief veterinary officer has stressed there will be an amnesty before a ban on American XL bully dogs, after an expert said the breed was behind almost half of all attacks on humans and dogs killed since 2021.

An amnesty for XL bullies would mean existing animals were not culled, but owners would be required to register and keep them leashed and muzzled in public, Christine Middlemiss said.

I do think this issue is a bit of misdirection and distraction by the Tories.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Oh no!

Now what dog can I buy that will go with my black tee shirt and tattoos to prove how tuff I am????

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Extra row of tits posted:

Oh no!

Now what dog can I buy that will go with my black tee shirt and tattoos to prove how tuff I am????

I prefer the friendly looking dog who’s actually a vicious bastard. The evil and stupid Chow Chow.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I love to own mutant dogs bred for petty humans. I love to live at the end of a chain of incredible animal misery.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Szyznyk posted:

I prefer the friendly looking dog who’s actually a vicious bastard. The evil and stupid Chow Chow.

God drat it, I actually have a chow. A red male named “Ching”

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Extra row of tits posted:

God drat it, I actually have a chow. A red male named “Ching”

I’m only prejudiced because one bit me through the face. A pit/chow mix. My parents should have went to jail.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sid Vicious posted:

well nooner, some people want a healthy pet

These dogs are super inbred too

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

DickParasite posted:

lol at the UK's schools are collapsing and this is how their PM spends his time

Turns out the schools are collapsing since a bunch of Bully XL dogs were hired as architects in the 1970s.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I had a weird dream last night there was an XL Bully outside my old house and it just gentle nibbled at my dog and then on my arm, but I still got all distressed and upset by the ordeal.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

ReelBigLizard posted:

A big pitbull lost it in the local park about 18 months back, tore up and killed another dog

This is my nightmare. I have a 15 pound Chihuahua/Min-Pin and I always worry about this.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

This is my nightmare. I have a 15 pound Chihuahua/Min-Pin and I always worry about this.

Get it some karate lessons, teach it how to fight

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Only a good guy with a bully xl can stop a bad guy with a bully xl. RIP Michael Vick.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I’ve always found the cognitive dissonance of anti-gun leftist pitbull owners/advocates to be amusing. All your anti-assault weapon arguments should apply to pits as well. Restrict/regulate both because the universe of people who would get someone killed with a gun and fail to train/control a potentially violent dog is a circle.

But nah, their babies could not possibly be considered dangerous weapons.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 16, 2023

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Saltpowered posted:

I’ve always found the cognitive dissonance of anti-gun leftist pitbull owners to be amusing. All your anti-assault weapon arguments should apply to pits as well. Restrict/regulate both because the universe of people who would get someone killed with a gun and fail to train/control a potentially violent dog is a circle.

“I’ve got a cane corso and an AK-47. Who want war?”

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

These dogs are a menace and right to be banned. Getting them off the streets and into muzzles is really the right call. Only thing I really worry about taking the kids to the park is someones 70kg, terminally insane and psychopathic dog getting off leash.

For reference in the last twelve months, these dogs have made up less than a fraction of 1% of dogs in the UK, but have caused 75% of the fatal dog attacks.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Getting in on the semiannual pit bull deathmatch thread to say: please be nice to animals.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

so, when the same loving cunts that abuse dogs just switch to Rottweilers or something similar later in the decade we'll just ban that too, aye?

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I’m surprised some people argue that it’s not okay to ban certain breeds of dog. No sane person would be against banning the ownership of some types of animal - say, wild or endangered animals.

Arguing that it’s just a type of dog is like saying a California Condor is just a type of bird, and I can own a pet cockatiel, so logically I should be able to own a condor, right?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

the holy poopacy posted:

lol remember when Lowtax would barge into pitbull threads and throw a hissy fit about people talking poo poo about pits

I do. He gave me a custom title for posting collected data about dog attacks. What a dumb, dead oval office.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Halisnacks posted:

I’m surprised some people argue that it’s not okay to ban certain breeds of dog. No sane person would be against banning the ownership of some types of animal - say, wild or endangered animals.

Arguing that it’s just a type of dog is like saying a California Condor is just a type of bird, and I can own a pet cockatiel, so logically I should be able to own a condor, right?

What do you mean I can't just have 3 baby pandas in my house?
Baby black rhino falls out of the cupboard it was concealed in

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ban dog ownership, it oughta go the way of owning horses.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The dogs are innocent and probably nice and good to pet but we humans shouldn't cause them to exist

That doesn't seem terribly extreme

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
what other gentle and friendly breed are they going to ban next? Fat Yankee XL Mega Killer From Hell? Baby Hunter? Walking Living Bear Trap? John Woo's Face/Off? Usually Such A Sweetie, I Don't Know What Happened?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

what other gentle and friendly breed are they going to ban next? Fat Yankee XL Mega Killer From Hell? Baby Hunter? Walking Living Bear Trap? John Woo's Face/Off? Usually Such A Sweetie, I Don't Know What Happened?

I’m looking for a UK dealer for my Timberwolf Husky hybrid puppies.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BklA7vNoMS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uwssUOhMaA

Seth Edit: did you even look at the thumbnail?

BV Edit: Yes, the girl in the video openly talks about her ordeal, and does not want to hide her face. But still, sorry about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrkqRS2K2VI

Bula Vinaka fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 17, 2023

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ban dog ownership, it oughta go the way of owning horses.

We really need more progress normalizing eating horse before we throw dog into the mix, tbh.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I agree that XL americans should be discouraged from international travel

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sid Vicious posted:

well nooner, some people want a healthy pet

I highly doubt these dogs are healthy. They looks misshapen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
I worry that Canadian Bully XL’s will inadvertently be caught by any ban. They are very polite dogs and always apologise after mauling a toddler.