Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

How do you train a dog to eat the right color child?

What a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

No. 6 posted:

How do you train a dog to eat the right color child?

What a snipe

:eyepop:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I mean they called it a bully XL it's a breed created by scum for scum.

Shoot the breeders, shoot the owners, poor dogs get refugee status

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
a good dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADjV9jDCqkQ

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Private Cumshoe posted:

Do you meet these people often? I'd just try to avoid them tbh

I work in technology so unfortunately all the time.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Goofy was a bully xl and he’s still beloved despite frantically mauling half of the disney cast

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wizard Master posted:

Have you guys heard about this? Apparently the UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has vowed to ban the controversial Bully XL breed, saying the dogs were "a danger to our communities" and would be banned by the end of the year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66820591

This comes in the wake of a series of vicious and widely-publicized attacks by the breed, with the latest a 52 year old man who died in the attack.

Banning controversial dog breeds like pit bulls is a complex and contentious issue, and there are valid arguments on both sides - on one hand, banning dangerous breeds can help protect the public from potentially dangerous dogs. Breeds such as pit bulls have been involved in a disproportionate number of severe dog attacks, and banning them may reduce the risk of such incidents. However, critics argue that breed-specific bans are ineffective because they focus on the breed rather than the individual dog's behavior. A dog's temperament and behavior are influenced more by upbringing and training than by its breed.

What are your guys thoughts?
A lot of dangerous dogs are misidentified as pit bulls. Anybody who works with, or has worked with, animals in the US is aware of this.

I have no clue what the “bully XL” breed is, but with “XL” in the breed name, I imagine the majority of the owners are idiots who are incapable of putting in the time and energy to make beans sprout. Giving a poo poo about raising their dogs to not be a danger is far beyond them.

They should pass a law to rename the breed something like “Symbol of Insecurity Terrier”.
Or “Duncecap Hound”.
Or “A lot of Questions Answered by my ridiculously overpowered new dog breed in an age where humans don’t need new dog breeds for fighting because dog fighting is barbaric Dog”

I should probably eat. Just gonna plop this old comedy sketch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks6xjMT3LNo

Edit: after reading up on how recently they’ve been introduced to the UK, I support the ban with the dangerous dog act grandfather clause. All of the American bulldogs I’ve met in the states have been happy licky puppies on a grand scale. This was working at veterinary offices where they are far less likely to live with humans that don’t actually give a poo poo about their dog, though.

I do not hunger for dog death, however, which tends to be what people who are gleeful about breed-specific legislation are actually hoping for.

Strategic Tea posted:

Bad dog asylum for the criminally insane pooch.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 18, 2023

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m guessing that you can’t own a clydesdale and walk it around most cities without some kind of reason or special permit, which with being big and stampy

there should probably be restrictions on large dogs too

go live on a big farm if you want big pets

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

$1500/year licensing fee for outdoor cats per cat

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

naem posted:

I’m guessing that you can’t own a clydesdale and walk it around most cities without some kind of reason or special permit, which with being big and stampy

there should probably be restrictions on large dogs too

go live on a big farm if you want big pets

Already there. Although the dogs aren’t mine. My housemate owns the place and periodically receives calls from the shelter to see if she can take difficult to place older dogs.

Also, i think all of the big dogs here are with you on the big dogs should only live on farms thing, since they all came from situations where they were on a chain 24-7 or kept in a kennel the majority of their lives prior to coming here.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 18, 2023

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

ban the deed not the breed

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It's not fair that there's so few laws against big dogs but so many laws against big cats.

I think the kind of people who get bully XLs would be far happier with a Siberian tiger.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Honestly it's a pretty fair comparison. People would likely balk if you told them you have a free roaming tiger as a pet (hes a big softie, honestly) but if you said "i have a 70 kilo murder hound that keeps pulling fences and doors down to attack people and animals on the other side" peoples brains seemingly shut down and they go "oh how adorable!!!!!!!"

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I wonder if the dogs that attacked people were neutered. I’ve never seen a breed at the dog park that always caused trouble, but I’ll leave when someone brings an intact large dog. They always start poo poo. I’m pretty sure it’s just that if you have a dog that’s not neutered, you’re the kind of owner who won’t train your dog either.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

r u ready to WALK posted:

It's not fair that there's so few laws against big dogs but so many laws against big cats.

I think the kind of people who get bully XLs would be far happier with a Siberian tiger.

They should get chimps. Walking one of those bad boys around the block on a leash is probably a real power trip.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

pencilhands posted:

ban the deed not the breed

i agree, ban the deed of owning pit bulls. thx for being the voice of reason on this issue

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Breeding is the deed

:quagmire:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Strategic Tea posted:

They'll be taken to live on a far away farm. Unless they kill each other in a fit of xl bully rage, in which case they'll get to live on another farm.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/charliehtweets/status/1704778919432352060?newtwitter=true

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what's next, are they gonna ban the tiktok woman with the huge gape from entering the country?

slippery slope

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I read this news and was thrilled: “Finally, a major country in the English-speaking world is going to take animal cruelty via breeding of deformed animals seriously and ban a dog breed for looking like they can barely waddle.”

But then I read they were just doing it because the breed had eaten several toddlers and thus while banning it is good, it’s not what I’d hoped for.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Et tu, bullie?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

there's gonna be a mass dog riot

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

what's next, are they gonna ban the tiktok woman with the huge gape from entering the country?

slippery slope

TAKE OUT THE TRAAAAAAAASH
*skin melts off skeleton mortal kombat style*

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
labradors are nice why not get one of them?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the scots invented sheep and golden retrievers, two very fluffy animals that make fine pets. maybe brits should look into this?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

no eurocrat going to make me buy a forrin dog

Love :britain:

Love deathbullpitX+7

Simple as

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Stink Billyums posted:

my niece's pug can't run or it'll faint

Mine could run and then some. Active as hell and had a lean taper like a greyhound.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Pitbull Breeder: "Oh yeah, we cull the puppies who don't show aggression to other dogs at 6 months old. So cute!!"

Also Pitbull Breeder: "How dare you infer these dogs might be more aggressive!"

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Oh no! That’s scheduled for the same day that I’ve organised the Birmingham toddlers’ society steak carrying parade!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Oh no! That’s scheduled for the same day that I’ve organised the Birmingham toddlers’ society steak carrying parade!

This is the one thing we didn't want to happen...

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i believe thats its not the pitbulls that are the problem, its the people who really only want to own specifically pitbulls

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Listen, they were originally nanny dogs. Why do they have the most muscular head and massive jaws I've ever seen on a dog of that size? Nah, don't worry about it, not relevant.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Listen, they were originally nanny dogs. Why do they have the most muscular head and massive jaws I've ever seen on a dog of that size? Nah, don't worry about it, not relevant.

ya man, they used to be used to hunt bears and poo poo, of course theyre going to have big mouths with muscular heads. however, shitheads bred more aggressiveness into them because the total munches who buy em want that. if the customer base wasnt comprised of big pieces of poo poo, they'd probably have gone the way of the weiner dog, who was bred to crawl into badger holes and kill badgers

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
ban pitbull owners instead imo

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Someone should go to this and shout "chopper, sic balls"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdpkec-Rj4I

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

They should get chimps. Walking one of those bad boys around the block on a leash is probably a real power trip.

Hahaha. I can picture it in my head.

I mean, why not? They're even smarter than dogs! They seem to grin a lot like they're generally happy. What's the worst that could happen? I'm sure it would be fine.

:downs:

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cu