Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrQwerty posted:

One time, a while after the swamp cooler incident, a rabbit died in the culvert under the exit of the driveway of that house in the middle of the summer. One day there was a faint smell, and then all of a sudden it was just wafting through the swamp coolers and we were going NO, NOT AGAIN.
My brother, dad and I tracked it down on day 4, when it was getting unbelievably rank, and found a liquefying cottontail right at the entrance of one side of the culvert tube. My brother and I then put on N95s and gloves, because my dad is such a baby about smells, and proceeded to scoop it in a shovel and run it to the then-empty acre lot of desert next door.
Both of us threw up on the way, and threw up on the way back after it popped when we tossed it, just from the sheer stench. We were passing the shovel to and from like we were loving Chernobyl liquidators or some poo poo, it was so, so, so bad.

Is this ChatGPT failing the turning test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

So cut a hole in the wall, take the rat out, and then patch up the hole?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sounds like you need a new rat, op

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I managed to seal all the joints in the wall boards and the smell immediately vanished.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Two tubes of caulk.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

A whole rear end enclosed ecosystem is gonna develop in your wall

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we spend our whole lives building walls, and never stop to think of the cost

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

PinheadSlim posted:

A whole rear end enclosed ecosystem is gonna develop in your wall

also how does the caulking work look

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No. 6 posted:

I managed to seal all the joints in the wall boards and the smell immediately vanished.

Think you might wanna revisit this choice later.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

That rat is gonna rot inside my Tupperware wall and like it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

No. 6 posted:

That rat is gonna rot inside my Tupperware wall and like it

you're not tho lmao

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Didn't Poe wright a story about this??

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I doubt I'll ever see or smell it again

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

No. 6 posted:

that's the hope and the goal

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Hollismason posted:

I saw a small mouse in my house last night so I grabbed the broom and attempted to murder it. I was not successful but I am going to go adopt a cat to kill it then return the cat.

Or find a friend with a pet ferret.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bored posted:

Or find a friend with a pet ferret.

And what happens when you need the cat dead? An owl? A hawk? Some kind of tropical snake??

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

No. 6 posted:

Praying for you that other pests and bugs do not swarm the rest of the house

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m glad of it op

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Punch through the drywall like a chad and rip the rotten rat right out!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just put some snakes in your walls.

We used to have giant masses of snakes under the deck/skirts of my childhood home, and they were a good line of defense against the rats making their way over from the nearby corn silo.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
I had a rat die in the vents and then a couple weeks later my girlfriend called me at work and said, “We have flies,” and I just rolled my eyes and figured she was exaggerating. But it turns out I was the rear end in a top hat because we had about 200 flies in the kitchen and I spent the better part of an hour killing them with one of those electric zappers that looks like a tennis racket.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Deki posted:

Just put some snakes in your walls.

We used to have giant masses of snakes under the deck/skirts of my childhood home, and they were a good line of defense against the rats making their way over from the nearby corn silo.

Large ravens in the attic

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoonshineWilly posted:

I had a rat die in the vents and then a couple weeks later my girlfriend called me at work and said, “We have flies,” and I just rolled my eyes and figured she was exaggerating. But it turns out I was the rear end in a top hat because we had about 200 flies in the kitchen and I spent the better part of an hour killing them with one of those electric zappers that looks like a tennis racket.

Imagine not noticing a a decaying rat in your vent for weeks and rejecting the idea that having a noticeable population of flys in the kitchen might not be "normal".

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

redshirt posted:

And what happens when you need the cat dead? An owl? A hawk? Some kind of tropical snake??

Why would I need something to kill the cat. The cat is fine. I'm going to get a cat , it will kill the mouse, I will return the cat.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

redshirt posted:

A dog!

I'm pretty sure I remember how this song goes.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Imagine not noticing a a decaying rat in your vent for weeks and rejecting the idea that having a noticeable population of flys in the kitchen might not be "normal".

"Our kitchen is full of flies"

"Honey, surely you are exaggerating, is it seriously more than the normal number of flies in our kitchen, I don't believe you."

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tryna cop a rat trap

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

MrQwerty posted:

One time, a while after the swamp cooler incident, a rabbit died in the culvert under the exit of the driveway of that house in the middle of the summer. One day there was a faint smell, and then all of a sudden it was just wafting through the swamp coolers and we were going NO, NOT AGAIN.
My brother, dad and I tracked it down on day 4, when it was getting unbelievably rank, and found a liquefying cottontail right at the entrance of one side of the culvert tube. My brother and I then put on N95s and gloves, because my dad is such a baby about smells, and proceeded to scoop it in a shovel and run it to the then-empty acre lot of desert next door.
Both of us threw up on the way, and threw up on the way back after it popped when we tossed it, just from the sheer stench. We were passing the shovel to and from like we were loving Chernobyl liquidators or some poo poo, it was so, so, so bad.

I never understand stories like this. why didn't you just not breathe through your noses

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If my options are smell death and taste death I'm opting for smell every time.

I don't walk into a bathroom someone just poo poo in and start taking big gulps of air through my mouth as if that's better because that sounds loving crazy to me

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

why your wall have slats

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

PinheadSlim posted:

If my options are smell death and taste death I'm opting for smell every time.

I don't walk into a bathroom someone just poo poo in and start taking big gulps of air through my mouth as if that's better because that sounds loving crazy to me

:dafuq:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Here's a nice song to make you feel better, OP.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HsPzOF6UL5s

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

drat dude it's not hard, read more better

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bluemillion posted:

Punch through the drywall like a kyle and rip the rotten rat right out!

fixed

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Buce posted:

why your wall have slats

Was thinking the same thing. Looks like exterior siding, but inside.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

PinheadSlim posted:

drat dude it's not hard, read more better

the meaning of your post is not difficult to interpret through your words, it's just that what you are saying is bizarre

what about breathing through your mouth means you have to "taste death"? if you don't breathe through your nose then you can't smell, and that being the case you certainly can't taste through smell.

equally, what about breathing through your nose means you have to take "big gulps of air"? you just close your palate and breathe normally.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

smell ya later rat

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Buce posted:

why your wall have slats

Because the inside used to be outside. My office space is a converted "Florida Room"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hammerite posted:

the meaning of your post is not difficult to interpret through your words, it's just that what you are saying is bizarre

what about breathing through your mouth means you have to "taste death"? if you don't breathe through your nose then you can't smell, and that being the case you certainly can't taste through smell.

equally, what about breathing through your nose means you have to take "big gulps of air"? you just close your palate and breathe normally.
Breathe happier, and with your mouth open.