Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
this is a fuckin weird thread

sorry bout your dead rat problem OP

wait i see you apparently solved it

congrats OP on solving your dead rat problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

what was that stuff they put under their nostrils during the dissection scene in silence of the lambs

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
How do you know it's a rat?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Sorry OP, it's not a rat. My teleporter experiment succeeded and I'm beaming my turds into your wall from my colon.

I'm going to keep doing it, so prepare your defenses accordingly.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Hammerite posted:

I never understand stories like this. why didn't you just not breathe through your noses

We didn't.
You ever dealt with an animal in a state of decay where the smell permeates everything?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I bet if you released more rats into the wall, they will eat the dead rat.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Serves him right for snitchin

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Poor rat. Probably had a heart attack or a stroke in a place where it couldn't get any help and died alone and in fear. Not a good way to go.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

No. 6 posted:

Because the inside used to be outside. My office space is a converted "Florida Room"

concerning

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Grey Cat posted:

That poor rat.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

didnt read rest of thread

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

Poor rat. Probably had a heart attack or a stroke in a place where it couldn't get any help and died alone and in fear. Not a good way to go.

You've got no idea. As far as we know, this might have been rat Hitler.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Rest in peace, poor rat

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I found a mouse nest in my basement and setup traps on top of the foundation. One of them sprung the trap but didn't get killed. It was still alive stuck in the trap the next morning. Had to bring the fucker out to the trash. Also found a skeleton embedded in some of the insulation.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My outside AC unit thing eats 1 or 2 rats every year. It makes an awful noise and glazes its internals with rat paste. Thankfully it's outside.

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
One of those fucks died in my kitchen a couple of years ago, the smell was horrendous. The exterminator and I spent about an hour trying to find it and were about to give up or possibly start smashing walls. He found it while I was attempting to tell my wife over the phone and I've never been so loving relieved.

That wasn't the first time one got in but it was really hard to work out how they were doing it. Turned out there was some kind of break in the waste water pipe somewhere down the line and we were getting in through that. You've gotta work out how they do that and seal it off because they leave scent trails or something that others follow.

Then we sold the house and got cats for the new place.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hammerite posted:

the meaning of your post is not difficult to interpret through your words, it's just that what you are saying is bizarre

what about breathing through your mouth means you have to "taste death"? if you don't breathe through your nose then you can't smell, and that being the case you certainly can't taste through smell.

equally, what about breathing through your nose means you have to take "big gulps of air"? you just close your palate and breathe normally.

hate to have to break this to you, but neither of ya’ll seem to know how tasting things works in the least. here’s an experiment for children to get you up to speed

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Are all cats equal at killing mice or is there a specific breed I should get.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Are all cats equal at killing mice or is there a specific breed I should get.

It really comes down to the individual cat honestly. Some of them are just serial killers whereas my cat found a lizard the other day and just watched it for 20 minutes and let it go.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Caesar Saladin posted:

It really comes down to the individual cat honestly. Some of them are just serial killers whereas my cat found a lizard the other day and just watched it for 20 minutes and let it go.

Maybe I should ask at the adoption place.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hollismason posted:

Maybe I should ask at the adoption place.

rookie mistake. you’re gonna find your best mousers at the junkyard

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

rats make great pets, enjoy your new ghost rat!