Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
one time a rabbit or rat died in the duct work of our swamp coolers, which was under the slab, in the middle of the summer, like a couple years after my parents built that house. No professionals could ever find it. We had to deal with that smell for 2 loving years.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
the smell is going to drive you completely insane until your brain just tunes it out

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sophy Wackles posted:

You basically are going to need a full on hazmat suit to clean up that rat and its nest/droppings.

One time, a while after the swamp cooler incident, a rabbit died in the culvert under the exit of the driveway of that house in the middle of the summer. One day there was a faint smell, and then all of a sudden it was just wafting through the swamp coolers and we were going NO, NOT AGAIN.
My brother, dad and I tracked it down on day 4, when it was getting unbelievably rank, and found a liquefying cottontail right at the entrance of one side of the culvert tube. My brother and I then put on N95s and gloves, because my dad is such a baby about smells, and proceeded to scoop it in a shovel and run it to the then-empty acre lot of desert next door.
Both of us threw up on the way, and threw up on the way back after it popped when we tossed it, just from the sheer stench. We were passing the shovel to and from like we were loving Chernobyl liquidators or some poo poo, it was so, so, so bad.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PinheadSlim posted:

A whole rear end enclosed ecosystem is gonna develop in your wall

also how does the caulking work look

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

No. 6 posted:

That rat is gonna rot inside my Tupperware wall and like it

you're not tho lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

No. 6 posted:

I doubt I'll ever see or smell it again

that's the hope and the goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hammerite posted:

I never understand stories like this. why didn't you just not breathe through your noses

We didn't.
You ever dealt with an animal in a state of decay where the smell permeates everything?