Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I thought the entire point of renting was to make your landlord deal with this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

No. 6 posted:

You're not wrong but my landlord already said no to ripping apart the walls. We both poked around in the attic and the crawlspace but couldn't find anything.

Why are you negotiating with your property servant? Make her fix it. This is why I miss my condo, now that I own a house when something goes wrong I have to yell at and coordinate with vendors instead of just calling the concierge to do it for me.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

One time, a while after the swamp cooler incident, a rabbit died in the culvert under the exit of the driveway of that house in the middle of the summer. One day there was a faint smell, and then all of a sudden it was just wafting through the swamp coolers and we were going NO, NOT AGAIN.
My brother, dad and I tracked it down on day 4, when it was getting unbelievably rank, and found a liquefying cottontail right at the entrance of one side of the culvert tube. My brother and I then put on N95s and gloves, because my dad is such a baby about smells, and proceeded to scoop it in a shovel and run it to the then-empty acre lot of desert next door.
Both of us threw up on the way, and threw up on the way back after it popped when we tossed it, just from the sheer stench. We were passing the shovel to and from like we were loving Chernobyl liquidators or some poo poo, it was so, so, so bad.

Is this ChatGPT failing the turning test?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

MoonshineWilly posted:

I had a rat die in the vents and then a couple weeks later my girlfriend called me at work and said, “We have flies,” and I just rolled my eyes and figured she was exaggerating. But it turns out I was the rear end in a top hat because we had about 200 flies in the kitchen and I spent the better part of an hour killing them with one of those electric zappers that looks like a tennis racket.

Imagine not noticing a a decaying rat in your vent for weeks and rejecting the idea that having a noticeable population of flys in the kitchen might not be "normal".

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Imagine not noticing a a decaying rat in your vent for weeks and rejecting the idea that having a noticeable population of flys in the kitchen might not be "normal".

"Our kitchen is full of flies"

"Honey, surely you are exaggerating, is it seriously more than the normal number of flies in our kitchen, I don't believe you."