Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wow. That went under fast.

I just saw a meme yesterday that I think was intended to be praising trucks but it was two of some model of maybe Ford truck, same color, same model, 30 years apart, and the new one is literally twice the size.

Big trucks are really stupid.

edit: chevy

Wouldn't be surprised if the modern one has a much smaller bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Just a reminder that thread favorite L.A. Beast (not to be confused with Mr. Beast) is still producing quality schadenfreude content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQRL_BP0Ps

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I am surprised that there is more than one clip of this happening.

https://x.com/crazyclipsonly/status/1730257126558159133?s=20

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

That's what you get for repping chud gun coffee.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Scratch Monkey posted:

aw that's not nice. no freude here

here, however

https://i.imgur.com/b8RQnt1.mp4

The Prius driving by is :kiss:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

If that tattoo was used as a plot in a show or movie I wouldn't believe it, the tat is ridiculously detailed and also one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. For his sake I hope it's unfinished.

At least they were able to use it to catch the guy who killed Mr. Peanut.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've heard several stories where parents drove their family home only to realise they left one of their children behind

A friend of the family, who had like 6 kids left one of their children alone at home while they flew to Europe for Christmas. It was a whole thing apparently.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
It turned out okay, a regionally famous Polka band helped his mother get home Christmas morning, a happy ending.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I don't know, that Agave looks pretty suspicious, way outside of it's normal climate.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Butterfly Valley posted:

They were right. It was the same Oompa Loompa in both pictures you were both discussing, look at the clothes.

Edit: nvm I can't keep up with who was arguing with who about there being one or two Oompa loompas

Honestly I think there were 3 Oompa Loompa's. the one handing a drink to the child didn't have sleeves but was wearing an apron.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Basticle posted:

I don't think they have these anymore but when i was a kid this was how you entered the Toledo Zoo and you just gave me a panic attack

The still have these at the exits of L stations in Chicago.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

iwentdoodie posted:

Yes, goons who watch YouTube are better at weight lifting than a woman doing it the absolute correct way. You sure told her she's doing it wrong.

Regardless of technique I'd argue she did it incorrectly seeing as it bounced into her and knocked her down, it looked painful too.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
PYF Schadenfreude: Dodecahedez nuts

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

What was the design process like for that ride? Like fun was obviously not a priority and it goes without saying that safety wasn't, either.

I think it's just a malfunctioning gravitron.

Edit: Nope, that's the ride, it's called a Tagada, and googling it mostly leads to stories about people getting hurt on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dob9kzDPrk

koshmar has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Apr 10, 2024

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

cubicle gangster posted:

Man I went on one of these as a kid and had such a great time. The one I went on was mostly padded in the center so the operator was even more aggressively flinging people out of their seats.
My mum was so pissed when she saw what my dad let me go on. I was maybe 10 years old on a family holiday in Spain at a lovely travelling funfair.
Genuinely would never go on one today. You need that child/teenage ability to just bounce off stuff.

Tagada Wiki posted:

The Tagada is operated by a human operator who will synchronize the bounces with the music beat. Most operators give time for riders to get to their seats again before making the ride bounce (this occurs if turbulence is too strong). Sometimes riders will be told the ride is over and the gates will not open and the operator will restart the ride making everyone fall over and then open the gates.

Tagada rides are often associated with injuries, including at Yarm Fair 2005 when Bradley Pennicott of the Kingsmead estate, Eaglescliffe, snapped his left arm whilst on the ride. It is suspected that Bradley was malnourished which contributed to the injury. Common also are ejections from the ride, such as 20 June 2011 in Newcastle,[1] or during the 2008 British Grand Prix[2] or October 2009,[3] or most recently in 2016 in Ayr, Scotland where three riders got launched from the ride. Most injuries are broken bones of riders who fall into the middle of the ride. Many street fairs ban tagada rides due to their generally poor safety records and cleanliness. The rides are banned in the United States and Australia due to these issues

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Siffl posted:

Have you been around anyone who's been drinking before? I bartended all through college, and I've seen way dumber poo poo happen. Does anyone have that gif of the drunk girl taking a shot of salt because she thought it was her tequila?

There's more than one, but this is my favorite, there's a lot going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tcZKrShX6U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
She didn't get fired, Disney just didn't renew her contract.