Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

davidspackage posted:

What are you doing later, sweet cheeks
Killing all men, god you never listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Update: trading and bartering are barred from Capitalism.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would disqualify all the games for involving the trading of goods and/or services for currency.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I get it, they’re probably trying to avoid having a cute harvest moon/stardew valley trading vegetables for seashells game next to Crush Your Employees LLC Tycoon, which is the vibe I’m guessing they’re going for

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Armitag3 posted:

I get it, they’re probably trying to avoid having a cute harvest moon/stardew valley trading vegetables for seashells game next to Crush Your Employees LLC Tycoon, which is the vibe I’m guessing they’re going for

That's probably it right there, but I also enjoyed it as a cheap shot at 'capitalists are bad' while they could.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Also, you gotta put some sort of arbitrary limit on the event to keep it themed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/23VXUrv.mp4

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

After literally years of complaining for a new water machine at work, the hospital gave us a new water and ice dispenser. They kept giving us arrival date estimates for this machine they had “on order from the company” over the weeks. It arrived during my weekend. It has crust all over it and an inch of dust on top and is clearly not new.

I dispense water into a centrifuge tube, spin it down, and put it in one of our urine microscopy slides. Bacteria. I try the ice dispensing part. It has black spots in the ice. I make a slide of that and thaw it with the warmth of my finger. It is mold or algae or some poo poo and it is alive. Little creatures are eating each other in there. A whole thriving ecosystem of microbes I don’t even recognize, and I made 106% in microbiology. This is supposed to be water for patients.

I’m hauling up more bottled water cases today.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Time to blow the whistle it sounds like

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Biplane posted:

Thankfully smartphone cameras are great at looking through microscopes. Videos of it have been sent to every clinical employee of the unit and emailed to my boss, her boss, risk management, and the boss of the department that brought us this lovely machine.

This thing is also like a constant 90 db of noise when plugged in

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Me after finding a whistle in an old Templar graveyard that is marked with a cryptic warning in Latin:

Biplane posted:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

aw that's not nice. no freude here

here, however

https://i.imgur.com/b8RQnt1.mp4

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Tagra posted:

I think it's 2 hours or two weeks after purchase now. We purchased a co-op game in a sale and then didn't get around to playing it for a while, then when we finally got the group together to try it the game was dogshit so we quit just before the 2 hour mark and tried to refund it. Got denied because it had been too long since the purchase date. Which is kind of fair but also buying things and not playing them for years is the Steam meta, dammit.

I've had good results with refunds, but I very, very rarely refund games. I refunded No mans sky on launch day, and recently refunded an otherwise well-reviewed game after 3.5 hours and it was pretty much instantly returned (in steam credits, perhaps they'd be more reticent about refunding creditcards?).

Steam support however, is still awful. My favorite exchange was after I got spammed with mails that someone was trying to remove 2FA from my Steam account, after somehow gaining access to my steam support account (Steam Support accounts are seperate from your Steam account). I changed the password to the account and checked for any other stuff they may have done. They didn't do any actual damage so I just closed all the "plz remove 2FA" tickets except one, and responded to it saying that someone tried to get access to this account, but I fixed it, and that in the future they are allowed to ignore any tickets from me that don't come from a Belgian IP - as the "hacker" was from a Russian IP range.

Steam Support's response to me fixing my own problem and trying to prevent it in the future was to lock down my Steam account until I sent them a copy of my ID.

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm confused. Were they on their phone or something? Did the boom gates come down and they just panicked and froze?

Were they just incredibly loving stupid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ_4oiLkoIQ

I'd say he was incredibly loving stupid for stopping where he did. The bridge operator also didn't clear the bridge so didn't notice he was there (view obstructed apparently). Also Florida.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Fishstick posted:

Steam support however, is still awful. My favorite exchange was after I got spammed with mails that someone was trying to remove 2FA from my Steam account, after somehow gaining access to my steam support account (Steam Support accounts are seperate from your Steam account). I changed the password to the account and checked for any other stuff they may have done. They didn't do any actual damage so I just closed all the "plz remove 2FA" tickets except one, and responded to it saying that someone tried to get access to this account, but I fixed it, and that in the future they are allowed to ignore any tickets from me that don't come from a Belgian IP - as the "hacker" was from a Russian IP range.

Steam Support's response to me fixing my own problem and trying to prevent it in the future was to lock down my Steam account until I sent them a copy of my ID.

i mean the account was clearly compromised so they couldnt really know that you had gotten it back?

anyway,
https://twitter.com/TheWapplehouse/status/1744204158545084920

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Never seen a Connor that looked more like a Connor than this guy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...da8caacd83e7f9&

The General
Mar 4, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

Also, you gotta put some sort of arbitrary limit on the event to keep it themed.

Probably the first GenreFest where there haven't been multiple wildly out of place games in the top 10.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Excellent PIT form

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Cop PIT Cop is my favorite noise rock band

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

lovely thing to do, imo. No way a kitty is capable of thinking, "lol good prank bro, you got me good."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I take solace in the fact that kitten is gonna poo poo in its owner's shoes

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/IBS4dWR.mp4

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Scratch Monkey posted:

aw that's not nice. no freude here

here, however

https://i.imgur.com/b8RQnt1.mp4

The Prius driving by is :kiss:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
that's a mazda what the hell man

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah it's the Mazda Prius

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/QOQHNCf.mp4

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Cant park there mate

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Have you thought about who you are in this

Are you the man in the pot, Diogenes?

Are you his hand?
Are you the top of the hammer

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
in before the wave of you masters of wit say can't park there etc

edit: haha nevermind

Why is the guy so... distressed at the end?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

credburn posted:

Why is the guy so... distressed at the end?

He got cheeseburglared!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/YU4DZNt.mp4

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This guy is a stupid rear end in a top hat

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

freeedr posted:

This guy is a stupid rear end in a top hat

Oh yeah?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nenonen posted:

Oh yeah?

You laugh and make jokes but this is him now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Elias_Maluco posted:

Never seen a Connor that looked more like a Connor than this guy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Conner is the genie you'd get if you rubbed a can of Skoal.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You laugh and make jokes but this is him now.

Yeah, that's after he was driven over by a teenage girl.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Men are so bad at walking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

Have you thought about who you are in this

Are you the man in the pot, Diogenes?

Are you his hand?
Are you the top of the hammer

"In the end… We only regret the chances we didn’t take"
- Lewis Carroll