Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Goodbye schad thread. Now that's it's gone from GBS I will rarely see it and therefore not contribute often.

It was a good 4 year run.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soul Dentist posted:

Can you not bookmark it?

I don't bookmark threads. You have to see them first in the wild in order to bookmark them and that's the benefit of not just going through your bookmarked list. You see more threads that might be interesting. :)

Also I'm very lazy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Baron von Eevl posted:

I believe it auto bookmarks a thread when you post in it.

That is true. And I just checked for maybe the 3rd time since I've had an account and I have 39 pages of bookmarked threads. Yikes.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

So you don't use bookmarks, to ensure that you get to see more threads. But then complain that you won't see this thread, because you won't bookmark it. :raise:

No, I just won't see it as often as I don't visit PYF very frequently and I only look at the meme thread here.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Trabant posted:

I am a lazy man, but this... I aspire to be this lazy.

Even though it's a step or two away from "forgot to breathe" kind of lazy.

This dude gets it.

;)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Well, silver lining, maybe it'll inspire you to visit PYF more and find more good threads!

I mean, theoretically. I only go off bookmarks so I have no idea what other threads exist in PYF.

Hey, that's a good way of looking at it!

Here's some schad in penance.

https://i.imgur.com/fbAB2A4.mp4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I'm very glad the "is this really an acceptable form of schad?" :thunk: derails are still alive and well in PYF.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wow. That went under fast.

I just saw a meme yesterday that I think was intended to be praising trucks but it was two of some model of maybe Ford truck, same color, same model, 30 years apart, and the new one is literally twice the size.

Big trucks are really stupid.

edit: chevy

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FreudianSlippers posted:

Look if you're driving a pickup and you aren't a third world insurgent you're just LARPing.

:lol: they literally are.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Blue Footed Booby posted:

One of your neighbors is probably lying because they don't want to deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zoQfqPnMA8

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

This is absolutely perfect.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:allears:

You know drat well he was trying to bargain with the dog until he accepted that he'd have to physically remove them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nowher posted:

Can't go without posting this masterpiece

Hey, it's the girl from Hereditary!

edit: woah I was a few pages behind

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I've seen a version of this with sound and her head makes a big ping.

Although freedr could always do the groan/fart thing. That's a classic.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

freeedr posted:

I don’t know but I know it’s been posted before because I made an edit of it somewhere

I have a feeling I know what that edit is. :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Martman posted:

while it's obviously staged, there's also the possibility that he actually hurt himself on accident while trying to go viral with a dumb video. still potentially excellent schad

Extremely clearly staged poo poo is dumb and not schad at all and I wish people wouldn't post that bullshit but yeah, if someone accidentally hurts themselves loving up trying to go viral then I'll accept it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

lol, the second one he just becomes still and farts.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How in the hell are those topics even related? What a loving moron.

Rhetorical, please don't respond.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SpacePig posted:

Man, I thought this was just shipping and manufacturing strikes at first. This rules even more than I thought.

lol at trying to compel the post office legally and getting it thrown out, too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taeke posted:

I have a gaming laptop which allows me to chill on my couch while shitposting and gaming[...] It's super unhealthy for my lifestyle and posture but whatever.

:same:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nfcknblvbl posted:

One hour on a AAA game isn't enough time to know if it's good since the tutorial phase usually lasts about 3 hours. That first hour lets you determine if the game actually runs well enough on your machine.

A bunch of people were rightfully pissed off when the latest MS Flight Sim released a few years ago. The Steam download was just their own downloader. So tons of people who downloaded the "game" went over the refund limit simply because it considered the MS downloader being the game running. And it took hours to download the game when it came out.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nenonen posted:

Oh yeah?

You laugh and make jokes but this is him now.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

It never gets old. Ever.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
In boot camp they didn't have doors on the stalls. I'd time my poops at night after lights out because I didn't have time during the day. One time I went to the last stall on the left side of the room and some moron (texan of course) goes to the last stall on the far right directly across from me. So he's just like, trying to talk to me while I'm making GBS threads and commenting on my wiping technique. Weirdo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mister Speaker posted:

I really want to hear one of all the sharp intakes of breath Mat Bellamy does when he sings. John Oliver kind of does the same thing on Last Week Tonight.

Or a cut of Robert Evans or Sam Seder just stuttering. Are those out there?

I had to stop watching The Punisher with John Bernthal because 1) it was boring as poo poo, and 2) Ben Barnes would take a super loud and quick breath before just about anything he said and it drove me insane.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hawowanlawow posted:

I can't watch Jacques Pepin anymore because of his slurping

fuckin swallow your spit old man

You don't tell Jacques Pepin to swallow.

He tells you to swallow. The delicious food that he lovingly made for you!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Scratch Monkey posted:

I love Jacques but he ends pretty much every sentence with “you know?”

I thought he was French but I guess he's from the midwest.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Subjunctive posted:

I read a transcript of a podcast episode I was a guest on, and wow did I feel those verbal tics in the deepest part of my shame centres

Yep! Last year or so I had to record myself for some college class. Like a minute long monologue of something that I honestly don't remember. The amounts of "ums" and "uhs" and pauses despite me re-recording it numerous times is just awful.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I also hate my Wisconsin/Chicago accent. I'm always afraid to talk to goons online because I sound like an SNL Bears Superfan.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
ASMR to me seems like weird fetish poo poo.

All of it that I heard has been extremely annoying and hitting all of the subtle mouth noises that I hate. Like someone chewing with their mouth open.

I'm getting too old for the internet.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

lol, the guy in the reflection busts out laughing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BiggerBoat posted:

Bad fish...

Swallow ya whole

I liked your last av better but I'm glad you're keeping the theme. :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ashcans posted:

As someone who didn't see snow until their 20s, it comes in a surprising variety.

As someone who was born unto the snow, yeah. It can be a wonderful fluffy powder that you can make snow angels in or just straight up hard rear end ice. Like two feet of snow that you can stroll on top of like Legolas.

I, again, just hit some clumped snow from a plow with my car while turning into my driveway a few days ago and it popped a panel out on the front of my Forester.

edit: My older cousin was on the US ski team and he a bad wipeout in a ski-cross match and almost died. They had to fly him off the mountain. He's a big super nice hippy but now due to the brain damage he's a republican. :(

Pennywise the Frown has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Jan 25, 2024

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ommin posted:

Almost 20 years on these dead gay forums and this thread is where I get my first red text for a lame joke, and I can not be more proud. Thank you!

E: And a lame snipe! Along with the thread title I got in another thread, what do I need a probation for an SA hat trick?

Congrats!

I got a red text once years ago but a mod thought it was too mean so they removed it lol. I was only aware I had it for like 5 minutes.

edit: I got a lovely av before and kept it for a week or so just to make sure the poster got their money's worth

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Butterfly Valley posted:

Imagine receiving a custom title from posting itt

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I couldn't imagine browsing the forums with AVs off. That's how I identify most people. Once they change it, they're someone new!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

this is why I recently added my orange curtains (from a painting by Lois Dodd called "Night Window") that I had for like 10 years to my Stupid Newbie

that's a new av, who the gently caress are you?

Soul Dentist posted:

Is there an active avatar commission thread? I just checked CC and couldn't find anything from the last three years. I would pay for an avatar so I can exist

gbs does that every once in a while. My first av came from someone drawing my username.

edit: this is dated 2012 according to the pic data

Pennywise the Frown has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Jan 27, 2024

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

greazeball posted:

It's a decent theory but...

loving Conan the Barbarian is real.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My not luxury 2014 Subaru Forester has a smaller footprint/emissions than most cars. It's 2" smaller than a loving Toyota Camry lol.

edit: 2" smaller than a Corolla I meant. It's 9" smaller than a Camry.

Pennywise the Frown has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Feb 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CainFortea posted:

Your forester would be exempt, since it's based on curb weight. It's just right at the top end but still.

Ah ok, so they're focusing on the big poo poo like those old Suburban and Escalade type stuff I guess? Most modern SUVs I see aren't that big.

I don't know how they classify cars in France but mine is classified as an SUV so I assumed that when the article pic said SUVs I assumed all SUVs, which I figure is the natural assumption.

What about trucks? That would have been my #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 target before even looking at anything else. What about super heavy muscle cars? Why just SUVs? I see tons of work SUVs every day.

The NPR program I was very briefly listening to a few days ago had mixed opinions from Parisians.

Seems very stupid and targeted while missing the point completely, but I haven't read anything about it besides that pic so I can only assume I'm missing important details. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :)