Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I like the knot on the exact same part of the other string that says this wasn't the first time this happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Inceltown posted:

There are dozens of us and none of us have this set of issues with YouTube.

Seems like the entire Vivaldi user base is posting here. I also haven't had any issues, but I'm ready to fall back on Firefox if necessary.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I feel that may not be entirely because of the coffeine

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

jeebus bob posted:

I...
Um

Where do I start?

Yeah, what's even the point of being old money if you don't have a web of family secrets that you have to conceal, like a possessed cousin kept behind hidden doors in the tower of your old gothic mansion whose nightly howling is the reason why the villagers think your family is cursed and haunted.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Biplane posted:

The algorithm knows the conversation you should be having, not the one you want to have

That makes no see our top 10 list of best Christmas gifts in 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is it made of sheet metal so you can use it to immediately slit that guy's throat and run away?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Time for this oldie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

lobsterminator posted:

I pretty much support youtubers doing the skeeviest things and using the worst thumbnails, because the internet is not new. If you are still falling for a shocked face it's all over. Kids these days grow up with technology and can program before they can talk so that poo poo should not work anymore.

80 year olds today grew up with TV, yet the cheapest tricks work as well as ever.

It's pretty stupid to say "people should be immune to the concerted efforts of the billion dollar marketing industry to manipulate them"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I never stopped having the "running late for class/sitting the big test and realizing you didn't study" nightmares, just piled new ones into the rotation

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

Outsourcing always bites you in the rear end

You gotta murder the laborers you hired to dispose of the body.

Then hire more laborers to get rid of their remains... oh no

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LookieLoo posted:

That's not schad if you pretended to do it on purpose.

Now you gotta do it every time to sell that it's your "thing"

And get caught up in an out of control spiral of eccentricities

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't think anybody has seen Notch in a decade

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The schadenfreude is the world's most annoying watermark, Jesus Christ

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Shane volunteered to make sure Kissinger wouldn't try to sneak out of hell

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's the Bendy ManTM!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pigeons are the humans of the bird family. They are stupid and ugly and filthy and mean and self destructive, yet they are everywhere and spreading by the day

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Bartender prank: the ol' frothy top

https://i.imgur.com/XGDnbho.mp4

What's wrong with the first two glasses? Those are pretty much perfectly drafted with the ideal amount of head. Meanwhile in the last clip the foam on the first beer is a bit too much, but the one that they accept is a disgustingly flat glass of piss water that's only fit to be thrown back at the bartender.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Dec 5, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Air Skwirl posted:

I am so loving glad I've never had you as a bartender.

This is what a proper beer looks like, anything short of this is trash. English beer "culture" is cursed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Butterfly Valley posted:

Those were all extremely Scottish people in the video. Also different styles of beer should be served differently.

Ok, ok, there are in fact three acceptable pours for the various beer that's worth drinking

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Air Skwirl posted:

Now I know you're just making a joke, but I'm still pissed off about accusing me of being English.

People have been killed for less than implying this is a joking matter
https://praguemorning.cz/the-czech-beer-connoisseurs-manual/

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, if network costs in Korea are extremely high across the board, how is any internet company staying afloat?

E: explained already

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

Apparently this is a thing on gun nut twitter when they try to show off their "trigger pull discipline" in increasingly bizarre ways. Anyway, the conclusion was inevitable.

It would appear to me, a mere layman, that an important part of trigger pull discipline is knowing when not to pull the trigger

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They tortured Kaltbier to death for messing with a propaganda poster, what would they do to somebody who actually illegally abused an official government instrument to forge documents.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's the only legal form of birth control left in the US

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Isn't the Scoville scale entirely feels based anyway

This whole chili culture is so loving stupid and childish

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That Hog Out Grazing

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
All cars should be yelling at you and insulting you incessantly while you are driving

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
These aren''t your bottom shelf apes

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Moon Monster posted:

The completely featureless grey one in the middle is clearly worth at least a few mil

It's ape zero

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fishstick posted:

I funge every ape I steal

from chimpan-A to chimpan-Z

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Billy Mitchell cheated at a video game, I don't think that makes him as bad as the Nazi. Also be was an important pioneer of military aviation.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

sweet geek swag posted:

Jobst, unfortunately, likes to seek out this sort of drama. What is worse is that he's actually pretty comprehensive about how he covers this stuff. Like it or not, he's one of the main sources of information on this topic. Yes it makes me feel dirty as well. Normally his 'news' isn't anything more important that a couple of faked speedruns, but in this case he actually happened onto what is probably an actual crime.

Oh no where else will we get the important information about who cheated at donkey Kong 30 years ago????

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That's a flying megaguillotine :dogstare:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sharp left! Sharp left! Sharp pain! Sharp pain!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here in Melbourne Australia the city council decided to run a 12 month trial with those electric scooters (which just got extended another 6 months) to see whether their widespread use would be feasible

The introduced guidelines had these restrictions:

.... but I see people breaking those rules all the time: riding on crowded footpaths, carrying one or more passengers with them, riding through traffic on busy roads, etc etc.. There's apparently been a spike in accidents of hospitalizations so there must have been a whole lot of gnarly accidents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaLsFljA_gc

Those rental scooters are a loving scourge, pray that they won't extend the license after the trial period.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is what an alpha male looks like

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Is that one of those legal post birth abortions the republicans talk about?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Polyurethane foam breaks down in contact with moisture in the air, wearing the sneakers won't help (that might help with other plastics and rubber formulations that suffer from "drying out" due to loss of plasticizers, I guess?), best you can do is make sure the storage is dry.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

iwentdoodie posted:

It's a medium for being social. It's social media. No one cared about grognard definitions when bbs' existed no one cares now

Education is knowing that forums are social media, wisdom is knowing not to put them into a social media salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Modern social media makes conversations simply impossible, comfortable or not. Can't have a conversation if it's not even guaranteed your contributions will be seen by anybody, thanks to an algorithm. And if everything is just ephemeral. The death of simple chronologically ordered threaded content was the death of social media as a means of useful communication.