Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

freeedr posted:

I ordered a hot dog roller off of the internet while recovering from anesthesia. This is a problem. It is an expensive one with a bun drawer

Well, you'd hardly want a hot dog roller that lacked a bun draw. WHat's the problem?

Bookish posted:

I was recovering from anesthesia and saw that one of my friends had posted a snapchat of her new haircut. Thinking that I feel fine and in control of my faculties I commented something along the lines of "hey, cute bngas". Then after I sent that I realized that I had spelled bangs wrong so to fix it I meant to say that I just came out of anesthesia and I'm a little loopy but what I actually sent was "Cute bangs, I just came"

They were very cute bangs I guess

I actually lol'd at this.
I haven't done anything funny coming out of anesthesia, unless "huge panic attack upon noticing iv line in arm" counts as funny. It might have been, for onlookers, I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Ragdoll physics.

That's the one.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Bad idea. You can never be sure how dumb, aggressive, panicky animals will behave. And the ostrich might not like it either.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Chekov's Lake does not disappoint.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Ok. So greater efficiency, at the cost of an increased likelihood of buffoonery and/or clownitude.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Just need to label the hatless guy "me, age 8" and label the puncher "delicious yet very very cold ice cream"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
You will ride eternal, shiny and- ohh.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Non Compos Mentis posted:

does this mean when it happens to your ship in Starfield that it isn't a bug but a reference?

Exactly. Just like how all the romance options are a reference to the classic film Dr Strangelove.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The guy on the right doing an actual collar tug. I thought that was just a Simpsons joke.

e: I mean they're all on the right, obvs.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Kessler Syndrome LARP

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I get the feeling that guy's being yelling "here, dog! C'mon!" at increasing pitch and volume for about an hour

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The noble Canberra magpie has adapted to cyclists wearing helmets by spearing you between the shoulder blades.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

New Disco Elysium?

Yes, but all the skill names are replaced with cryptocurrency names.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
We need some kind of central fact-finding database to handle all these crazy rumors about the Blade trilogy. We can call it Wesley Snopes!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I kind of feel compelled to post this message whenever US healthcare comes up, but: I'd like to validate the rage and dread you feel as a result of living in america. Your healthcare system is the worst in the world, and is a literal tool of Satan. Anyone telling you otherwise is a soulless ghoul. The rest of the planet looks on your bizarre vampiric system with mingled pity and dread. It doesn't have to be this way

Also that last video is fantastic

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Thanks for rubbing it in on the last day of open enrollment, you jerk!!

I don't know what open enrolment is, but I'm going to guess it's an obtuse and expensive process overseen by capricious invisible bureaucrats whereby "things don't get worse, at least" is the best and also least likely outcome
e: also if you get it wrong, your doctor visits now cost $3,000

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
:(

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Aramoro posted:

eye injections

eye injections

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Feeling unsettled by the word

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Somehow he survived unharmed

Bet his pants didn't

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Unperson_47 posted:

God drat that loving tortoise can loving move.

Turns out we've been misinformed as to the basic attributes of tortoises

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

zoux posted:

Horses are a lot like birds in that regard.

And very unlike travelling goons

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
If I got stuck in a foot-wide pipe, I'm pretty certain my psyche would be irreversibly shattered.
Maybe getting really drunk and/or living in Russia insulates you from the worst of the soul-damage?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
One from the PYF Comics thread that seems appropriate here

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Shaking lemur butt posted:

It might be because I'm on mobile, but that bird looks angry as hell. That bird is a murderer. The next panel for all of those events is a pigeon committing ultraviolence, I'm sure of it.

I hope they're not angry, because there's one stationed on every power line in town, which is kind of ominous come to think of it

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Pretty sure this is Baldrick's fault, somehow

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Soul Dentist posted:

It's definitely not because there's abbreviations for literally everything in medical billing

Axolotl Bite
Bees Sleeping In Ears
Forehead Glued to Both Elbows

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Platystemon posted:

Can’t snow park there, mate.

Can't parka there, mate

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
*freeze frame / record scratch*

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Knormal posted:

The constant low lament of the football fans really makes this.

Actual lol.
"Oiiioowwwhhh! Ehhhh! Hhhhh! Owwoooohhhhhwwww!"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Right click, funge as

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Dutch tulip mania, if tulips were hideous and coveted solely by dullards

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The Moon Monster posted:

Most of what people "know" about nft mania was made up by a guy hundreds of years later just FYI. There really was a bored ape investment bubble, but it was nowhere near as big as people make it out to be, and any specific slurp juice anecdote you hear about it is probably bogus.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Karate Bastard posted:

The penitent rich man sends Enrique in first.

Lo, just lo, if thou sendest not Enrique

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

haveblue posted:

If anyone else lives in your house the contents of the fridge may spontaneously change without your involvement

lol just lol if your kids don't update the refrigerated food database hourly

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mister Speaker posted:

I also never got laid in high school and didn't go to prom.

Turn on... my... monitor?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The good news is, we succesfully made your leg bones 6 inches longer! Bad news is, we don’t know how to do the same for muscles or skin, so

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

can you cut your dick off and insert a metal rod and it will grow back together asking for a friend

Why ask a fallible human these questions when the infallible hypermind ChatGPT stands ready to help?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

GoutPatrol posted:

But perfect for those birds that leave their prey on spikes, a skater would be a pretty good get

Tony Shrike's Pro Impaler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Chicken Butt posted:

Shitposting is so old that I suspect it's deeply wired into the human consciousness. See e.g. Pompeiian graffiti. My fave: "Theophilus, don't perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog".

... and, of course, the meta-shitpost: "O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin."

I like to think that some long-dead Roman felt the ground shake, saw the black plume exploding upwards on the horizon, saw the ash cloud roaring down the street engulfing human after screaming human; and then he grit his teeth and reached for his shitpostin' paint. With only a few moments left, he knew what had to be done.