Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Why did they air this?

Because their suburban viewership has never actually witnessed human suffering and assume anyone of lesser socioeconomic status than a Kroger cashier to be a marauder willing to cut the rings from your fingers.

Seriously, I've never felt truly endangered in the downtown of any large city, even when people are nodding off with needles in their arms and living in tents, but a small town truck stop? gently caress, in and out, mind my p's and q's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Furious George posted:

What if we made being on the trams compulsory, therefore there would be nobody not on the tram to hit?

So a slower version of snowpiercer?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ekuNNN posted:

some more bicycle cops

Honestly, the cop mentality of "Our job is cool and we are the best at what we can do because we had 8 hours of no fail training" will always be the best source of schadenfreude.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Tagra posted:

And people watch these channels?

Either that or heroin.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

5TonsOfFlax posted:

On the small truck subject, I've preordered one of these: https://www.telotrucks.com/

That looks like a hatchback missing half the roof.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Ommin posted:

I just keep thinking about how jagged those rocks look and how very little protection they have. Sure drowning would suck, but getting run across those rocks like a cheese grater, I feel would be arguably worse.

That floor almost looks like mussel beds, which would flense ya something good in that surf.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

In the '80s/90s when we hung individual strands of tinsel on our Christmas tree, one of our cats ate it and would have a couple inches of it hanging out of his butthole for several days.

It gets stuck in poop, such that you end up with a string of poop on a shiny/stretchy string (if they ate a rubber band)....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Tree Bucket posted:

I kind of feel compelled to post this message whenever US healthcare comes up, but: I'd like to validate the rage and dread you feel as a result of living in america. Your healthcare system is the worst in the world, and is a literal tool of Satan. Anyone telling you otherwise is a soulless ghoul. The rest of the planet looks on your bizarre vampiric system with mingled pity and dread. It doesn't have to be this way

Also that last video is fantastic

Hey now, it's not the worst healthcare system per se.

Because it's more of a profit extraction system with healthcare being an unwanted by-product....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Happy Landfill posted:

I think you mean, "police officer who killed Geroge Floyd was involved in an incident where a knife spontaneously pierced his person against his will"

Thoughts and prayers

Inmate involved stabbing.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

That's perennial thread favorite The Seagull

Perennial as in referring to the perinium?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Maybe she's part red panda?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Can't they just go visit ye old dungeon and get stretched on the rack? This seems, just so much worse...

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Now we find out that all of academia has like five truly original ideas.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
:nws: https://twitter.com/DanGraham135R/status/1743321448507187593 :nws:

(naked guy from a distance)

It's honestly hard to say if this guy should even feel ashamed....

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

BlackIronHeart posted:

He was trying to mount the tire on the rim with an explosion, which is a thing you can do but I've only ever seen it done with aerosols. I'm not sure what he poured into that thing but it was too much, clearly.

It was the use of det cord, which is generally used to set off much larger explosions. If you're trying to seat a tire, you use something that is merely combustible, like gasoline or benzene just to "poof" the tire to get it to seat so you can inflate it.

This was just like tossing a quarter stick of dynamite in and hoping it follows the same principles.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
For those wondering what it's about: In a corporation, the shareholders vote for the board of directors. Ol' Musky, having the most shares, gets to pack the board with his friends, then as CEO he gets to negotiate with them to determine his pay. So the deck is stacked in his favor. This is not great for the other shareholders for whom their share of profit is reduced due to the pay going to the CEO. So they've sued saying that the board shouldn't be paying him so much to the detriment of their own shares.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yo I heard this thread likes to see cops eating poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/ohXYFpR.mp4

All the king's horses and all the king's men.

Also, are they arresting a Wookie?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

deoju posted:

Doing that with red wind seems like a good way to ruin your clothes, furniture, etc.

Generally you just need to heat up the neck of the bottle, which causes the trapped air in that section to expand and pop out the cork. Otherwise the liquid will just absorb the heat and expand at a much slower rate. This guy was just trying to look cool like anyone who sabers a bottle of champagne.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Bored posted:

Man, even the dog was embarrassed on his behalf.

I always felt pretty bad for animals having to have their temperature taken when I worked at a veterinary office. They can’t understand us when we try to explain what we are doing or when we apologize. It’s just like,”surprise!”

These days, you can incorporate a thermometer into a microchip, so their temperature can be taken with a wave of a chip reader.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

It's just such a perfect orgy of idiotic destruction.

Thank you.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

davidspackage posted:

I don't mean you should leave Kyle Rittenhouse alone, I'm just saying there's more pertinent things to yell at him than that he pals around with racists. But whatever works to make him crawl back into a hole, I guess.

Nah, the racism is his whole Achille's heel. He spent alot of time defending going to the Ferguson riots on a non-racist basis when he really cant articulate a logical reason to cross state lines with a firearm to defend a community to which he had no connection. Drilling home that he built a prima facie case for being at least a Fox News level of racist is the only real accountability he's going to get.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

ancient greek name pter

Pterohelic dude!

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

He's making a joke though right? He's in an interview with two instances of himself and an AI note taker? Is there something I'm missing?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Oh well good thing it doesn't get stained from bird crap, dirt, or just generally being outside.

I'm guessing Elon believes that stainless steel also means non-stick.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Hippocrass posted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

This is a Five Guys. You're getting the whole bag whether you want it or not.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Mr.Radar posted:

There's a second level of schadenfreude going on here, apparently the truck is designed to apply increasing amounts of pressure as you cycle the frunk:

(Arguably there's a third level from buying a truck designed by someone who thinks that's a good design.)

So the trunk just keeps slamming itself harder and harder until it latches? And it's run by a learning algorithm?

They designed a giant robotic mouth didn't they?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

Please stop saying "frunk" like it's a normal non-perverted thing to say

Is frunk short for gently caress trunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

wash bucket posted:

The worm died in his brain. His brain could not sustain the brain worm.

So which state does it represent in the senate?